Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

Yes, Rex seems to have brought the circus with him..Lack of discipline, media leaks, too much talk from the players...we've all seen that story before...

But with the talent on that team they're going to beat the bad teams in this league...And this year there are a lot of them.

It's pretty clear that are guys are REALLY frustrated.  Until last week,  Sammy Watkins had nothing but positive comments about the team.  His interview about his frustration was totally out of character for him.  Same holds true for Mario Williams.  To Rex's credit,  he did say that they need work on the defense.  I hope they go back to 4-3

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mods should just set up a permanent Rex thread for the season and be done with it.  He's like a bad rash that isn't going to disappear...

The week 4 edition is in full throttle as we approach week 7...

Me kinda thinka that is what this is.  Too lazy to change week to week.

Time is really on our  (the Bills)  side right now.  We should be able to beat the Jags.  Then we have a bi-week.  When we return,  we should have most of our injured players back and also have time to fix our defense.  I think Rex heard loud and clear that something needs to be done with the defense.  Jim Kelly ( a good friend of Rex) even spoke up about this in a Buffalo News article today.

I am not sure that Rex's record is awesome after a bye week. As I recall it, it was usually the worst week to be a Jets fan. I could be mistaking though.

LOL. Is this serious? If we lose to the Pats we stink? Give me a break. Bill's fans, jeez.

Didn't imply that at all.  There is a lot of criticism for the Bills being 3&3.  We've lost against two teams that are undefeated but still taking the blows for our losses.  What I am saying is that you now have to face an undefeated team.  Let's see how it goes.

Didn't imply that at all.  There is a lot of criticism for the Bills being 3&3.  We've lost against two teams that are undefeated but still taking the blows for our losses.  What I am saying is that you now have to face an undefeated team.  Let's see how it goes.

It's not the losses but the constant whining. You also overpaid for Shady and trading a 1st rounder to move up and get Watkins rather than keeping your pick and drafting Beckham Jr. was simply stupid. 

I am not sure that Rex's record is awesome after a bye week. As I recall it, it was usually the worst week to be a Jets fan. I could be mistaking though.

No,  you're right. However,   I think Rex has been humbled. I think he knows it's time to put up and shut up.  I just finished reading an article where Rex talks about the negativity in Buffalo right now. In so many words,  he talks about it being a plus to be in London and away from the talk.  He also talks about the work that has to be done this week.  

It's not the losses but the constant whining. You also overpaid for Shady and trading a 1st rounder to move up and get Watkins rather than keeping your pick and drafting Beckham Jr. was simply stupid. 

Whining?  Site some examples.  It seems like every time one of our players or coach opens their mouth,  it's construed as whining.  

Whining?  Site some examples.  It seems like every time one of our players or coach opens their mouth,  it's construed as whining.  

Mario Williams - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000560221/article/mario-williams-sounds-off-on-bills-defensive-scheme

Sammy Watkins - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25341276/sammy-watkins-to-bills-youre-making-me-look-bad-target-me-more

What would you call it? 

I think a lot of the machismo was lost after the home loss to NE

They are not whining,  they're telling the truth.  Rex needs to fix our defense.  And,  Sammy proved that he is a valuable asset to our team.  Just on Sunday,  he caught 4 out of 5 plays for 48 yards and ran a 22 yard touch down.  Facts are not whining IMO

They are not whining,  they're telling the truth.  Rex needs to fix our defense.  And,  Sammy proved that he is a valuable asset to our team.  Just on Sunday,  he caught 4 out of 5 plays for 48 yards and ran a 22 yard touch down.  Facts are not whining IMO

But why say it in the press and not behind closed doors? It looks bad. At least to me anyway. 

For me cheating has to offer some "benefit." I'll give you spygate. Deflategate, ZERO benefit, and since the Wells report proved nothing, and several of the Colts balls were also under weight, I'd call that a wash. AND since Brady's numbers are through the roof playing with "regulation" balls, I'm passed that. And since all cold weather, outdoor teams who prefer 12.5 PSI are instantly "illegal" when the balls hit the cold air.... well, let's just say deflategate was the biggest non-story, biggest waste of money by any organization (NFL) I've ever seen. What I want to know is why the NFL allows illegal balls in cold weather! Balls should NEVER be set at 12.5 PSI during cold, outdoor games, since they instantly become illegal, unless refs running around with pumps keeping them pumped up between drives.

That's all I will discuss on cheating. You have spygate. Everything else are just things that you keep rattling in your mind, and that stuff really doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Oh, and just to save you the argument, low PSI for fumbles... the Patriots right now are top 5 in fewest team fumbles, so I guess that theory goes out the window too.

We're on to.... Foxboro!!!!!!!!

What?  What? Can;t here you Im getting Patriot play by play in my headset. 

- Mike Tomlin

What?  What? Can;t here you Im getting Patriot play by play in my headset. 

- Mike Tomlin

Why didn't he complain about the clock issue? Tomlin is one weird dude. Especially when he interfered with Jones and the Ravens. I actually think he is a good coach just an odd person.

Why didn't he complain about the clock issue? Tomlin is one weird dude. Especially when he interfered with Jones and the Ravens. I actually think he is a good coach just an odd person.

Pretty sure it's common knowledge the NFL runs the clocks.  Actually that shouldn't make anybody feel better. 

But why say it in the press and not behind closed doors? It looks bad. At least to me anyway. 

I do agree that taking their complaints to the media looks bad.  I have a feeling that Sammy and Mario have addressed their complaints behind closed doors and nothing was done.  Maybe they believe that taking it to the media will get some results. I  think it  worked,  at least in Watkins case.   However,  I was really surprised to listen to Sammy complain.  He does interviews often and is always so positive and team-orientated.

Fixed

Exactly!!!!!

At 3-3, day spa camp leading to injuries, team turning into a circus, inside fighting, an undisciplined team, media starting to turn, booed at home and Rex being Rex I would probably say the same thing. 

No,  you're right. However,   I think Rex has been humbled. I think he knows it's time to put up and shut up.  I just finished reading an article where Rex talks about the negativity in Buffalo right now. In so many words,  he talks about it being a plus to be in London and away from the talk.  He also talks about the work that has to be done this week.  

Haha Rex knows it's time to shut up HAHAHAHA. Thanks Jeanie I needed that laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But think of how much closer he is to Dave and Busters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I just disagreed with the premise that we the Jets are measured solely on this game.

I didn't say they were measured by one game.   The Jets schedule hasn't been difficult until now.  The Bills are being criticized for losing to 2 undefeated teams.  The Jets will have a chance to play their first undefeated team Sunday.  Let's see how they do.

Archived