Philbin fired

lawyers guns and money

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why does Tanny still have a job?  So much of their problems are linked to horrible personnel decisions.  Bringing in Suh?  Extending Tannehill?  Not addressing glaring weaknesses at multiple offensive positions? 

i don't even think those are very high problems for this franchise (problems sure but now I think you see the bigger issues).  I think you can really see now in hindsight just how bad the leadership/management of this organization has been for quite some time now.  There is too much talent on that team to be playing the way they playing.  The only bigger mess is the Detroit Lions.

As a Jets fan myself I agree lol

In all seriousness it's about time Miami moved on.....will be interesting to see who Tannenbaum brings in to coach this team once this season is over (assuming they just promote a coordinator to take over for the rest of 2015).

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Mangini in 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Bowles, Dan Quinn, & Jason Garrett have all been on the Coaching staff in the last 10 years.

lmfao... nice

Rumor had it that Tanny wanted Quinn this pre-season too... but they kept Philbin just to fire him right away I guess. 

Quinn has done a terrific job in ATL. Most specifically, hiring Shanny and the aggressive rebuild they did on that OL has changed everything for that team. The defense is more aggressive, but not great, but that OL is dictating games and really just got cobbled together.

Imagine what Bowles and Gailey could be doing with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones on this roster.... damn.

This upcoming hire is going to be their 8th coach this millenium. 8th!

We've had 5. Is that so much better??? We should have had more if we had not rode the Rex train 3 years too long.

Jets fans can talk trash about other teams who can't find a coach or QB.

We've had 5. Is that so much better??? We should have had more if we had not rode the Rex train 3 years too long.

Jets fans can talk trash about other teams who can't find a coach or QB.

As I noted before, we're the second most stable franchise in the division.

I was just thinking about the Suh contract.

I need to do so research on this, but I think the one common denominator among teams that give huge contracts to defensive linemen is that they all suck.

Suh, Mario Williams, Albert Haynesworth, Javon Kearse, even JJ Watt.

The teams that signed them all suck.

They'll get a very long look at their interim head coach. If they want to hire someone else after the season, they have to sell that coach on Tannehill and Suh, who aren't going anywhere. Tanny will throw money at the problem, though, we know that. 

I think the coach sucked, but the problem is bigger than that.  Extending Tanehill wasn't a problem; he is likely a top 15 QB on the right team, and if we had him we would likely be a playoff contender.  Suh, well that is another story - a lot of money for a malcontent. But, IMO, the FO and ownership is a joke.  Selling parts of the team to stars, can't fill the stadium, etc.  So, what quality coach is going to want to go there?

Yes, it is one of the only 32 HC jobs out there.  So, someone will take the job.  But consider this, had they fired Philbin at the end of the last year when they should have, and they offered the gig to Bowels and Quinn, would either of them take it over the jobs they did take.  Yeah, I know that our FO was messed up, but Woody is a better owner, they have great fan support, and the consultants we hired did a great job.  Atlanta is a way better situation.

It is like coaching for the Redskins; yeah, if want a chance to break into HC or want a chance to try again, you will take the job if you have nothing else, but do you want to play for Snyder?  I think getting rid of Philbin was a good first step, but I wouldn't worry too much about the Dolphins juggernaut quite yet.

lmfao... nice

Rumor had it that Tanny wanted Quinn this pre-season too... but they kept Philbin just to fire him right away I guess. 

Quinn has done a terrific job in ATL. Most specifically, hiring Shanny and the aggressive rebuild they did on that OL has changed everything for that team. The defense is more aggressive, but not great, but that OL is dictating games and really just got cobbled together.

Imagine what Bowles and Gailey could be doing with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones on this roster.... damn.

I was pretty high on Devonta Freeman in his draft year, went in the 4th round just before our great Jalen Saunders pick.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”  

Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback...Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/sources-say-tension-with-dolphins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/

Holy ******* hell.

