2015-16 NCAA Basketball

nyjunc

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are a credible source.

2009 isn't recent? since 2005 we have the same # of titles.

USA basketball brought them all the top recruits and their sociology program gets them through duke academically.

nice try skippy, 

No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends; There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends." blah blah blah

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's more smoke around the duke program but b/c they are a private institution you can't get info.  all the facts around Carolina are the men's basketball program didn't do anything wrong.  They didn't steer players to AFAM, they didn't change grades, they didn't do shady things to keep players eligible.  what happened was an institution problem and as we know no other Universities around the Country have any easy classes.

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2009 isn't recent? since 2005 we have the same # of titles.

2009 isn't even this decade.

You want to go back 11 arbitrary years, only to match UConn's recent success? lol. pathetic.

How about go back 12 arbitrary years? UConn>unc.

How about 17 arbitrary years? UConn>unc.

How about a nice round figure like 20? UConn>unc

How about 26 years, when UConn first became a truly national program? UConn>unc

How about three decades ago in '86, when Calhoun first took over, and I was born? UConn>unc

I don't know what your definition of "recent times" as you first put it is, but UConn>unc in national championships in every year for the last thirty, except the 6 yrs between '05-'11 when they merely were equal to UConn. That includes bringing UConn to the national stage out of nowhere, a conference change, and a coaching change from a legendary HoF coach to a first year newbie. 

Case closed. I'm done. 

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You want to go back 11 arbitrary years, only to match UConn's recent success? lol. pathetic.

How about three decades ago in '86, when Calhoun first took over, and I was born? UConn>unc

I don't know what your definition of "recent times" as you first put it is, but UConn>unc in national championships in every year for the last thirty, except the 6 yrs between '05-'11 when they merely were equal to UConn. That includes bringing UConn to the national stage out of nowhere, a conference change, and a coaching change from a legendary HoF coach to a first year newbie. 

Case closed. I'm done. 

Sad but True.  I am older than you, Pace University in the 80's. Rooted for St Johns when the Big East was a powerhouse. Before Calhoun, UCONN was a basement dwelling bottom feeder.  What a great example of a great coach making a program.  I heard him speak once and he credits the recruiting of Ray Allen as the number one move.  Their 1st National Championship he went out of his way publicly to thank Ray Allen.  "Without Ray, I done get XXX,YYY etc..." as he named several great players.

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

North Carolina will never be irrelevant and they don't USA basketball to become a top program again like duke needed.  Soon enough the rat will be gone and w/ that incredible coaching tree:lol: it will be your program that becomes irrelevant

From '82 to '93 unc had three championships. then they hit a dry spell where nothing worked and they couldn't even make a title game for 12 years. The reports all state that the academic fraud started 18 years ago...which would put the start of the cheating at 1998. Makes sense. So in reality, unc really did need to do something to become a top program....cheat their athletes through a fraudulent school - in order to get recruits and finally win something again in '05 and '09...at which point they had to stop the cheating because the NCAA was catching on....and oh look, here's another dry spell for unc. 

17 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Case closed. I'm done. 

you said recent, it's recent times.  you are the one going back w/ arbitrary years- 26 years:lol:

you had 2 fluky runs in '11 and '14.  UConn is not a dominant program, never has been.

UConn was in the Big East in 1979-80 so please stop w/ the 26 years thing.

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Sad but True.  I am older than you, Pace University in the 80's. Rooted for St Johns when the Big East was a powerhouse. Before Calhoun, UCONN was a basement dwelling bottom feeder.  What a great example of a great coach making a program.  I heard him speak once and he credits the recruiting of Ray Allen as the number one move.  Their 1st National Championship he went out of his way publicly to thank Ray Allen.  "Without Ray, I done get XXX,YYY etc..." as he named several great players.

UConn became a top program well before Ray Allen so I don't know if that is true or if he is trying to pump up one of his favorite players.

10 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

From '82 to '93 unc had three championships. then they hit a dry spell where nothing worked and they couldn't even make a title game for 12 years. The reports all state that the academic fraud started 18 years ago...which would put the start of the cheating at 1998. Makes sense. So in reality, unc really did need to do something to become a top program....cheat their athletes through a fraudulent school - in order to get recruits and finally win something again in '05 and '09...at which point they had to stop the cheating because the NCAA was catching on....and oh look, here's another dry spell for unc. 

Actually from 1982 to 1993(12 seasons) they won 2 titles.  do you ever get anything right?

