Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

@jeaniec what's your opinion on how the Bills are playing this year as compared to last year?

Above and beyond the penalties,  we are a much better team this year.  Our offense is much better (love Greg Roman, OC) and we still have a strong defense.   Resolving the issues with penalties is a MUST for us to succeed.  If we were better disciplined in the Patriots and NY Giants' games,  I think we would be 4 - 0 right now.  

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the difference with Rex and almost every other coach. If they beat the Jets it'll look like they won the SB. I wouldn't be surprised if they Gatorade the guy. If we win, it's just another mid season game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK Snell41:  I think a good lesson was learned after the Patriots game.  Both fans and others are much more subdued.  Personally,  I don't like and will not participate in any of the boasting that goes on prior to games.  I prefer to sit back, wait to see what happens.  And,  if we win,  then of course I am happy but still not boastful.

How do you support a coach that in his opening presser boasts to the nth degree and disses former coaches in the same breath?  Rex is all about this, he tells his players they are the greatest before they prove anything at all.  You guys should have seen this coming.

This one is my fav considering that; the last two years he was here the Jets set a record for creating the fewest turnovers of any nfl team over a two year period.  He darn near ruined our rookie safety by telling him starting with the phone call on draft day that he was the hammer and was supposed to knock the hell out of everything.  Now Pryor still has a ways to go but he has looked much better at times this year than last when he was running full speed and taking bad angles all year trying to get big shots.

Re Bufflo fans, they had the advantage of hearing his bluster in New York and being told by some of us to expect the clown show.

Through week 4,  Total defense, Jets 2nd, Bills 22nd  Pass defense Jets 2nd, Bills 29th, points against Jets 1, Buffalo 17th

Too be fair, they gave up about 500 yards and 4 or 5 Tds to the Pats who have been blowing up everybody so far.  Lets see how we do against the Pats.  Of course I thoroughly enjoyed watching Rex get his ass handed to him that game after all the chirping the Bills did that week.

How do you support a coach that in his opening presser boasts to the nth degree and disses former coaches in the same breath?  Rex is all about this, he tells his players they are the greatest before they prove anything at all.  You guys should have seen this coming.

I saw this coming before the Patriots game.  We did a better job (in terms of penalties) against Miami (had 5 that game).  I was a little surprised about the penalties yesterday.  I hope someone,  within the organization,   lays the hammer down.

Too be fair, they gave up about 500 yards and 4 or 5 Tds to the Pats who have been blowing up everybody so far.  Lets see how we do against the Pats D.  Of course I thoroughly enjoyed watching Rex get his ass handed to him that game after all the chirping the Bills did that week.

It was the fans more than Ryan that were chirping that week.  Personally,  I didn't like it.  

Above and beyond the penalties,  we are a much better team this year.  Our offense is much better (love Greg Roman, OC) and we still have a strong defense.   Resolving the issues with penalties is a MUST for us to succeed.  If we were better disciplined in the Patriots and NY Giants' games,  I think we would be 4 - 0 right now.  

If my Aunt had testicles she would be my Uncle; see where I'm going with this? 

It was the fans more than Ryan that were chirping that week.  Personally,  I didn't like it.  

That is where the HC comes in and tells the players to knock it off.  The fact that Rex lets his players run off at the mouth is a direct reflection on the overall environment he creates.  I don't recall them doing this under Marrone. 

That is where the HC comes in and tells the players to knock it off.  The fact that Rex lets his players run off at the mouth is a direct reflection on the overall environment he creates.  I don't recall them doing this under Marrone. 

It was more the fans than anyone else.  They were totally out of control.  It reminded me of SB week back in the 90's.

If my Aunt had testicles she would be my Uncle; see where I'm going with this? 

Yes but it's the truth.  Geez,  if they have to,  let them take anger management classes (at least for the unsportmanslike conduct).  They're getting paid to do a job  and they need to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

It was more the fans than anyone else.  They were totally out of control.  It reminded me of SB week back in the 90's.

Other teams often use bulletin board material from fans. It irks players oh so much when, Burger King team lead, Jean Mcwhoareyou says that the "Patriots do not play fair". Irks the hell out of them

Other teams often use bulletin board material from fans. It irks players oh so much when, Burger King team lead, Jean Mcwhoareyou says that the "Patriots do not play fair". Irks the hell out of them

I know.  There was a bulletin board about Brady here during the week before the game.  I just don't like it.  I

I know.  There was a bulletin board about Brady here during the week before the game.  I just don't like it.  I

I heard that Tom Brady tries to create 200 new follows each week on his twitter account, of a fan base that they play that week. Then he reads the tweets in the locker room. Or, someone reads for him.

