Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

what are they now after 4 weeks of being under Rex's innovative and strict disciplinary leadership? The only coach in NFL history that says home field crowd noise is bad for his defense lol I'm still laughing at that excuse. Pretty soon the players will buy into the sh*t talking and excuse making. What a great coach. But at least he's a Sabres fan, thank god. 

more excuses than a pregnant nun

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jeanie honey seriously? Are you smelling what the Rocks cooking? You can't be this naive. Is that you Rex? Or is it Max?

Some of the players mentioned it too.  However,  the other problem with the defense is getting comfortable with the new play schemes.  

Some of the players mentioned it too.  However,  the other problem with the defense is getting comfortable with the new play schemes.  

Feel bad for you, you have already crossed the event horizon of the Rex Ryan black hole of doom. not even light can escape. But luckily Stephen Hawking is right and once you get to the singularity you find a wormhole out of that mess. Just takes a few years.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/wp-content/uploads/Black-Hole-Regions-.jpg

Sorry Jeanie but that's horsesh*t and if you believe it, shame on you. All of the excuse making is sooo eerily similar to when he was here. It's absolutely hilarious. And actually now it's fun to point and laugh at him

what are they now after 4 weeks of being under Rex's innovative and strict disciplinary leadership? The only coach in NFL history that says home field crowd noise is bad for his defense lol I'm still laughing at that excuse. Pretty soon the players will buy into the sh*t talking and excuse making. What a great coach. But at least he's a Sabres fan, thank god. 

He didn't say that the noise was bad for his defense.  He said that the noise was a factor but encouraged the fans to keep it up.  My comment about being 4th in the NFL last year was a response to your derogatory comment about our d last year.  

He didn't say that the noise was bad for his defense.  He said that the noise was a factor but encouraged the fans to keep it up.  My comment about being 4th in the NFL last year was a response to your derogatory comment about our d last year.  

lights out is derogatory? Seriously? Do you know what naive means? Go look it up sweetie  :) 

Yeah,  I know what naive means.  Do you know what the phrase the glass is always empty means?  

Jeanie, I say the Bills defense was lights out last year (that means they were very very good). Please explain to me how that is a derogatory statement? Then I may believe you know what naive means. 

Jeanie, I say the Bills defense was lights out last year (that means they were very very good). Please explain to me how that is a derogatory statement? Then I may believe you know what naive means. 

I interpret lights out to mean time to go to sleep or die.

I think any fan gets truly excited when they hear there is hope.  I think our defense is having a hard time adapting to the d-schemes but I am not ready to write off our team or coach.  I will say that after Sunday's loss,  it's  been difficult to pick up and move forward.  It was easier to accept our loss to the Patriots.  Hope by Sunday,   this changes and I can look forward to a win.  The week after this,  we play the Bengals who are 4-0 right now.

Trust me when I tell you this-I don't want you to write Rex off. For the next 20 years I really hope you don't write him off. Very much in the same way I didn't want MIA to write off Wannstedt or Philbin. Please do t write him off jeaniec, defend him to your dying day. Convince the whole fanbase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me when I tell you this-I don't want you to write Rex off. For the next 20 years I really hope you don't write him off. Very much in the same way I didn't want MIA to write off Wannstedt or Philbin. Please do t write him off jeaniec, defend him to your dying day. Convince the whole fanbase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well,  it's only been 4 games and we won 2.  I think it's too early to write anyone off.  

I interpret lights out to mean time to go to sleep or die.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/21353/rex-ryan-marcus-mariota-wont-have-his-way-against-bills

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Despite losses to the New England Patriots and New York Giants, the Buffalo Bills' defense remains one of the stingiest in the NFL against opposing quarterbacks. Rex Ryan doesn't expect that to change against Tennessee Titans rookie Marcus Mariota this Sunday.

"I don’t think the kid's gonna have his way against us," Ryan said Wednesday. "I don’t think that’s gonna happen."

It's a fair statement. The Bills have held opposing quarterbacks to a 40.6 Total QBR this season, sixth-best in the NFL, while their 80.6 opposing quarterback rating is also sixth-best.

Opposing quarterbacks have also been held to a 57.3 percent completion rate (fifth-best) and to 6.34 yards per pass attempt (fourth-best).

Meanwhile, Mariota has been hot and cold in his first three NFL starts. He lit up the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 97.3 Total QBR in the opener, the fourth-best performance by any quarterback this season.

Mariota's Total QBR then plummeted to 29.7 in Week 2 before slightly rebounding to 38.8 in the Titans' loss before their bye week.

As is standard for any defense against any young quarterback, the Bills' goal is to confuse and disrupt Mariota as much as possible.

"With a young guy you want to go out there and try to surprise him as much as possible," linebacker Preston Brown said Wednesday. "Try to hit him, get him on the ground, get sacks, make him throw picks, get him nervous, get him anxious, get him out of his game.

"The older guys, you know, are composed, they’ve done it before so they come back but just try to get him off his game. But he seems like a composed young man so we’ll try to get at him."

You gotta love Rex's confidence :rl:

Bills defense finished 4th in the NFL in 2014

And with Rexs influence they're the 22nd ranked defense.  He made faces and joked that 3rd last year wasn't enough.  

But the Buffalo press is buying in, calling them one of the leagues stingiest D.  Ok, still believing the hype

And with Rexs influence they're the 22nd ranked defense.  He made faces and joked that 3rd last year wasn't enough.  

But the Buffalo press is buying in, calling them one of the leagues stingiest D.  Ok, still believing the hype

The players have raised their concern about the defense  play schemes.  The gist of the comments:  simple is better.  We are playing a 4-0 team (Bengals), a week from Sunday.  Let's see if we have a better handle on the play schemes and penalties.  

It's one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after another.  Rex has to get these guys under control if they are going to live up to the hype.  Loving how the AFC east is looking at the moment.

He couldn't do it here, what makes you think he possesses the ABILITY to get a team under control when he can't get himself under control. Guy is basically a cheerleader on the sidelines with his big fist pump after a FG. They are a penalty plagued team with a HC that is clueless and Pegula will realize his mistake soon enough.

The players have raised their concern about the defense  play schemes.  The gist of the comments:  simple is better.  We are playing a 4-0 team (Bengals), a week from Sunday.  Let's see if we have a better handle on the play schemes and penalties.  

This is like watching a movie we've already seen yelling at the girl not to go outside because the killer is hiding in the bushes but not being able to stop her

Faith

good strategy

This is like watching a movie we've already seen yelling at the girl not to go outside because the killer is hiding in the bushes but not being able to stop her

good strategy

I'm a firm believer that what you say is what you get.  

^THIS!

Rex NEVER changes.  He'll pretend to change for a while, he'll talk about the need to change endlessly to the press... BUT nothing changes.  Undisciplined, sloppy, disorganized, poorly conditioned..  these are the adjectives that fit a Rex coached team....  and always will be

Change would be admitting that the Rex way is wrong.

He couldn't do it here, what makes you think he possesses the ABILITY to get a team under control when he can't get himself under control. Guy is basically a cheerleader on the sidelines with his big fist pump after a FG. They are a penalty plagued team with a HC that is clueless and Pegula will realize his mistake soon enough.

Pegula owns truck stops.

Nothing against truckers, but Rex is likely the most polished person that hes ever met.

Yes.  What\s even funnier is that we will have all of our first line injured receivers back when we play the Jets.  Can't wait.  :)

thats in 5 weeks, l,ol

tyrod has been wrecksd'  he has been told "we win with defense and the running game, don't **** it up in the passing game"      don't tell me about crappy WR corps, we have signed guys off the streets and played them 3 days later. 

Archived