Post Game Speech

KRL

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowles is known to go nuts, throwing chairs and knocking over whiteboards at halftimes during some Cardinals games.  He keeps it all in house.

Really!?

I can't picture that at all.

If that's the case, cool.  I like that he keeps it in house.

His lack of intensity is a concern to me.

He is prepared, and is a good X's and O's guy.

But, he's a little too laid back.

For all the bellowing and bloviating that the last regime did, I'm all for nuanced calm. 3-1 is exciting, sure. A win against a rival on the road is big time. There are bigger goals in that locker room, and I'm glad Bowles isn't out there yelling about it. 

Even tho some were BS it was good to hear him addressing the penalties ... & agreed, you take that away & it was sheer domination!

think 2 were called on the RT, funny he was in frame for that as well in Bowles's speech, lol

nice win today fellas !!!

I get the sense the team really respects him and it looks like he is a disciplinarian as they seem to stay in line around him.

If that was Rex's speech, the players would be talking over him and eating cheeseburgers.

I think Bowles is sneaky smart and that's what we need.  And I'm glad he's not big on drama.

He gets down to business and has a no nonsense style.

So far it's working.  

Those calls were ticky tack bullsh*t! Like someone else here had said, another example of the NFL trying to keep a game interesting! Of course Bowles can't say it but he knows it inside. He's more concerned about presnap penalties & he's got to be concerned with our freaking punt coverage. My god, on one punt our gunners were no where to be found? I don't know why he's afraid of Walter Powell but he's got way more explosion than Kerley or Stacey.

My god, that game was total domination & here we were sweating out the last 8/9 minutes because of these freaking hack refs & f*cking Cromarty losing interest in playing for spurts. We had 3 PI calls that were 90 yards of the Fins offense. 

We win and he's holding them accountable for inexcusable mistakes. I'm almost fully hard seeing a culture of accountability being cultivated here after 6 years of the Ryan circus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a video of his first win as a HC in Miami. The first thing he does is let out an excited yell. Just to give everyone the opportunity to see what that actually sounds like. I'm sure Todd Bowles is very different behind the closed doors than he is for the media. It looks like he simply gives the media absolutely nothing to chew on.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Coach-Todd-Bowles-Locker-Room-Speech/eb7f02d2-c7d4-4bf7-a9b4-48b08712b0f8

if Rex was coaching this team in London, you know they would have been out sight seeing all 2 days, doing god knows what - but definitely not preparing.

by all accounts Bowles had this team completely understanding this was a business trip.  the players can afford to goto London in the off season to sight see. 

What I like about this guy is that he seems to really understand this team has a long way to go.  Still a lot of room for improvement and winning games isn't enough - they have to keep getting better.

In the game day programme, there was a great quote from Bowles, about how he isn't satisfied by anything other than wins. He doesn't care if they did their best, played their hardest and lost. Results are all that matters. So yes, the above is 100% consistent with that approach. He'll never proclaim the team as having succeeded until they win the Superbowl.

Quite a contrast from what we've been used to for the past several years (and what Buffalo are enjoying now). :)

This is what I like about him.  These arent high school kids. This is a business and he treats it as such.

There is a difference between busines-like and laid back.

I like business-like.

He is very laid back in this speech. Almost goofy. Like he just smoked a doob or something.

Here is a video of his first win as a HC in Miami. The first thing he does is let out an excited yell. Just to give everyone the opportunity to see what that actually sounds like. I'm sure Todd Bowles is very different behind the closed doors than he is for the media. It looks like he simply gives the media absolutely nothing to chew on.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Coach-Todd-Bowles-Locker-Room-Speech/eb7f02d2-c7d4-4bf7-a9b4-48b08712b0f8

Seemed very subdued even giving his "excited" war victory yell. I'm not an analyst but it seems are 2 likely reasons people are this subdued when the focus of a room is on them.

One, the person is in complete control. He is a puppeteer, and the puppeteer does not act and perform for the entertainment of the puppets. He knows (or thinks he knows) he is the master, and he exudes this through confidence in his own competence, rather than through being the loudest to hide his lack of it. 

Two, it is the opposite (of sorts). As in a lack of confidence; or in a word, he's just shy in this regard. That public speaking is far from where he's most comfortable (that comfort level being more direct, personal interaction with an individual or small number of individuals, rather than a sea of faces in a crowd of relative strangers). 

There's a third, which I don't believe applies to Bowles, but is theoretically possible. That he's quiet because he's a fraud, knows he's a fraud, and is smart enough to want to conceal this fraud-ness from others, lest they discover it. The less he says, the less likely (or less quickly) he will be outed as the charlatan he is. Too many players speak too well of Bowles, and too many other coaches have proudly associated with him and promoted him from within, for me to believe he's just a quiet fraud who's smart enough to conceal it by following the Mark Twain (?) rule of "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." I could follow this rule myself sometimes, as could a good many others here. :)

I honestly don't know which (of the first two) it is with Bowles because, like everyone else here, I've only seen what he has allowed us to see. We all want to believe it's the first,  and some will surely project this desire as knowledge, since it seems to be the more naturally flattering of the two. The truth, though, is he can be a great HC and put together a winner no matter which of those first 2 reasons applies to him. Being naturally shy in front of a crowd - if this even applies to him - in no way infers any lack of intelligence or any confidence in himself as a coach. 

It's interesting (to me), but in the end it's not important which, so long as he commands the respect of the team. He certainly seems to have that.

There is a difference between busines-like and laid back.

I like business-like.

He is very laid back in this speech. Almost goofy. Like he just smoked a doob or something.

nah, u r reaching or are never happy, one or other or both. 3-1 , be happy

Archived