1998 when Carolina spanked UConn in the Elite 8 and Jim Calhoun whined about the game being played in Greensboro but strangely never whined when UConn got to play in the Meadowlands.  I remember it well.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you said recent, it's recent times.  you are the one going back w/ arbitrary years- 26 years:lol:

All of those arbitrary periods were to prove to you that at no time in the past thirty years has unc held more National Championships than UConn. So go ahead and pick any "recent time" that you'd like, big shot.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Actually from 1982 to 1993(12 seasons) they won 2 titles.  do you ever get anything right?

1998 when Carolina spanked UConn in the Elite 8 and Jim Calhoun whined about the game being played in Greensboro but strangely never whined when UConn got to play in the Meadowlands.  I remember it well.

WOW! Sorry I don't know ******* ancient history from 35 years ago. Not all of us are old ****s like you. I'm basically looking at a list on NCAA.com for anything past '95, and all these months, I legit thought unc had 5 national titles since '82. I was mistaken, because NCState actually won in '83.

So actually, you can go back to 1957 - even before my mom was born, as the year (looking backwards) where unc can finally claim that they have more titles than UConn!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 

baaaaaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yayyy! unc made lost another final four in '98! wooo hooo! let the celebrations begin!!! 

except, since then, UConn has spanked unc in national titles...4-2.

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

All of those arbitrary periods were to prove to you that at no time in the past thirty years has unc held more National Championships than UConn. So go ahead and pick any "recent time" that you'd like, big shot.

last 30 years would include 1986-2016, right?

1993 the heels won the national Championship. so they led 1-0 in that time frame until 1999 when UConn evened it up.

1986-1992: 0-0(1 FF to 0 lead for UNC)

1993-1998: 1-0 lead for UNC(4 FFs to 0 for UNC)

1999-2003: 1-1(1-1 tie in FFs)

2004: UConn leads 2-1(1-0 in FFs)

2005-2008: tied 2-2(UNC leads 2-0 in FFs)

2009-2010: UNC leads 3-2(FFs 1-1)

2011-2013: tied 3-3(FFs 1-0 UConn)

2014-2016: UConn leads 4-3(1-1 FFs)

UNC led 8 seasons

UConn led/leads 4 seasons

tied 19 seasons

do you get anything right?

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

yayyy! unc made lost another final four in '98! wooo hooo! let the celebrations begin!!! 

except, since then, UConn has spanked unc in national titles...4-2.

considering UConn had never made a FF to that point I am sure all UConn fans(you weren't at the time) were hugely disappointed to get smoked in the regional final.

UConn hasn't played Carolina in a FF or National title.  Had UConn beat Mich State(who Carolina beat 89-72 two nights later) then they would have met for the Nat'l title in 2009.

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

WOW! Sorry I don't know ******* ancient history from 35 years ago. Not all of us are old ****s like you. I'm basically looking at a list on NCAA.com for anything past '95, and all these months, I legit thought unc had 5 national titles since '82. I was mistaken, because NCState actually won in '83.

So actually, you can go back to 1957 - even before my mom was born, as the year (looking backwards) where unc can finally claim that they have more titles than UConn!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 

baaaaaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

they didn't teach you how to read at UConn?  is it that difficult to look up prior years?

you sure you graduated from UConn? you post like you are 12 years old.  are you a boy genius?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one cares anymore Junk.  Time to start a 2016-17 NCAA Basketball Thread and start posting a bunch of polls that rank UNC really high and stuff. 

why? no one will care until their team wins so they can gloat.  Would be nice if we could have some fun back and forth throughout the season.

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

last 30 years would include 1986-2016, right?

1993 the heels won the national Championship. so they led 1-0 in that time frame until 1999 when UConn evened it up.

1986-1992: 0-0(1 FF to 0 lead for UNC)

1993-1998: 1-0 lead for UNC(4 FFs to 0 for UNC)

1999-2003: 1-1(1-1 tie in FFs)

2004: UConn leads 2-1(1-0 in FFs)

2005-2008: tied 2-2(UNC leads 2-0 in FFs)

2009-2010: UNC leads 3-2(FFs 1-1)

2011-2013: tied 3-3(FFs 1-0 UConn)

2014-2016: UConn leads 4-3(1-1 FFs)

UNC led 8 seasons

UConn led/leads 4 seasons

tied 19 seasons

do you get anything right?

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they didn't teach you how to read at UConn?  is it that difficult to look up prior years?

you sure you graduated from UConn? you post like you are 12 years old.  are you a boy genius?

You keep asking if I can read, and I explicitly wrote in my initial post (and you quoted) backwards looking....meaning counting backwards. So yes, I stick to what I said: counting backwards, 1957 (also known as 59 years ago) was the first year that unc can claim to have more titles than UConn. 

For someone who asks others if they can read, you suck at it. 

