2015-16 NCAA Basketball

nyjunc

47 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Fact 1) UConn didn't win a national title till '99
Fact 2) They never even reached a final four till '99
Fact 3) UConn has 4 national titles in the last 20 years (most in that span, and two more than the two tainted titles that unc has), but none before '99. 

Given the facts, one couldn't possibly be a "bandwagon fan" of a UConn program who hadn't even advanced to the semi-final of their sport in their entire history. Bandwagon fans chase winning teams. So unless you think 1 elite eight appearance from 1901-1994 is "winning", anyone who was a fan of UConn in the early '90s was a fan simply because (a) they had roots there, or (b) were from the UConn geographical area. Ironically, my family and I fit both of those criteria. Also, I actually went to UConn. I have alum status. You and unc...not so much. 

If one were a bandwagon fan in the early 90's, they'd be Duke fans, due to their incredible run of 4 national title game appearances and 2 national championships in 5 years. 

Meanwhile, you've proven many times that you're a senile old ****, which would make you a prime candidate to be a front running bandwagon non alum fan of a unc team nowhere near the northeast who happened to have the GOAT playing on their team. Being JN's biggest brady* fan doesn't help your defense of not being a front running loser either. 

they became a big time program in the early 90s, the fact that they never reached a FF until 1999 is irrleveant.  they were a top team in most years.  They were a #1 Seed in 1990.  They made a ton of sweet 126s and elite 8s prior to the 1999 run so stop it bandwagoner.

here you go w/ that fuzzy math again, 1901-1994:lol: what a disingenuous clown.  1990 they arrived on the Nat'l scene to stay.  you claim you became a fan in the mid 90s, 1995 they AGAIN reached a regional final.

you didn't actually go to UConn until after they started winning championships.

Using your logic if one were to become a bandwagon fan in the 80s(when I became a Carolina fan) then they would have been an IU fan, Louisville fan, Big East fan not a fan of Carolina.

It is so easy and fun to wipe the floor w/ you.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they became a big time program in the early 90s, the fact that they never reached a FF until 1999 is irrleveant.  they were a top team in most years.  They were a #1 Seed in 1990.  They made a ton of sweet 126s and elite 8s prior to the 1999 run so stop it bandwagoner.

here you go w/ that fuzzy math again, 1901-1994:lol: what a disingenuous clown.  1990 they arrived on the Nat'l scene to stay.  you claim you became a fan in the mid 90s, 1995 they AGAIN reached a regional final.

you didn't actually go to UConn until after they started winning championships.

Using your logic if one were to become a bandwagon fan in the 80s(when I became a Carolina fan) then they would have been an IU fan, Louisville fan, Big East fan not a fan of Carolina.

It is so easy and fun to wipe the floor w/ you.

now FF's are irrelevant? all thread long you've been talking about how incredible unc is because of ff appearances; even though they haven't won sh*t in years.

1901 to 1994, UConn had one elite 8 appearance, and no final fours. these are facts, not fuzzy math. 

LOL at "you didn't actually go to UConn until after they started winning championships." Unless you have aspergers, i'll assume you're straight trolling with that. 

Since it's clear that you realize how stupid your whole uconn bandwagon crap is, i'm finished with this topic.

Just remember, I went to UConn, you didn't go to unc, and UConn>UNC since UConn 'arrived on the Nat'l scene to stay', as you say. 

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

now FF's are irrelevant? all thread long you've been talking about how incredible unc is because of ff appearances; even though they haven't won sh*t in years.

1901 to 1994, UConn had one elite 8 appearance, and no final fours. these are facts, not fuzzy math. 

LOL at "you didn't actually go to UConn until after they started winning championships." Unless you have aspergers, i'll assume you're straight trolling with that. 

Since it's clear that you realize how stupid your whole uconn bandwagon crap is, i'm finished with this topic.

Just remember, I went to UConn, you didn't go to unc, and UConn>UNC since UConn 'arrived on the Nat'l scene to stay', as you say. 

god damn you are dumb.  I didn't say getting to a FF was irrelevant, I said the fact they they had never reached a FF at that point was irrelevant.  Do they teach basic reading comprehension at UConn community college?

to recap:

you started following UConn in 1995, they made their first FF and won their first title in 1999.  so w/in 4 years

I started following Carolina around 1985, they made their first FF in 1991 and won their first title in 1993.

Using your logic this would make you the bigger bandwagon fan.

also, to clarify.  if any of my kids go to Carolina I am then allowed to be a real fan?  I am wondering how this works.

These are actual adults I am discussing this stuff w, you just can't make it up.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

blah blah blah i'm an old front running loser who became a unc fan even though i have no roots there and live no where close to there, because the GOAT was there from '81-'84 and unc had deep tourney runs every year including two title game appearances and one national championship blah blah blah

Right. Agreed with everything here. So to recap, I went to UConn, you didn't go to unc, and UConn>UNC since UConn 'arrived on the Nat'l scene to stay', as you say.

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Right. Agreed with everything here. So to recap, I went to UConn, you didn't go to unc, and UConn>UNC since UConn 'arrived on the Nat'l scene to stay', as you say.

I don't believe for second you went to UConn, UConn is not a bad school.  There's no way someone w/ your intelligence went to any decent college.

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't believe for second you went to UConn, UConn is not a bad school.  There's no way someone w/ your intelligence went to any decent college.

heh bub work on getting your GED before you bash any college mon

15 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

I went to Duke. Me is be smarter be than all you not be college people are not.

