Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

Yes because that's what is most important.  Turning a game into a scrum rather than winning the game.

Rex Ryan will NEVER get it. The Bills have talent and if they had any brains they would have went balls to the wall to hire a young up coming Coach like Bowles, Quinn or Shanahan.  Instead they bring in Rex after 4 consecutive non playoff seasons.  Say what you want; Rex is a heck of a Salesman.  

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half of the penalty yards we had came on three or 4 PI penalties which can be argued if they were truly legit

True but all the other penalties resulted in them having a 1st down. We need to be more disciplined ourselves is what I'm trying to say. If it wasn't for such a great start, the outcome of the game could have been different. 

Here is a post from a BILLS site.....LMAO

Rex is a fraud. He sold the Pegula's a sack of shlt and now we are stuck with this dick head. Players coach=can't control these idiots. Dennis Thurman is too dumb to coordinate in the NFL, period but Rex loves him because he is a puppet.

After 17 accepted penalties many of which were unsportsmanlike and personal fouls Rex said this:

“I’m proud of the way this team played,” Ryan said in his postgame press conference. “Can we play a lot smarter? Absolutely. But I’ll take a team that’ll fight over a team that will sit back and take it every day of the week and bring on the next team. Give me a team that’s got some fight and will compete to the very end right, wrong or indifferent no matter how good the officiating is or whatever.”

Ryan said that reporters were free to write what they want, but that “the real deal” wasn’t that the Bills are an undisciplined team.

Holy hell, so glad the buffoon is gone. So sorry for Bills fans.

I don't feel sorry for Bills fans at all.

I like being right.

I don't feel sorry for Bills fans at all.

I like being right.

It's what they get for buying in.  You would think after watching the Bills stomp on the Rex Ryan-led Jets the last few times before he got fired they'd have realized right then what a bad hire they were making.

It's what they get for buying in.  You would think after watching the Bills stomp on the Rex Ryan-led Jets the last few times before he got fired they'd have realized right then what a bad hire they were making.

Yup.

It's also what they get for putting the entire culture and history of their franchise on a silver platter for him, the ex-coach of the rival Jets, and not making him earn it... ironically.

So far, the defense is much worse than it was last year. They broke the franchise record for yards allowed or whatever it was against the Pats, today they tied a mark for penalty yards in a game... it's ******* great.

from a Buffalo fan site...

Rex is a fraud. He sold the Pegula's a sack of shlt and now we are stuck with this dick head. Players coach=can't control these idiots. Dennis Thurman is too dumb to coordinate in the NFL, period but Rex loves him because he is a puppet.

Wow, they catch on quick up there.

Took us a couple of years to figure that out.

from a Buffalo fan site...

I give the Bills fans credit, they figured it out about 5 years faster than most Jet fans.

This made me laugh. I'm loving how everything is unfolding so far

Yup.

It's also what they get for putting the entire culture and history of their franchise on a silver platter for him, the ex-coach of the rival Jets, and not making him earn it... ironically.

So far, the defense is much worse than it was last year. They broke the franchise record for yards allowed or whatever it was against the Pats, today they tied a mark for penalty yards in a game... it's ******* great.

The bolded part is especially telling since when Rex was hired he actually INSULTED the previous DC by saying the defense UNDERPERFORMED and that he was embarrassed by their performance last year and that under him the defense would improve and be NUMBER 1.

He lost a lot of big boy points from me when he said that stuff. 

It was bush league and something a professional coach in the NFL should NEVER DO!!!

was that poster's name Savage79?

How about this Bills" fan take on things:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Horribly undisciplined team: 17 penalties is inexcusable, especially since it continues a weekly trend. Unfortunately this is the hallmark of Rex Ryan teams. And you can tell it by his defensive, dismissive tone in his presser.  This team will beat up on bad teams and get beat by smart teams until Rex and his disorganized, blowhard style of football is shown the door.

Yup.

that D has completely regressed , just like you , me and a lot of us here said it would....I'm loving every minute of it.

I feel embarrassed by Rex's words.  After all, he did make the Jets winners when he first got to the Jets, and did bring us to two consecutive AFC Championship games.  But I feel that Rex's ability to lead the Jets waned in the last two years, and I was in favor of moving on from him.  Buffalo hiring him as their head coach is perplexing to me, since they should of seen what the Jets saw in the end.

We didn't know this in 2009, but we know it now. While he might be a good defensive coach, Ryan has no idea how offense works and doesn't much care. Taylor was only good until other defenses got some tape on him. Now he's  clearly worthless, a shot in the dark, not a real NFL QB. And they gave away Cassel, a servicable backup, for what, a case of beer and few rolls of tape. 

Worse, details and discipline can be the difference between a good team and a bad one. This is totally lost on Ryan. And bigger now that everyone in the NFL knows,a s they knew his last 2 years here; opponents depend on Ryan's teams to give away the game . It's why the Jints could back off a bit today,and  why the Pats or Peyton Manning can seem to have been in a close game with our Jets . The point differentials are deceiving. But not really. it's a mirage. Ryan's whole dumbs macho image is a complete fraud, the phoniest tough guy in NFL history . 

It's gonna end badly, again.

I love that our team got completely jobbed by the officials and our coach said we have to get better. No excuses. Don't give them a borderline call and you won't have to worry. No BS about fighting and rather having a team that fights than wins. He wants a team that wins however we have to win no excuses.

Archived