What my last three drafts would have looked like.

bealeb319

This is what my last three drafts would have looked like had I been the one making the call (not using hindsight but who I honestly would have taken with the Jets pick, and not pretending I am psychic and assuming I could have moved down and drafted someone later than where they actually went or that I could have moved up to grab someone) I also took every year as a new one using the roster the Jets had as my guideline as opposed to carrying over the players who I would have drafted the previous year. (mainly because I started with the most recent draft and worked down).

1) Todd Gurley RB - I was in love with the kid, I really think he is the next Adrian Peterson and will be an elite RB in the NFL for a long time (This would have been a real tough call and hard to explain with Williams still available)

2) Dorial-Green Beckham WR - I love the Devin Smith pick and think he is going to be a good WR for us but I would have went with DGB here.

3) Jalen Strong WR - I wouldn't have been able to resist the value of this pick he was a late first round talent maybe early second round but in the third I would have pounced on him.

1) Teddy Bridgewater QB - I know he had a bad pro day but I liked him in college, I really thought he was going to be scooped up in the first three picks, when he fell to us I would have grabbed him.

2) Jace Amaro TE- I would have probably stuck with our pick on this one (I wanted Seferian-Jenkins but he was gone before our pick)

3) Gabe Jackson OG- I really liked the pro day that Jackson had, he looked explosive and aggressive he ended up going one pick after us in round 3.

1) Jarvis Jones LB- We were in need of a good rusher and Jones was supposed to be pretty good would have taken Mingo with our first pick but he got scooped up before us by the Browns.

1) Cordarrelle Patterson WR - I took a major whiff here missing on Sheldon Richardson and taking Patterson who has not preformed to date for the Vikings.

2) Eddy Lacey RB - Lacey was supposed to be the best RB available after Lattimore was injured, would have taken another taken a debatable whiff here missing on Laveon Bell. (I think Bell is a much better back than Lacey personally)

3) Keenan Allen WR - I would have grabbed another WR here as a value pick, If Tyran Mathaiu was still available I would have grabbed him here but he got scooped up shortly before our pick.

In round 4 I would have taken a flier on Marcus Lattimore RB as I thought he was one of the most talented players coming out before his injury.

I would be interested in seeing who others would have picked if it were there call (please be honest about it and don't use hindsight)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I know me and you would have been on the exact same page the last 2 years, as i was all aboard Gurley @ 6 and DGB in rnd. Probably would have had to take Strong too as i had him as my #4 WR in the whole draft at the time. 

Same with Teddy. 

2013 - 1 (9) Hated the way the board fell here, wanted Mingo or Jordan. Would prob have taken Lotulelei in this spot. Right position, wrong player.  

2013 - 1 (13) Eifert all day. Didn't care about over-drafting TE's, just wanted this guy to become a Jet.

2013 -  2 (39) Can't remember to be honest, was too focused on our two initial picks. All I do remember is basically wanting anyone except Geno. :mellow:

2014 - 1 (18) Darqueze Dennard. Sweet on Brandin Cooks as well. 

2014 - 2 (49) Amaro would have been my selection here. 

2015 - 1 (6) As above with Williams. I was really hoping the Raiders would pass on Cooper though. I would have been happy with Kevin White at the time.

2015 - 2 (37) Again, Smith would have been my own pick here too. 

Funny you guys all would keep Amaro.  He is one guy I was not particularly fond of, but I did like Bridgewater and Cooks.  The OP should consider that he has 4 WRs, Amaro who can't block and 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds over the past three years, plus the stated desire to take a shot on Lattimore.  I know we have been drafting too much D, but c'mon.  I like the fact that this team tried to stock the O line with mid-rounders, but they did seem to strike out. 

This kind of exercise is basically impossible. At least when you're allowing for hindsight there's some semblance of a clear standard. The first pick this year is a pretty easy example. Sure, sitting there on the clock Williams was the pick I was hoping for and expecting, and obviously the instant reaction fairly unanimously regarded it as BPA, but an hour before that I would have expected any scenario that entailed him even being there in the first place to have involved some kind of previously undisclosed issue that would have had him continuing to fall.

This kind of exercise is basically impossible. At least when you're allowing for hindsight there's some semblance of a clear standard. The first pick this year is a pretty easy example. Sure, sitting there on the clock Williams was the pick I was hoping for and expecting, and obviously the instant reaction fairly unanimously regarded it as BPA, but an hour before that I would have expected any scenario that entailed him even being there in the first place to have involved some kind of previously undisclosed issue that would have had him continuing to fall.

Idzik would blow a draft even with benefit of hindsight

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you guys all would keep Amaro.  He is one guy I was not particularly fond of, but I did like Bridgewater and Cooks.  The OP should consider that he has 4 WRs, Amaro who can't block and 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds over the past three years, plus the stated desire to take a shot on Lattimore.  I know we have been drafting too much D, but c'mon.  I like the fact that this team tried to stock the O line with mid-rounders, but they did seem to strike out. 

Lol even if we drafted Lacey I would have been temped by Gurley...I really thought Gurley was going to be the next AP and so far he has looked pretty good since coming back. Lacey is a great back too though I Think his numbers would be far better on a team that didn't have the luxury of having one of the best QBs in the NFL throwing the ball.

Archived