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I am sure all UConn fans(you weren't at the time)

Nice try, big guy. My dad was a fan of UConn because we had family there since the early '90s. I've been a fan since I could understand basketball around '94-'95. I also even went to UConn for undergrad.

You want to play the fan game with me? Your faggot ass couldn't even attend unc...you just chose them to leech on to because you're a grimey **** front runner. 

You keep asking if I can read, and I explicitly wrote in my initial post (and you quoted) backwards looking....meaning counting backwards. So yes, I stick to what I said: counting backwards, 1957 (also known as 59 years ago) was the first year that unc can claim to have more titles than UConn. 

For someone who asks others if they can read, you suck at it. 

1957 had nothing to do with it.  you posted more incorrect info, you are good that.  I understand why you hate me.  I wouldn't like someone who consistently made me look foolish either.  It's why I don't dislike you at all.  You amuse me.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one cares anymore Junk.  Time to start a 2016-17 NCAA Basketball Thread and start posting a bunch of polls that rank UNC really high and stuff. 

The first 8 pages or so of this thread are literally this senile **** talking to himself about tar heel basketball, on a New York Jets message board. 

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Nice try, big guy. My dad was a fan of UConn because we had family there since the early '90s. I've been a fan since I could understand basketball around '94-'95. I also even went to UConn for undergrad.

You want to play the fan game with me? Your faggot ass couldn't even attend unc...you just chose them to leech on to because you're a grimey **** front runner. 

Your dad was a fan not an alum?  but you aren't allowed to root for the team if you didn't go there I thought?

I am a frontunner but you became a UConn fan in the early/mid 90s which coincidentally was when they became a big time program.:lol::lol:

is there anyone out there that can pose a challenge to me?  I am tiring of swatting this flea away though it does amuse me.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

1957 had nothing to do with it.  you posted more incorrect info, you are good that.  I understand why you hate me.  I wouldn't like someone who consistently made me look foolish either.  It's why I don't dislike you at all.  You amuse me.

Do a quick exercise with me: Go backwards from 2016, and count the number of years in which unc won natn'l titles. When you get to 5 go ahead and post that year. 

The first 8 pages or so of this thread are literally this senile **** talking to himself about tar heel basketball, on a New York Jets message board. 

Trying to drum up some interest in talking college basketball, fans of all programs were welcome to chime in.  I just wish we had some real, knowledgeable fans of college basketball on here so we could have some fun rather than myself just making folks like you look foolish(to be fair you do a great job on your own so I cannot take too much credit).

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Do a quick exercise with me: Go backwards from 2016, and count the number of years in which unc won natn'l titles. When you get to 5 go ahead and post that year. 

I don't know what they teach at UConn but it makes no sense to count backwards.  so you won a title in 2014, why would that give you an edge in 2012 and 2013?  Of all the asinine things you have posted on here over time this may be #1.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't know what they teach at UConn but it makes no sense to count backwards.  so you won a title in 2014, why would that give you an edge in 2012 and 2013?  Of all the asinine things you have posted on here over time this may be #1.

So the statement: "you'd have to go all the way back to 1957 to aggregate more titles for unc than UConn"....what is that? Not true? Asinine? Help me out here. 

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Your dad was a fan not an alum?  but you aren't allowed to root for the team if you didn't go there I thought?

I am a frontunner but you became a UConn fan in the early/mid 90s which coincidentally was when they became a big time program.:lol::lol:

is there anyone out there that can pose a challenge to me?  I am tiring of swatting this flea away though it does amuse me.

Yea, my dad was a fan, just like I was until I attended undergrad. Neither of us acted like it was our school, the way you keep calling unc "your" program. Now, I do call UConn my school, because I attended. unc still isn't your school. 

And yea, me being a uconn fan at the age of 8 because my dad's family went there is definitely me being a front runner. guilty as charged in nyjunks mind. wooptie ******* doo. 

Nothing Junk is saying matters.

A school is more than just a basketball team.

You didn't pay tuition to go to UNC.  You didn't pay student fees that directly go to athletics.  You didn't make UNC your residence for 2+ years before moving off campus to somewhere in Chapel Hill.  You didn't go to classes, become part of the culture, become involved in student orgs or Greek life.  You didn't get a degree.  You aren't an alum, donating to his alma mater.  You didn't make connections with people you still value years later.

Nothing you say matters on any of this.  You're a fan.  Cool story bro.  Go cry yourself to sleep.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You didn't pay tuition to go to UNC.  You didn't pay student fees that directly go to athletics.  You didn't make UNC your residence for 2+ years before moving off campus.  You didn't go to classes, become part of the culture, become involved in student orgs or Greek life.  You didn't get a degree.  You aren't an alum, donating to his alma mater.  You didn't make connections with people you still value years later.

