CobraVerde

I hate that no matter what time, what day, what year....

Don't worry about it.  Baseball is only relevant now in about 6-8 markets, mostly in the Northeast and Midwest.  Baseball only has about another 20 years of major sport relevance.  The Baby Boomers are the last true baseball generation.  When they are gone, baseball will die.  Younger generations don't have the patience to watch a 3.5 hour collection of conferences at the mound, pitchers warming up, pickoff attempts, chew/sunflower seed spitting, and nuts scratching. A boring, outdated game....

Edited by RoadFan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

It blows my mind anybody talks about baseball period. That sport is 10 years away from being completely irrelevant. 

A big part of the problem is the major media markets have failed to find enough talented personalities and writers to talk about rapidly growing sports like MMA and the other kind of football; domestic, foreign,  and international.

absolutely not.....  Still huge crowd at most stadiums most teams.  Some exceptions of course.

Sports are more about television ratings these days than attendance.  And those ratings are tracking more kids watching the English Premiere League than Major League Baseball.  Infinitely more kids play "FIFA" than "The Show" or whatever they call the video game of baseball.  But like I said, the number of markets with the high attendance you refer to will shrink. 

Edited by RoadFan

Tell that to the parents who refuse to let their kids play football.

I don't have children... but if I did, I would not let my son play American Football either.  It doesn't mean those boys will want to play baseball,  aka the American Naptime.

you have a soccer avatar and you are talking about boring sports? doesn't get more boring than soccer.

Opinions vary.  Even so...  the other football has no commercial breaks except halftime, and a match only lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes.  Baseball lasts 3-3.5 hours with constant interruptions.   High quality football has a sophistication and beauty beyond some.  Too bad.

soccer has always been very popular w/ kids, especially early on when many aren't coordinated enough to play regular sports.

baseball doesn't rely upon American kids.

"Football" requires high levels of coordination.  It doesn't look like it until you get way beyond the "bumblebee swarm kids soccer."  And many of those kids you refer to are now grown up football fans with kids of their own playing, watching and attending matches.

What are you talking about baseball doesn't rely on American kids?  America is still the biggest talent pool even with other countries supplying players.  Soccer is exploding in popularity in this country because the newer generations of kids are being pussified.  Go to a Sounders game in Seattle with 75,000 people at Centurylink Field. 

"Pussified" you say?  Baseball is way more vaginal than "football. "  Pansies are outta breath after running a lousy 90 feet and spend two weeks on the DL for a broken nail.  Now I ask you, which is the real sissy sport?

Oh wait... I forgot about the bloody sock.  (eyeroll)

Edited by RoadFan

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company