QB

Section 333

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying Fitz is a good backup is not a point against him.  Any teams out there who would be beating down our door to get Geno as their starter?  Nope.  Fitz and Geno are both backup-caliber QB's.  Fitz just happens to be better.

The Jets tried to get Kurt Cousins what does that say about their support of Geno??

Saying Fitz is a good backup is not a point against him.  Any teams out there who would be beating down our door to get Geno as their starter?  Nope.  Fitz and Geno are both backup-caliber QB's.  Fitz just happens to be better.

There isn't a head coach in the NFL who would trade his starting QB for Geno Smith.

Including Todd Bowles.

But you know as well as I do that we aren't going anywhere with Fitz. Now I will admit that we may not go anywhere with Geno either. But we KNOW we won't go anywhere with Fitz. How does that make me anti-Fitz????????

We're 3-1 and you KNOW we won't go anywhere with Fitz.  So you want Fitz benched.

This pretty much makes you anti-Fitz, though I understand you not wanting to be associated with the dim wits of the anti-Fitz crowd.

Bowles has said that the players performing best in practice are the ones who get on the field. With the luxury of the bye week, they should give Geno some starting reps - if for no other reason than to keep him sharp in case he's pressed into action. But if he is playing better than Fitz in practice...  

No one can say Fitz is not a smart QB-his background and resume speak for themselves. Does he have a howitzer or a great gun -no, is he going to try to do more than he is capable of doing-probably on a rare occasion but he will rarely lose a game because of his head. Geno on the other hand does have the stronger arm but his head is nowhere near that of Fitz-he has constantly shown a propensity for forcing the ball into bad spots at the wrong time, his timing is an atrocity-he may occasionally win a game but is just as likely to lose a game (define career backup). Despite the apparent physical talent he doesn't have a quarterback's head (not saying he is not bright ) but doesn't think like a leader. Have said it before and am saying it again -his college stats were inflated by having two first round draft choices at end. Stay with Fitz until he shows we cannot win with him.

Bowles has said that the players performing best in practice are the ones who get on the field. With the luxury of the bye week, they should give Geno some starting reps - if for no other reason than to keep him sharp in case he's pressed into action. But if he is playing better than Fitz in practice...  

.....He will continue to ride the pine until Fitz stops winning actual games rather than practice battles.  But nice little cliffhanger there, that was fun.

It's just nice to have a guy in the huddle who is a leader of men.

You can just see the confidence of the rest of the players grow - on both offense and defense - knowing that they have a legitimate chance to compete.

The last couple of years had to be tough on those guys.

It's like the flowers blossoming in Springtime.

If that was true Marcus Williams would be playing for Cro..

I agree with this.   Give Geno a few refs first team just in case.   

Threads topics like this (same subject just change the wording a little) ) makes one want to stay away during the bye week.

I stayed away most of last week because this place is an insane asylum when the Jets don't do well. 

During the good times its just simply delusional. As seen by '3-1, let's change the QB' threads. 

It's good for JN that everyone who thinks Geno should start also believes their point of view is so important it requires a whole new thread.

Whatever you chuckleheads need to do to keep busy while the Jets stack wins... so be it.

No doubt I'm enjoying 3-1.  Dreams of a week 7 battle for 1st in NE week 7.  Just want a QB  who can hang with Brady.  Will obviously root for whoever is under center though.

It's a team game.  We hammer Brady on D all game, we can absolutely hang with Brady even with Fitzpatrick.  And they don't have a Revis anymore to contend with Brandon Marshall.

I know its hard to be optimistic as a Jet fan, but we're playing too well as a team right now to be thinking we're not capable of taking down the Pats.

It's a team game.  We hammer Brady on D all game, we can absolutely hang with Brady even with Fitzpatrick.  And they don't have a Revis anymore to contend with Brandon Marshall.

I know its hard to be optimistic as a Jet fan, but we're playing too well as a team right now to be thinking we're not capable of taking down the Pats.

We came dam close twice last year with a terrible team..

Though I would like to see Geno get an opportunity, this is why he will probably not see such an opportunity after the bye. 

The most important thing over all else is W/L record. The Jets are 3-1

With Fitzpatrick under center we have our #1 receiver projected to record 1,600 yards and 12 TD's. Thats just insane. Brandon Marshall is off to his best season so far of his career believe it or not. 

Chris Ivory is projected to rush for 1,250 yards and 12 TD's even with missing the Eagles game at the quarter point. he's also off to his best season of his career.

Eric Decker as our #2 is projected to record over 700 yards and 12TD's with missing the Eagles game.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has limitations but to have a reliable rushing attack along with providing the ball well enough to have your top 2 WR's project out to those numbers...I simply doubt that Bowles will take the risk (and it is a risk) to make a change for a guy who doesnt have the status of "Franchise" and has a career that has shown that he can be a liability. Granted, I think Geno could work better than Fitz in this system, but Fitz is 3-1 and all Geno has is a healed jaw. 

Obviously this schedule will get a bit tougher than the Browns, Colts, Eagles and Fins. The next four games are Washington (better than browns), NE (better than Colts), Raiders (Better than Fins) and the Jags. These are all winnable games with the real challenge being NE. At the end of the day its really not about how I or anyone else feels about Fitzpatrick's "deep passes" or points being left on the board because at the end of the day those deep passes and missed point opportunities are not being exposed given the great play of our defense. 

Fitz has literally found himself in the best situation of his career. He has a running game, top passing targets and one of the best, if not the best defense in football. And again, its one thing to feel that a player has upside, but the risk of changing QB's after a 3-1 start  and the success of the offense as a group is what is probably going to secure Fitz. 

Geno messed up with that IK situation. I really think he may have blown an opportunity to change the mind of many of his doubters just with the amount of help that he would have had. 

But man, if only Fitz was able to hit the deep ball. This offense would really be sick. 

Brandon Marshall is the first Jets WR since Al Toon in 1988 to have three straight 100 yard games

Wow, I didn't realize that.  Nice!

It's got to be nice for the receivers, and the other players on offense, to know that they have a guy they can count on.

That all their hard work and preparation won't be flushed down the toilet in a matter of minutes.

It's like the first ray of sunshine poking through the clouds after a horrible storm.

Also seems like it hard to ask for an actual good offense from many fans. Don't fear it, embrace it.  Start Geno.

As bad as Fitz is (ugh) he still offers us a chance to win with this defense. We basically fell into a QB just basic enough to allow us to win. Geno really f-cked himself over. He lost his last chance to impress and Macc will probably trade him before his contract is up.

Archived