CC Leaving the Yanks for Rehab

chirorob

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/cc-sabathia-enters-alcohol-rehab--will-miss-postseason-171228806.html

CC is leaving the Yankees, effective immediately to enter into alcohol rehab.

I'm sorry, what a BS move.  Not during the season, when you sucked or were hurt, not in 2 weeks when they are probably done, but today, the day before they have a 1 game playoff for their baseball lives.  I get it that you have to take care of yourself, but today.  Today.   BS move by a guy I normally really like.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/cc-sabathia-enters-alcohol-rehab--will-miss-postseason-171228806.html

CC is leaving the Yankees, effective immediately to enter into alcohol rehab.

I'm sorry, what a BS move.  Not during the season, when you sucked or were hurt, not in 2 weeks when they are probably done, but today, the day before they have a 1 game playoff for their baseball lives.  I get it that you have to take care of yourself, but today.  Today.   BS move by a guy I normally really like.

Don't you think CC deserves the benefit of the doubt? The fact this is happening now should tell you how desperate his situation is. I think their is a good chance he did plan to deal with this after the season, but an event  accelerated it. It sucks, but somethings are far more important than a baseball game. What if God forbid CC hurt himself and his family coming home after a big win or a big loss. CC deserves our admiration for asking for help for this disease  not disdain from Yankee fans.

Get better CC!

Good for him. Addiction is a fickle thing and it's all about the timing of you being ready to accept getting better. I'm sure he knows how fans and some teammates are going to react to the decision and it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there to this degree. The guy's a father, living a long and healthy life and seeing them grow is way more important than baseball.

All staged.

A way for him to try to avoid getting shelled in the postseason.

That's nonsense.

They could have shut him down due to his knee if they wanted to avoid pitching him in the playoffs.  No one would check into rehab to avoid playing.

Can't get mad at the guy.  You know he would have liked to have been a part of the postseason.  There must have been something that really needed addressing and, who knows, the Yanks might have played a part in the decision and timing.

And I don't think the Yanks will be hurt by it.  He has been a shell of his former self and they probably would have given him starts based on past successes.  I wish him well and look forward to seeing him on the mound in the Spring.

Don't you think CC deserves the benefit of the doubt? The fact this is happening now should tell you how desperate his situation is. I think their is a good chance he did plan to deal with this after the season, but an event  accelerated it. It sucks, but somethings are far more important than a baseball game. What if God forbid CC hurt himself and his family coming home after a big win or a big loss. CC deserves our admiration for asking for help for this disease  not disdain from Yankee fans.

Get better CC!

Having thought about it for a bit, I do give him the benefit.  I still think the timing is odd.  I do wonder if the pain meds he has probably been taking for his knee mixed with alcohol has made a bad problem worse. 

Archived