WSH Impressions

Patriot Killa

And then you keep getting a cold hard slap of reality after games like the Eagles game.  This is the NFL, my friend, you can't overlook anyone.  You can if you want.  I wont.  I know better.

Really? As if I wasnt one of those to even mention the actual mismatch in Sproles? The Eagles aint the Redskins and I dont find every reason to worry over every team every week in order to sike myself out just because this is the NFL. The Jets are better and this scaredy cat fanbase find it hard to handle winning because they have "SOJ" in the back of their mind. 

How about the Redskins prove it first and make me a believer. Until then, its Jets all day at 1,000 mph with not a thought of the brake pedal. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeAngelo Hall likely to be ruled out and CB Chris Culliver is likely to return.  Culver didn't practice last week so need to watch the practice reports on him this week.  He was a game time decision last week and ruled out on game day.  He never practiced last week after his MRI on his knee Monday came back negative.  

Really? As if I wasnt one of those to even mention the actual mismatch in Sproles? The Eagles aint the Redskins and I dont find every reason to worry over every team every week in order to sike myself out just because this is the NFL. The Jets are better and this scaredy cat fanbase find it hard to handle winning because they have "SOJ" in the back of their mind. 

How about the Redskins prove it first and make me a believer. Until then, its Jets all day at 1,000 mph with not a thought of the brake pedal. 

Respecting another team is something some fans can do and some can't.  They get paid too.  We shall see, but I hope you're right.

Respecting another team is something some fans can do and some can't.  They get paid too.  We shall see, but I hope you're right.

I respect the Skins, but im not checking their injury reports every day. Thats just being scary. I hope Hall plays. I expect it to look something like this after Marshall gets done with him.

Jets stopping the run is a problem. Hopefully Sheldon helps with this, but we'll see. 

The Jets are 8th in stopping the run game 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2015&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

I respect the Skins, but im not checking their injury reports every day. Thats just being scary. I hope Hall plays. I expect it to look something like this after Marshall gets done with him.

I do that for every game...watch the practice reports, who is playing and who isnt playing.  I honestly follow it closely throughout the league.  Helps for preparing for fantasy football too when you have 'x' guy going against 'x' banged up CB... :)

The Skins are not good. You people are so insecure. Buy in. The Jets are the better team. 

I agree with this. We proved in losing to the Eagles that nothing is guaranteed (any given Sunday and all that jazz) but the Jets are better than the Skins and if they play their game should win comfortably.

This team is built to feast on sh*tty QBs -- Cousins is a sh*tty QB.

Jets are among the best run stopping teams in football. If anything it's the Jets run defense that wins this game. 

Compared to what we've been used to with Rex we do look a little soft up the middle.

This is by design. Where as with Rex is all about stopping the run first, Bowles is about penetrating with the linemen and getting pressure first.

This is what has made us so good against the pass, and at creating turnovers. It still stops the run well, but it doesn't look as impenetrable.

Rex' defense also could give up more big runs if you did happen to get through to the 2nd level. That would explain the average.

I predict it's 27-14 again, but close through 3, maybe 21-14 going into the 4th but we tack on two FGs to ice the game in the 4th.  Im going to the game with 3 Redskins fans, I hope we clobber them 44-10.  I want to see Devin Smith and Fitzpatrick having improved timing coming off the bye.  Would love to see him open some things up backing up the safeties and helping our run game.  That's the one variable our offense is missing.  These don't have to be pure go routes, some of these deep crossing routes would be nice.

Atlanta's success in running was running on the nickel package by spreading out the defense with lots of 3 WRs sets and Tamme in motion.  Fitzpatrick is going to need to burn this defense a couple times to keep them honest and open lanes for Ivory.  

I do that for every game...watch the practice reports, who is playing and who isnt playing.  I honestly follow it closely throughout the league.  Helps for preparing for fantasy football too when you have 'x' guy going against 'x' banged up CB... :)

Then my apologies for assuming that you did this specifically because we're playing them. Generally though, Jets fans seems to find reasons why we shouldnt be as confident in our team no matter the opponent. This is a must win game in terms of the early playoff picture. We can fall from 4th place to 7th next Sunday with a loss. No way in the world I believe that the Jets are going to allow the Redskins to beat them and put them in a situation like that. I honestly dont believe that this is the SOJ. I just dont. 

Im not saying that there is no way that the Skins can win. Of course not, anyone can win on Sunday but there's a difference between respecting a team and being concerned about a team. People like to throw our loss to the Eagles as if thats relevant. I dont think anyone here, including me, expected the Jets to go 19-0 in reality. I believe the Jets can beat every opponent, but I dont expect them to actually do so. If the Jets are as good as I believe they are then these games are the games that I they win more often than not

The difference with the Eagles is that they are an explosive team with a poor start, I never thought heading into the season that the Skins were a good team. The Jets lost to an explosive football team that simply hasnt found a way to get things clicking. If the Jets lose to the Skins then the Jets arent as good a team as I think. That would be more telling than the Skins being good. The Redskins are not a good team. They're not the worst, but the Jets should win this game. 

People will look to the slip up vs the Eagles as the best reason to be leary of this game on Sunday. So based on that game let's take a look at what has to transpire during Sundays game to make it a "similar" outcome.