I think the coach sucked, but the problem is bigger than that.  Extending Tanehill wasn't a problem; he is likely a top 15 QB on the right team, and if we had him we would likely be a playoff contender.  Suh, well that is another story - a lot of money for a malcontent. But, IMO, the FO and ownership is a joke.  Selling parts of the team to stars, can't fill the stadium, etc.  So, what quality coach is going to want to go there?

Yes, it is one of the only 32 HC jobs out there.  So, someone will take the job.  But consider this, had they fired Philbin at the end of the last year when they should have, and they offered the gig to Bowels and Quinn, would either of them take it over the jobs they did take.  Yeah, I know that our FO was messed up, but Woody is a better owner, they have great fan support, and the consultants we hired did a great job.  Atlanta is a way better situation.

It is like coaching for the Redskins; yeah, if want a chance to break into HC or want a chance to try again, you will take the job if you have nothing else, but do you want to play for Snyder?  I think getting rid of Philbin was a good first step, but I wouldn't worry too much about the Dolphins juggernaut quite yet.

Rex would have taken the job if it was offered to him quickly.  I wonder if the Falcons and Blank realize the huge bullet they dodged when they did not get Rex.

Rex would have taken the job if it was offered to him quickly.  I wonder if the Falcons and Blank realize the huge bullet they dodged when they did not get Rex.

I've met Arthur Blank several times several times on business.

I was shocked when I heard that he was even remotely interested in Rex.

Not his kind of guy,

Field Yates@FieldYates

6JC0P22A_normal.jpg

The Patriots hired Bill Belichick in 2000. The other 3 AFC East teams have had 21 head coaches combined since that time.

We had 5 of those 21. Miami had 8, and the Bills had 8.

and if not for tom Brady Bill Belichick would have been fired in 2001.

So why does Tanny still have a job?  So much of their problems are linked to horrible personnel decisions.  Bringing in Suh?  Extending Tannehill?  Not addressing glaring weaknesses at multiple offensive positions? 

they just hired Tannenbaum in January, how would this be his fault?

and if not for tom Brady Bill Belichick would have been fired in 2001.

they just hired Tannenbaum in January, how would this be his fault?

And if Tom Brady didn't have the defensive play calls being wired into his helmet, he would have been fired right along with BB.

They passed on him, they weren't stupid.

Texas A&M is an incubator for assholes (Maziel, Tannehill, Rick Perry).

This weekend in Dallas I drove past a megachurch advertising Tannehill will be speaking there. Maybe I'll stop by and ask him about how he feels about getting chewed up by practice squad players.

Wow. Telling them to go easy on Tannehill?

Amateur.

If Philbin wanted to coddle Tannehill, he should've just given him color-coded wristbands, an extra special captain's badge, and a hug.

Pretty sure they did.  I remember the rumors about the worry of a "culture clash" with how Rex Ryans personality would go over with the organization.  Looking at Atlanta right now and I think they are happy with their decision.

As a Jets fan myself I agree lol

In all seriousness it's about time Miami moved on.....will be interesting to see who Tannenbaum brings in to coach this team once this season is over (assuming they just promote a coordinator to take over for the rest of 2015).

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

although im glad he wont be tannenbaum should be fired. dude ruins teams

Wow. Telling them to go easy on Tannehill?

Amateur.

If Philbin wanted to coddle Tannehill, he should've just given him color-coded wristbands, an extra special captain's badge, and a hug.

You forgot the tattoo.  Need the Tattoo to show you are super committed and confident in the lad.

Pretty sure they did.  I remember the rumors about the worry of a "culture clash" with how Rex Ryans personality would go over with the organization.  Looking at Atlanta right now and I think they are happy with their decision.

Remember that time Rex turned Arthur Blank down, opting for the team from Siberia instead?  Me neither.

Would Rex have passed on Buffalo over Miami? Clearly the weather is better in Miami, but which FO/Owner to you choose to work for?  Not saying that I know the answer, but you have to wonder.  Also, most teams in need of a coach have their share of problems (or they wouldn't need a coach), but some FO/Owner situations are way better than others.

Not sure if I would choose the FO that has fired 2 coaches in the middle of the season in the last several years. 

Archived