CobraVerde

I hate that no matter what time, what day, what year....

Don't worry about it.  Baseball is only relevant now in about 6-8 markets, mostly in the Northeast and Midwest.  Baseball only has about another 20 years of major sport relevance.  The Baby Boomers are the last true baseball generation.  When they are gone, baseball will die.  Younger generations don't have the patience to watch a 3.5 hour collection of conferences at the mound, pitchers warming up, pickoff attempts, chew/sunflower seed spitting, and nuts scratching. A boring, outdated game....

Tell that to the parents who refuse to let their kids play football.

I'm always amazed when big-time baseball guys like Russo and Francesa criticize the nba for having a long season when the MLB season is twice as long.  If you count ST and playoffs baseball goes from February to late October.  That's insanely long. 

Kids just don't have the attention span these days to handle that.  Go to a baseball game anyone below the age of 30 is looking at their stupid phone the entire time.  You're probably going to see the MLS pass MLB in popularity in 1-2 generations and soccer is already taking a big bite out of the NFL's talent pool.

You do understand just how long the NBA season is when you count camp and play-offs like you did above for MLB above.... don't you?

I think you owe Russo and Francesa an apology. 

Edited by GimmeShelter

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company