In first 4 games, Jets allowed only 14 second half points

Fibonacci

... Isn't this awesome?

7 points by Colts, 7 points by Dolphins. Don't you love defensive adjustments? A great Head Coach is growing in front of our eyes. This is ******* New York Jets people. This team will go the distance under Bowles. Have some faith in Bowles. 

in Bowles I trust....

... Isn't this awesome?

7 points by Colts, 7 points by Dolphins. Don't you love defensive adjustments? A great Head Coach is growing in front of our eyes. This is ******* New York Jets people. This team will go the distance under Bowles. Have some faith in Bowles. 

in Bowles I trust....

This is a great example of what I refer to when speaking about Geno Smith. People talk about Geno making big mistakes or looking terrible and all of that is valid when isolating the situation. The mixture of poor coaching and the lack of talent really put Geno in bad situations as well. 

One of my top reasons for the coaching change was "2nd half adjustments". The game that showed the best example of it was the Eagles game last week. The Jets are a better 2nd half team on defense and the defense already starts off pretty good. 

We seen it against the Colts at the beginning of the 2nd half. The first play of the 2nd half Bowles is blitzing Skrine and putting that pressure on. Same thing today. Bowles seen what as going on and really applied the pressure, but more importantly knowing who to put into the game at certain times (Marcus Williams). Also, Dion Bailey looks like a keeper. 

Anyway back to coaching, Sometimes you can have talent on your football team but if you dont know how to properly implement that talent while limiting exposure of their weaknesses then you can have a talented team that lose football games. Look at the very team we beat an hour ago. 

Maccagnan and Bowles are doing a superb job. 

I know it's just conditioning from the past six years, but I keep having this experience watching the Jets this year: they give up a long run, a couple of passes, and I'm thinking this defense sucks and is doomed...then I look at the scoreboard and realize that they're kicking ass. Weird feeling.

I can't wait to see this defense when they finally bench Cromartie and give his job to Marcus Williams.

you're going to have a really long wait.  The defense is playing well with Cro starting and Williams coming in as an added CB.  

Next season

I can't wait to see this defense when they finally bench Cromartie and give his job to Marcus Williams.

Most likely next year. Cro may be one & done after this season with so many promising young -AND CHEAPER- CBs waiting in the wings. It felt weird typing that last part considering the daggers in each eye that was our secondary in 2014.

... Isn't this awesome?

in Bowles I trust....

That's insane. Surely doesn't feel like that is the case. That's really an interesting stat which shows some real ability to adjust the game plan. 

True story. My 11 year old asked me a question during 4th quarter. He is not into football by the way. He couldn't care less. But today he decided to watch the game with daddy. 

He said daddy why doesn't Jets coach show any emotion? I told him Bowles was calm. He said this is good. If he stays calm, he can watch the game better. Your previous coach was too emotional. 

I swear to God. 

Even an 11 year old can see what Bowles is all about. I am ready to suck Bowles' dick. After so many years, Bowles will take us to the promised land. I believe in him. We got a special one in our hands. I hope front office can support him properly. Give him a good QB and we will be perennial playoff contenders. Do it Mac. Do it.

Finally this defense is making needed stops. Rex's defenses would routinely give up late game and late 2nd quarter drives for scores. Loved how we stopped the Dolphins on 8th and goal today with the Revis pick. Felt the refs were giving Miami calls all game to make it competitive for the London audience. 

Most likely next year. Cro may be one & done after this season with so many promising young -AND CHEAPER- CBs waiting in the wings. It felt weird typing that last part considering the daggers in each eye that was our secondary in 2014.

I wish we could make Cro into a safety he'd be such a good ballhawk safety. Williams has been very impressive too this defense has been so damn exciting to watch lol

Finally this defense is making needed stops. Rex's defenses would routinely give up late game and late 2nd quarter drives for scores. Loved how we stopped the Dolphins on 8th and goal today with the Revis pick. Felt the refs were giving Miami calls all game to make it competitive for the London audience. 

When we had a lead Rex ran prevent defense. One of the most frustrating things to watch.

the 9 play goal line stand was gut wrenching and pure torture, but amazing in the end

• 1st and Goal at NYJ 4

(6:30) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass incomplete short right to J.Landry (D.Davis).