Yeah but you better prove that you didn't select when to enroll based on how good the basketball team was otherwise you're a frontrunner. (just relaying what other loser, non alum fabs have said on this board).

31 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

The Duke envy on this board is outstanding!

who envies duke?

13 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Yeah but you better prove that you didn't select when to enroll based on how good the basketball team was otherwise you're a frontrunner. (just relaying what other loser, non alum fabs have said on this board).

welcome back!  maybe you'll stay around and talk basketball during the season rather than wait for your team to go on a big run then start talking about them.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

who envies duke?

welcome back!  maybe you'll stay around and talk basketball during the season rather than wait for your team to go on a big run then start talking about them.

I assure you, I will not "stay around" and watch a middle-aged front running non-alum deadbeat talk basketball on a Jets forum by himself.

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

I assure you, I will not "stay around" and watch a middle-aged front running non-alum deadbeat talk basketball on a Jets forum by himself.

That is b/c you are a frontrunner but I guarantee if Nova makes another deep run you'll chime in.

I tried to get some activity on here but this forum is filled w/ bandwagoners who only want to show up when their teams are winning.  I'll be here whether Carolina is the best team in the Country like this year or 8-20 like 2002.

Just now, nyjunc said:

That is b/c you are a frontrunner but I guarantee if Nova makes another deep run you'll chime in.

I tried to get some activity on here but this forum is filled w/ bandwagoners who only want to show up when their teams are winning.  I'll be here [Everyone on this board prays this is NOT the case] whether Carolina is the best team in the Country like this year or 8-20 like 2002 [Everyone on this board prays this is the case].

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

LOLOLOLOL.

Best teams in the country win national titles.

You wouldn't understand.

Not always.  I do understand, those that don't are the ones that only show up when their teams win.

45 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Everyone envies Duke to some extent:

Great School

#1 Hoops Program

Coolest Unis.

Come on now

I don't envy Duke, but as an actual alum and not a random middle-aged douchebag, you do seem like someone who I'd engage in friendly banter with.

By the way, :)

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

I don't envy Duke, but as an actual alum and not a random middle-aged douchebag, you do seem like someone who I'd engage in friendly banter with.

Agreed, no one at UConn envies Duke either. We've owned them for the better part of two decades when it matters the most.

Still, talking hoops with Azog in the early part of the Duke/UNC thread was 1000x better than anything nyjunk has ever debated with anyone in any thread ever. 

Of course my post had a spec of sarcasm in it. I will forever be a Nova fan after seeing Roy Williams face when the game was over. PRICELESS. And I would not say "owned" the games were always close, which made it that much more painful!!!!! I will forever hate Rip Hamilton too. 

I don't mind Junc's posts. I've seen UNC fans that were much more one sided but I vehemently disagree with him on his views on Coach K. Of course I am biased. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Agreed, no one at UConn envies Duke either. We've owned them for the better part of two decades when it matters the most.

Still, talking hoops with Azog in the early part of the Duke/UNC thread was 1000x better than anything nyjunk has ever debated with anyone in any thread ever. 

Actually once your argument was supported by facts it was tough to ignore it. Facts will always supercede opinion. BUT again optically I don't view UCONN in the same light as UNC, KY, Kansas, etc. May just be my ignorance.

On 4/13/2016 at 10:35 AM, AzogtheDefiler said:

Everyone envies Duke to some extent:

Great School

#1 Hoops Program

Coolest Unis.

Come on now

Their uni's are terrible, especially those black ones.

They are one of the top hoops programs and many would envy them that are below them.

On 4/13/2016 at 0:54 PM, AzogtheDefiler said:

Actually once your argument was supported by facts it was tough to ignore it. Facts will always supercede opinion. BUT again optically I don't view UCONN in the same light as UNC, KY, Kansas, etc. May just be my ignorance.

They aren't in that category, no one thinks they are.

On 4/22/2016 at 3:02 PM, nyjunc said:

Good news for the Heels.  Only Jackson and Micks have declared but neither has hired an agent.  They are going to get feedback at the predraft camps and will likely be back.  

LOL they lose Jackson it is a big loss, meeks is just a JAG, losing brice and paige are already big losses. UNC will be back to normal now, an average team

20 hours ago, afosomf said:

LOL they lose Jackson it is a big loss, meeks is just a JAG, losing brice and paige are already big losses. UNC will be back to normal now, an average team

is there any point in your life that you can act like an adult?

• 3 weeks later...

it's not one you get over and that shot will be replayed a billion times over and over again and make it more painful especially after the incredible Paige shot.  There are certain what if seasons in Carolina history most notably 1977, 1984, 1987, 1998, 2012 but this one is the most painful.  Even if they win it all next year that special group will never be together again.  The way this team and this coach handled the defeat(much better than I did or the fanbase as a whole) was special, it's hard to win it all but this group gave all Carolina fans a special run that will never be forgotten. w/ all that went wrong during the game they were 4.7 secs from getting to OT and most likely winning, just needed one stop but 'Nova made a great play.  I am a Jay Wright fan, I have always been even when 'Nova fans on my old board were trying to run him off.  I always said how much I liked him and he won with class and he has lost with class in the past.  I admire coaches like that.

48 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Of course he won't get over it till his dying breath.

No one likes to admit that the better team won, when they're not on the winning side. Nova took away what would have been his first taste at an untarnished (seemingly) national title. 

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Of course he won't get over it till his dying breath.

No one likes to admit that the better team won, when they're not on the winning side. Nova took away what would have been his first taste at an untarnished (seemingly) national title. 

hahahaha, that was a  good one.  

• 4 months later...

Archived