Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

thats in 5 weeks, l,ol

tyrod has been wrecksd'  he has been told "we win with defense and the running game, don't **** it up in the passing game"      don't tell me about crappy WR corps, we have signed guys off the streets and played them 3 days later. 

Tyrod wrecked?  That's pretty funny.  Oh yeah crappy  WR corps -  Sammy Watkins -  you've got to be kidding

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyrod wrecked?  That's pretty funny.  Oh yeah crappy  WR corps -  Sammy Watkins -  you've got to be kidding

I watched the Bills in a BILLS backers bar today in Charlotte NC, where many western NYers have moved.

Very impressive crowd...    bIlls fans are a passionate bunch.   

I watched the Bills in a BILLS backers bar today in Charlotte NC, where many western NYers have moved.

Very impressive crowd...    bIlls fans are a passionate bunch.   

i bet they had you backing the Bills (only kidding)..  Did you get to talk with any Bills fans?    Most are pretty friendly.  

End of game presser, Rex: "I love to see my defense on the field to end the game"

It's just a big middle finger every week to the offense. T minus 3 weeks until locker room feud between offense and defense

Strange. Taylor kneeled 3x to run out the clock, so it seems to me his offense was on the field to end the game. 

this game was won because of a couple of great runs by Taylor.  The one where he got that 3rd and 20 on 3rd down, though, was purely atrocious defensive thinking on Tennessee's part.  He will not run them to the playoffs.  Teams will account for him.  They may even knock his head off.

Bills are lucky to be able to draw the Bengals next week.  Last season, teams who faced the Seahawks tended to lose the week after.  At one point this streak was at 8 straight losses:  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24898525/nfl-teams-are-0-8-since-october-the-week-after-playing-the-seahawks

This year teams are 2-1, but I think the Bengals had to leave everything on the field last week.  I don't see them coming out firing on all cylinders against the Bills.

End of game presser, Rex: "I love to see my defense on the field to end the game"

It's just a big middle finger every week to the offense. T minus 3 weeks until locker room feud between offense and defense

This comment was no middle finger to our offense.     Our offense was 3 and out during the entire first half.  The Bills'  defense dominated clock time and held through the end.  They deserved the recognition.  

Strange. Taylor kneeled 3x to run out the clock, so it seems to me his offense was on the field to end the game. 

Chris Hogan and Tyrod Taylor were the only  offense players that showed up yesterday and they didn't do so until late in the game.  

Bills are lucky to be able to draw the Bengals next week.  Last season, teams who faced the Seahawks tended to lose the week after.  At one point this streak was at 8 straight losses:  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24898525/nfl-teams-are-0-8-since-october-the-week-after-playing-the-seahawks

This year teams are 2-1, but I think the Bengals had to leave everything on the field last week.  I don't see them coming out firing on all cylinders against the Bills.

That was last season.  It's a new day,  the Bengals are 5-0 and we (Bills) have our work cut out for us next game.  

This comment was no middle finger to our offense.     Our offense was 3 and out during the entire first half.  The Bills'  defense dominated clock time and held through the end.  They deserved the recognition.  

Just wait to see what all this "recognizing the defense" wroughts in the locker room around week 8

Jeanie...they always are. As you and your fellow Bills fans will soon realize, it's what he does before and during the game that will start to scare the crap out of you.

I had pretty high hopes for our team this season.  I haven't given up (by no means) but have come to a point where it's game by game with no big expectations.  The Giants game really knocked the wind out of my sails.  I'm glad we had a win yesterday but wasn't thrilled with the game overall.  Now on to play the Bengals,  a 5&0 team.  It's been rough over the last few weeks.

Chris Hogan and Tyrod Taylor were the only  offense players that showed up yesterday and they didn't do so until late in the game.  

Hardly relevant. To end the game, the offense was on the field. 

Also the reason for the eye-rolling is no one should desire the win coming this way. One should want a blowout; even if the defense is taking care of business it wouldn't matter because the offense is crushing it. So the reason for the mocking is his prideful happiness that his defense won the game for them (or was on the field at the end; same difference). He should be at least somewhat unhappy that they squeaked this one out because it's another game where few points were put on the board. But winning this way he was on cloud 9.