Ivory & Decker don't play- Fitz throws 3 picks- Marshall laterals to Skins- We run for 50 yards- We have 5 dropped balls- We give up a punt return for a TD- The refs are from Washington DC & call zero holding penalties on Skins Oline- Marshall gets interfered with on endzone play & gets no call- Davis gets personal foul for tacking a RB that leads to a TD- Jets D gives up 150 on the ground. Sam Bradford was 14-28 for 128 yards & we lost. Talk about a bury the ball type of game!

Jets will be healthiest they've been. Skins banged up. Skins are BAD on the road & shot their load vs Falcons (another NFC team). The only chance I give the Redskins is the "Any given Sunday" but a lot of things need to go the Skins way for them to leave MetLife with a victory. Another thing to consider is the Skins don't run their offense like the Eagles. Noise means nothing to the Eagles because of the way they send in plays & they like to run a lot of plays. The Skins will milk the clock, and get themselves in some trouble on 3rd & long with the clock ticking down, that's an advantage for our Dline to get great jumps, one of the advantages of playing at home. I see Decker having a monster day!

People will look to the slip up vs the Eagles as the best reason to be leary of this game on Sunday. So based on that game let's take a look at what has to transpire during Sundays game to make it a "similar" outcome.

Ivory & Decker don't play- Fitz throws 3 picks- Marshall laterals to Skins- We run for 50 yards- We have 5 dropped balls- We give up a punt return for a TD- The refs are from Washington DC & call zero holding penalties on Skins Oline- Marshall gets interfered with on endzone play & gets no call- Davis gets personal foul for tacking a RB that leads to a TD- Jets D gives up 150 on the ground. Sam Bradford was 14-28 for 128 yards & we lost. Talk about a bury the ball type of game!

Jets will be healthiest they've been. Skins banged up. Skins are BAD on the road & shot their load vs Falcons (another NFC team). The only chance I give the Redskins is the "Any given Sunday" but a lot of things need to go the Skins way for them to leave MetLife with a victory. Another thing to consider is the Skins don't run their offense like the Eagles. Noise means nothing to the Eagles because of the way they send in plays & they like to run a lot of plays. The Skins will milk the clock, and get themselves in some trouble on 3rd & long with the clock ticking down, that's an advantage for our Dline to get great jumps, one of the advantages of playing at home. I see Decker having a monster day!

This is a great point. 

Then my apologies for assuming that you did this specifically because we're playing them. Generally though, Jets fans seems to find reasons why we shouldnt be as confident in our team no matter the opponent. This is a must win game in terms of the early playoff picture. We can fall from 4th place to 7th next Sunday with a loss. No way in the world I believe that the Jets are going to allow the Redskins to beat them and put them in a situation like that. I honestly dont believe that this is the SOJ. I just dont. 

Im not saying that there is no way that the Skins can win. Of course not, anyone can win on Sunday but there's a difference between respecting a team and being concerned about a team. People like to throw our loss to the Eagles as if thats relevant. I dont think anyone here, including me, expected the Jets to go 19-0 in reality. I believe the Jets can beat every opponent, but I dont expect them to actually do so. If the Jets are as good as I believe they are then these games are the games that I they win more often than not

The difference with the Eagles is that they are an explosive team with a poor start, I never thought heading into the season that the Skins were a good team. The Jets lost to an explosive football team that simply hasnt found a way to get things clicking. If the Jets lose to the Skins then the Jets arent as good a team as I think. That would be more telling than the Skins being good. The Redskins are not a good team. They're not the worst, but the Jets should win this game. 

I agree.  This is a statement  Game one way or another, SOJ or ready for a Play off run.  

The only thing I think we disagree on is the skins are better than the eagles.  The week before the Atlanta game the skins beat the Eagles without djax and both starting CBs.  

The ball going through Marshall's hands for an int that led to a TD, and the one tipped up to the safety for a toe tapping pick.

That game just wasn't meant to be.

The ball going through Marshall's hands for an int that led to a TD, and the one tipped up to the safety for a toe tapping pick.

That game just wasn't meant to be.

whatever could go wrong, did go wrong in that game & I'm telling you, the officiating in that game was god awful! All the big calls were on the Jets, and when the Jets deserved to be the beneficiary, they got NOTHING. No holding calls on Eagles Oline, no call for Marshall, even the lateral could have gone the other way had they said his hand was down initially. I thought it was going to be overturned after numerous views, but it wasn't indisputable evidence. It was one of those calls that would have stood either way I believe. But, we did shut them out in the 2nd half but Fitz couldn't get us over the top. Did Folk also miss a FG in that game? I don't remember.

DeAngelo Hall likely to be ruled out and CB Chris Culliver is likely to return.  Culver didn't practice last week so need to watch the practice reports on him this week.  He was a game time decision last week and ruled out on game day.  He never practiced last week after his MRI on his knee Monday came back negative.  

Breshard Breeland hurt his shoulder too.  They are calling it a rotator cuff contusion.  Trent Williams "strained his neck" and Matt Jones is day-to-day with a toe something or other. 

Breshard Breeland hurt his shoulder too.  They are calling it a rotator cuff contusion.  Trent Williams "strained his neck" and Matt Jones is day-to-day with a toe something or other. 

Thompson and Jones are interchangeable...  Breshard Breeland is their top remaining CB, so they would be down CBs 1-3 if Culliver doesnt play.  I gree with what someone said above, Decker could have a very big day (as could Smith going against practice squad caliber CBs).  

I think Williams plays, but going against Wilkerson, Williams, and Richardson could be in for a long day...

Archived