• 2nd and Goal at NYJ 4

(6:26) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass incomplete short right to G.Jennings.

• 3rd and Goal at NYJ 4

(6:22) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass incomplete short left to J.Landry [L.Williams].

• 4th and Goal at NYJ 4

(6:22) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass incomplete short right to G.Jennings. PENALTY on NYJ-B.Skrine, Defensive Holding, 2 yards, enforced at NYJ 4 - No Play.

• 1st and Goal at NYJ 2

(6:12) #72 Linkenbach reports eligible. R.Tannehill pass short left to J.Landry for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on MIA-D.Parker, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 2 - No Play.

• 1st and Goal at NYJ 12

(6:06) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short left to D.Williams to NYJ 11 for 1 yard (D.Bailey). MIA-J.Fox was injured during the play.

• 2nd and Goal at NYJ 11

(5:44) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass incomplete short left to J.Cameron (D.Bailey). catch ruled out of bounds in the end zone

• 3rd and Goal at NYJ 11

(5:39) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short right to J.Landry to NYJ 9 for 2 yards (D.Bailey).

• 4th and Goal at NYJ 9

(5:04) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short middle intended for J.Landry INTERCEPTED by D.Revis at NYJ -6. Touchback. PENALTY on MIA-J.Landry, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at NYJ 20.

Defense has been amazing, but they have not really had that strong of a test yet IMO. With the team getting more comfortable with the schemes, and Richardson coming back, they should only get better.

Agreed.  They've basically faced cream puffs so far...but I think shutting down Luck on the road isnt an easy task.  And Bradford had 3 TD's on Sunday and they shut him down.

But honestly, it's been a really weird season so far.  If you look at the points per game, you'd think the league is filled with offensive juggernauts.  But the reality is, there arent any really good offensive teams out there other than the Pats, Packers and Falcons.  Everyone else sucks, really.  So I'm not sure you can really knock the Jets for beating up on sh*tty teams so far.

The Cardinals, Titans, Bengals and Bills are all averaging 27pts per game but would you consider any of them great offensive teams?   I wouldnt.

Clev - 23, Colts 18, Eagles 19.5, Dolphags 16.3 - so yeah, they've faced some of the worst offensive teams in the league thus far but I dont think the best ones are really all that great other than the Pats, Packers and Falcons. 

Defense has been amazing, but they have not really had that strong of a test yet IMO. With the team getting more comfortable with the schemes, and Richardson coming back, they should only get better.

Some truth here.  New England, like always, will be the litmus test.

Agreed.  They've basically faced cream puffs so far...but I think shutting down Luck on the road isnt an easy task.  And Bradford had 3 TD's on Sunday and they shut him down.

But honestly, it's been a really weird season so far.  If you look at the points per game, you'd think the league is filled with offensive juggernauts.  But the reality is, there arent any really good offensive teams out there other than the Pats, Packers and Falcons.  Everyone else sucks, really.  So I'm not sure you can really knock the Jets for beating up on sh*tty teams so far.

The Cardinals, Titans, Bengals and Bills are all averaging 27pts per game but would you consider any of them great offensive teams?   I wouldnt.

Clev - 23, Colts 18, Eagles 19.5, Dolphags 16.3 - so yeah, they've faced some of the worst offensive teams in the league thus far but I dont think the best ones are really all that great other than the Pats, Packers and Falcons. 

Completely agree with everything you said. I am definitely not knocking them, I just would love to see them hold NE to a decent amount of points. I don't think you can stop them, but I would love to see this defense hold them to 17, that would impress the hell out of me.

Completely agree with everything you said. I am definitely not knocking them, I just would love to see them hold NE to a decent amount of points. I don't think you can stop them, but I would love to see this defense hold them to 17, that would impress the hell out of me.

Agreed.  Seeing them go to toe to toe with the Pats and not get boat raced, would be a great day.  I dont expect to win or to really slow them down but at least keep it competitive.

The good thing the Jets have going for them is that outside of Brady x2 and Eli, assuming Romo doesnt come back by the time we play them is that the QB's they face after the bye are a joke; Cousins, Bortles, Carr, Mariota, Taylor x2, Hoyer or Mallet, Tannehill - the Defense should be able to win games on their own.

Archived