So that's where the critique is coming from. The defense being the hero, while the offense and/or specials is the (relative) villain, should not make the HC happy because it means at least half the team sucked. Just like an offensive-minded coach shouldn't be giddy that his offense needed to put up 40 points so they could win 40-37. Better to say nothing other than something to the effect of "happy with the win rather than a loss, of course, and we did some things well, but clearly there's a lot of things we still need to work on this week," and leave it at that. No need to gush over half the team when the other half didn't do its job; it's one team. Or put another way, the idea is that as happy as he is with the D, he should be equally unhappy with the offense, and temper the podium giddiness accordingly. Otherwise it can easily be inferred that he's not concerned about the (offensive) half of the team that isn't clicking, so long as the defense is.

Hardly relevant. To end the game, the offense was on the field. 

Also the reason for the eye-rolling is no one should desire the win coming this way. One should want a blowout; even if the defense is taking care of business it wouldn't matter because the offense is crushing it. So the reason for the mocking is his prideful happiness that his defense won the game for them (or was on the field at the end; same difference). He should be at least somewhat unhappy that they squeaked this one out because it's another game where few points were put on the board. But winning this way he was on cloud 9.

So that's where the critique is coming from. The defense being the hero, while the offense and/or specials is the (relative) villain, should not make the HC happy because it means at least half the team sucked. Just like an offensive-minded coach shouldn't be giddy that his offense needed to put up 40 points so they could win 40-37. Better to say nothing other than something to the effect of "happy with the win rather than a loss, of course, and we did some things well, but clearly there's a lot of things we still need to work on this week," and leave it at that. No need to gush over half the team when the other half didn't do its job; it's one team. Or put another way, the idea is that as happy as he is with the D, he should be equally unhappy with the offense, and temper the podium giddiness accordingly. Otherwise it can easily be inferred that he's not concerned about the (offensive) half of the team that isn't clicking, so long as the defense is.

IDK Sperm.  I got a different view (than yours) on Rex's post game interview.  Yes,  he was glad to have a win but I didn't get the impression that he was happy with how the game was played and neither was I.  As mentioned earlier,  the offense was 3 and out during the first half.  We squeezed by a,  too put it mildly,  a lousy team and the only players in the offense yesterday were Tyrod Taylor and Chris Hogan.  Pretty depressing day (yesterday) after coming off a loss last week.  And now,  we face a 5-0 team.

IDK Sperm.  I got a different view (than yours) on Rex's post game interview.  Yes,  he was glad to have a win but I didn't get the impression that he was happy with how the game was played and neither was I.  As mentioned earlier,  the offense was 3 and out during the first half.  We squeezed by a,  too put it mildly,  a lousy team and the only players in the offense yesterday were Tyrod Taylor and Chris Hogan.  Pretty depressing day (yesterday) after coming off a loss last week.  And now,  we face a 5-0 team.

I'm just pointing out what he said, which is more or less he was glad the D won the game for them. You have to admit it's a strange thing for him to be happy about, as opposed to just being happy, after a nail biter where a lot didn't go right, they still won.

I'm just pointing out what he said, which is more or less he was glad the D won the game for them. You have to admit it's a strange thing for him to be happy about, as opposed to just being happy, after a nail biter where a lot didn't go right, they still won.

I just listened to his post game interview again and didn't hear where he said the D won the game.   I don't think a lot of fans were excited that we won yesterday.  It was one of those games where we were glad to win it.  It was not a good game for us; especially in the first half.  

I just listened to his post game interview again and didn't hear where he said the D won the game.   I don't think a lot of fans were excited that we won yesterday.  It was one of those games where we were glad to win it.  It was not a good game for us; especially in the first half.  

If you listened closely enough, at the 4 minute mark you can faintly hear I bury Doug. 

Bills signed S Josh Bush.

He takes the roster spot of SS Aaron Williams, who was placed on I.R.-designated for return with a neck injury. Bush will pitch in on special teams if active.

Oh hey, just Rex bringing in yet another one of the horrible players that one of his dastardly GMs supplied him with... the "Rex had nothing to do with the roster" narrative crumbles more and more daily. 

Oh hey, just Rex bringing in yet another one of the horrible players that one of his dastardly GMs supplied him with... the "Rex had nothing to do with the roster" narrative crumbles more and more daily. 

IDK Integrity, there's not much available right now.

IDK Integrity, there's not much available right now.

You're missing the point ... If Rex was doomed by the players given to him by his divisive, sh*tty, bean-counter GM's, then why does he keep seeking out the players that they "sabotaged" him with. For 6 years we listened to an ill-informed horde of Rex Ryan excuse-makers argue... wait for it... that it is not the job of the Head Coach to have input on the roster. These excuse makers spent countless amounts of time trying to defy what any casual football fan should consider the givens of the HC role.

Why? 

Because they couldn't stand the thought of being unhappy with the cool uncle. 

Don't be them.

Archived