ARE YOU ON BOARD? OR ARE YOU STILL AT THE GATE?

CobraVerde

ARE YOU FLYING TODD BOWLES AIRLINES?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. ARE YOU FLYING TODD BOWLES AIRLINES?

• On Board waiting for snacks.
    • At the gate on stand by
    • Taking the scenic route.

Oh I know that feeling all too well. I had no problem saying "We're the best team in the AFC." Back in 2008 after we beat New England. I had no doubt we were going down to Nashville and we're going to bust open the undefeated Titans. And then the Denver game...

The Jets have failed me far too many times in the past, which has made me a pessimistic fan. And right now, I don't think this team is much more than a playoff team with maybe a division round win.

But I do think the right coach is in place (seriously, this guy is like the 2nd coming of Jim Johnson with his blitz packages), and I think Maccagnan is doing great things. 

Obviously being a QB league, that's the one thing we're missing. If our FO can find a franchise QB, we could be in a very nice spot for the long haul.

This is the nest coach/GM we have had perhaps ever.  But , being a QB league, we are on a shoe string budget.  I am hoping we have a rich Gannon, Trent Dilfer like revival but I was AT the Tenn game in 2008.  So I hear you too.

Our opponents combined record is 5-11.  1-3, 2-2, 1-3, 1-3.  I am happy we are 3-1, but I will delay my flight until we beat someone of significance.

JMO.

Part of the reason they're 5-11 is that we beat them.  And when you look at net points, the only truly bad team is Miami.  Cleveland, Indy and the Eagles have all been losing close games this year.

I can understand maybe looking at the Eagle game and delaying optimism based on that.  But you can only play the teams on your schedule, and when you're + 40 in net points, playing under a new head coach, without your 2nd best player (Richardson).....that's impressive no matter WHO you're playing.

On our way to 4-6 and yes, we made the game by the Colts sitting Peyton and gave up 24 unanswered points.

Im simply enjoying the ride and I am not ready to pound my chest.

on our way to 4-6 and eventually playing for the right to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  if we do that this year I will do cartwheels.

we made the title game b/c we earned it and we won 2 road games no one gave us a chance to win to reach the title game then had a 2nd half lead.

Archived