I heard that Tom Brady tries to create 200 new follows each week on his twitter account, of a fan base that they play that week. Then he reads the tweets in the locker room. Or, someone reads for him.

As much as I don't like to give any credit to the Patriots,  I have to admit that this is a pretty smart move on Brady's part.  It probably gives him the incentive to get out and beat the team's butt.

IDK Snell41:  I think a good lesson was learned after the Patriots game.  Both fans and others are much more subdued.  Personally,  I don't like and will not participate in any of the boasting that goes on prior to games.  I prefer to sit back, wait to see what happens.  And,  if we win,  then of course I am happy but still not boastful.

You can't possibly believe Rex learns lessons can you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but it's the truth.  Geez,  if they have to,  let them take anger management classes (at least for the unsportmanslike conduct).  They're getting paid to do a job  and they need to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

This is an example of sending a message to the team.  I think you guys have 2 main culprits on defense that can't contain themselves.  In the best interest of sending a message to the team he probably shouldn't have them practice and send them home for a day or 2 or maybe even sit them out one game.

Rex won't do this though because he puts talent above all else.  If he could fix even this one item in his coaching toolbox he could command so much more respect.  He always waits until the effectiveness of the punishment basically doesn't matter before laying out any punishment.  

Jeanie, if you hear anything from Rex talking about the whole org doing push ups in practice to "fix" the penalty issues, you better start rioting lol

Honestly, Rex doesn't intimidate or scare me at all.  The Bills defense was already what it was, pretty dominant.  Might be a bit sloppier under Ryan but its still dangerous.  Greg Roman is who scares me.  I like him as an OC alot and am very curious for the Bills/Jets game to see how we stop the offense.  The defense is so easy to beat, Pats and Gmen did the same exact thing, we just need Fitz to do it as well.  Get the ball out under 2 seconds and you beat the Bills.

Really? Have you ever heard of Bill Bellicheck, Pete Carroll, Mike Tomlin, Jim or John Harbaugh, to just name a few good head coaches?  When is the last time you saw one of their teams have that sort of melt down?  Stop making excuses and please give a rest with the "ever play the game" bullsh*t. lol, you have got to be kidding.

What are you talking about? Making excuses for what or whom? I was bashing Rex not defending him. I'm guessing you never played organized football. It's cool though make an ass of yourself.

I saw this coming before the Patriots game.  We did a better job (in terms of penalties) against Miami (had 5 that game).  I was a little surprised about the penalties yesterday.  I hope someone,  within the organization,   lays the hammer down.

Rex IS the organization now Jeanie...nobody's laying any hammer down.

Well here is a touchdown call by one of the fair and reasonable refs yesterday.  Think maybe the calls were just a little unbalanced.  Not saying we didn't deserve most but it was pretty clear where these refs.  loyalties lied.

giants touchdown.jpg

How about the ruling where the officials stated that Tyrod Taylor threw the ball past the line of scrimmage when he was clearly behind the line of scrimmage ?  I watched that over like 5x and still didn't understand what the hell they were talking about.  

The Giants get so unwarranted many calls it's ridiculous.

This is an example of sending a message to the team.  I think you guys have 2 main culprits on defense that can't contain themselves.  In the best interest of sending a message to the team he probably shouldn't have them practice and send them home for a day or 2 or maybe even sit them out one game.

Rex won't do this though because he puts talent above all else.  If he could fix even this one item in his coaching toolbox he could command so much more respect.  He always waits until the effectiveness of the punishment basically doesn't matter before laying out any punishment.  

Jeanie, if you hear anything from Rex talking about the whole org doing push ups in practice to "fix" the penalty issues, you better start rioting lol

Honestly, Rex doesn't intimidate or scare me at all.  The Bills defense was already what it was, pretty dominant.  Might be a bit sloppier under Ryan but its still dangerous.  Greg Roman is who scares me.  I like him as an OC alot and am very curious for the Bills/Jets game to see how we stop the offense.  The defense is so easy to beat, Pats and Gmen did the same exact thing, we just need Fitz to do it as well.  Get the ball out under 2 seconds and you beat the Bills.

" Get the ball out under 2 seconds and you beat the Bills."

I don't know if the Bills will win but I am certain that our defense can stop Fitz or Geno.  Although we lost to the Patriots,  our defense wasn't a disgrace.

How about the ruling where the officials stated that Tyrod Taylor threw the ball past the line of scrimmage when he was clearly behind the line of scrimmage ?  I watched that over like 5x and still didn't understand what the hell they were talking about.  

The Giants get so unwarranted many calls it's ridiculous.

I think Buffalo will keep getting the cheap shots by the refs.  That's why it's so important that we clean our act up and avoid  penalties that we truly deserve.  

Archived