Nothing you say matters on any of this.  You're a fan.  Cool story bro.  Go cry yourself to sleep.

See how easy it is to distinguish between a fan and an alum? Something I thought we all had been doing pretty explicitly for some time. Only nyjunk wouldn't be able to understand this.

Just now, afosomf said:

Can anyone really challenge an arrogant dumpster fire?  Junc may be the dumbest holes fan i ever came across. 

in junk's mind, no one has ever won an argument against him.

In reality, no one has ever come across a more delusional blowhard.

He has got to be a masochist. Only that would explain him coming here repeatedly to get pumped in the ass as much as he does. 

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So the statement: "you'd have to go all the way back to 1957 to aggregate more titles for unc than UConn"....what is that? Not true? Asinine? Help me out here. 

that was about 10 posts after you told me how at no point in the last 30 years has UNC had more titles.  Keep trying though.

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yea, my dad was a fan, just like I was until I attended undergrad. Neither of us acted like it was our school, the way you keep calling unc "your" program. Now, I do call UConn my school, because I attended. unc still isn't your school. 

And yea, me being a uconn fan at the age of 8 because my dad's family went there is definitely me being a front runner. guilty as charged in nyjunks mind. wooptie ******* doo. 

I act like Carolina is my school?  how so?  you are such a fraud.  Carolina is my team, meaning my favorite team(I root for UNC in all sports but I care about basketball the most).  Never once have I called UNC my school or said I attended the school.  I do have a deep connection w/ the school which I am not discussing but you can say anything on the internet.  I could have lied and said I went there but I don't lie about anything.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You didn't pay tuition to go to UNC.  You didn't pay student fees that directly go to athletics.  You didn't make UNC your residence for 2+ years before moving off campus to somewhere in Chapel Hill.  You didn't go to classes, become part of the culture, become involved in student orgs or Greek life.  You didn't get a degree.  You aren't an alum, donating to his alma mater.  You didn't make connections with people you still value years later.

Ohhhbh so b/c you paid tuition(or your parents did) that means you are a better fan of the program.  Haha, got it.  So I have been a Jets ticket holder for 25+ years, does that make me a better Jet fan than you since I paid all that money?

Don't be upset b/c the program I love is an all time great program and your school sucks.  the only reason anyone knows UNCW is b/c it being w/ UNC.

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

See how easy it is to distinguish between a fan and an alum? Something I thought we all had been doing pretty explicitly for some time. Only nyjunk wouldn't be able to understand this.

stop insulting your Dad, he's just a fan.

4 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Can anyone really challenge an arrogant dumpster fire?  Junc may be the dumbest holes fan i ever came across. 

someone as dumb as you calling another person dumb.  oh boy.

in junk's mind, no one has ever won an argument against him.

In reality, no one has ever come across a more delusional blowhard.

He has got to be a masochist. Only that would explain him coming here repeatedly to get pumped in the ass as much as he does. 

You haven't, some have but very few b/c I know my stuff unlike you.

You have been crushed all day long, just b/c you have two nimwits on your side means nothing(2 guys who I also roast their weak arguments and they also hate me for it- you guys should start a club)

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that was about 10 posts after you told me how at no point in the last 30 years has UNC had more titles.  Keep trying though.

I act like Carolina is my school?  how so?  you are such a fraud.  Carolina is my team, meaning my favorite team(I root for UNC in all sports but I care about basketball the most).  Never once have I called UNC my school or said I attended the school.  I do have a deep connection w/ the school which I am not discussing but you can say anything on the internet.  I could have lied and said I went there but I don't lie about anything.

Ohhhbh so b/c you paid tuition(or your parents did) that means you are a better fan of the program.  Haha, got it.  So I have been a Jets ticket holder for 25+ years, does that make me a better Jet fan than you since I paid all that money?

Don't be upset b/c the program I love is an all time great program and your school sucks.  the only reason anyone knows UNCW is b/c it being w/ UNC.

stop insulting your Dad, he's just a fan.

someone as dumb as you calling another person dumb.  oh boy.

You haven't, some have but very few b/c I know my stuff unlike you.

You have been crushed all day long, just b/c you have two nimwits on your side means nothing(2 guys who I also roast their weak arguments and they also hate me for it- you guys should start a club)

I am going to take a gander that Junc did not graduate from college, prob just made it thru HS

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yet again, nyjunk thinks he is the victor of the world. kudos, pal. 

National Championships are not an opinion, they are fact. Fact is, over the last 30 years since my birth, UConn>unc in national title's. That's enough for me. You can win all the arguments you'd like in your own ****ed up mind. 

Archived