Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nyjunc

2015-16 NCAA Basketball

Recommended Posts

33 FTAs for duke(and still 6 mins to play) and they aren't exactly pounding it inside.  90% of these fouls have been touch fouls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they pull w/in 6, 3 travels on duke don't get called.  clear charge and they give duke the foul and the basket.  unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only a 16 seed and obviously Carolina should win but Roy Williams extended his streak of never losing a 1st rd game which is amazing and in the process passed his mentor, Dean Smith, for 2nd all time in Tourney wins.  They played awful in the 1st half and great in the 2nd half, hopefully they play more like the 2nd half the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very early but Mich State is down 15-2 to start the game against Mid Ten State.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every time MSU gets w/in a bucket MTSU responds.  MTSU up 3 w/ the ball and a minute left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent the day yesterday with my son at the Wells-Fargo arena in Des Moines for two doubleheaders (he lives in Des Moines).  Beats a day of work, but what an awful slate of games.  After a pretty good opener, Colorado v Uconn, the last three games were all decided by 25+ points.  Kansas over Austin Peay, Indiana over Chattanooga and Kentucky over Stony Brook.  What a disappointing afternoon/evening of games.  Great games all over the country yesterday and today.  Lower seeds hanging tough, pulling off upsets. Everywhere but Des Moines.  Although tomorrow's matchups look really good.  Indiana v Kentucky should be a great game and either team can make a run all the way to Houston.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with 3 national championships, going for her fourth, 3 final four MVP's, a 40-0 perfect season and a 47 game winning streak on her resume, is Breanna Stewart the best college athlete ever if she wins her 4th title ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much of a college hops fan. Same idea as my thoughts on soccer and baseball; respect the athleticism, hard work and strategy but no longer find the game itself compelling. The Mrs was waiting for "60 Minutes" to come on(and why does CBS also during NFL season do that?) , so we were stuck watching the end of VCU/Oklahoma. Or should I say, commercials, foul shots ,coaches yelling at players with greaseboards in hand, refs talking top other refs, commentators babbling. In fact the final 5 minutes took 22 minutes to play. If the finale of your sport is that drawn out and contains almost no game action,there is a problem.In fact it's even less compelling.  Cut the timeouts, give the fouled team the choice of the free throws or the ball and a fresh clock,something. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Not much of a college hops fan. Same idea as my thoughts on soccer and baseball; respect the athleticism, hard work and strategy but no longer find the game itself compelling. The Mrs was waiting for "60 Minutes" to come on(and why does CBS also during NFL season do that?) , so we were stuck watching the end of VCU/Oklahoma. Or should I say, commercials, foul shots ,coaches yelling at players with greaseboards in hand, refs talking top other refs, commentators babbling. In fact the final 5 minutes took 22 minutes to play. If the finale of your sport is that drawn out and contains almost no game action,there is a problem.In fact it's even less compelling.  Cut the timeouts, give the fouled team the choice of the free throws or the ball and a fresh clock,something. 

I'm a huge college hoops fan and agree with you here.  There should be some sort of "use it or lose it" deal with timeouts.  If you have more than 1 timeout left with under 2 minutes left in regulation, you lose those TO's and only have one left regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2016 at 9:15 AM, Larz said:

with 3 national championships, going for her fourth, 3 final four MVP's, a 40-0 perfect season and a 47 game winning streak on her resume, is Breanna Stewart the best college athlete ever if she wins her 4th title ?

She should be considered for it, but she won't because she's not a he. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Not much of a college hops fan. Same idea as my thoughts on soccer and baseball; respect the athleticism, hard work and strategy but no longer find the game itself compelling. The Mrs was waiting for "60 Minutes" to come on(and why does CBS also during NFL season do that?) , so we were stuck watching the end of VCU/Oklahoma. Or should I say, commercials, foul shots ,coaches yelling at players with greaseboards in hand, refs talking top other refs, commentators babbling. In fact the final 5 minutes took 22 minutes to play. If the finale of your sport is that drawn out and contains almost no game action,there is a problem.In fact it's even less compelling.  Cut the timeouts, give the fouled team the choice of the free throws or the ball and a fresh clock,something. 

I agree with everything here. The final 5 minutes of any basketball game with any type of intrigue is ridiculous to say the least....whether college or nba. If I weren't a UConn alum with a lot to cheer for over the past twenty years (saturday night not withstanding), I would probably rarely watch college hoops, if at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it has been a spectacular tourney so far.  Hopefully the heels keep marching on, will be a tough one Fri vs. IU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Not much of a college hops fan. Same idea as my thoughts on soccer and baseball; respect the athleticism, hard work and strategy but no longer find the game itself compelling. The Mrs was waiting for "60 Minutes" to come on(and why does CBS also during NFL season do that?) , so we were stuck watching the end of VCU/Oklahoma. Or should I say, commercials, foul shots ,coaches yelling at players with greaseboards in hand, refs talking top other refs, commentators babbling. In fact the final 5 minutes took 22 minutes to play. If the finale of your sport is that drawn out and contains almost no game action,there is a problem.In fact it's even less compelling.  Cut the timeouts, give the fouled team the choice of the free throws or the ball and a fresh clock,something. 

Only time I watch college hoops is for the tourney and I often record the games so I can fast forward through the dead time near the end.  And I agree with you -- I would love to see a rule change where the fouled team gets the option of free throws or an uncontested inbound pass in the backcourt with reset shot clock.  Never going to happen though, since the intentional fouling means that most games are still "in doubt" down the stretch unless its a 20+ point blowout.  Adds drama.  Drama means rating which means money.  Not going to change anytime soon.

That said, this has been a great tournament so far.  Great games & a lot of drama.  And how about the end of the Northern Iowa - A&M game last night.  A&M forcing multiple turnovers, taking advantage of UNI's meltdown to come back 12 down in the last 40 seconds.  And they did it without the intentional fouls, great trapping defense forcing multiple UNI mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Let's Go Cats

the Cats were eliminated by Indiana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

I am worried about the Devils now. I think Sweet 16 for this team is good. UNC could take it this year. 

you should be, they should have lost in rd 1.  They did a good job to get to the sweet 16 and Oregon is the weakest 1 seed but I can't see them winning 2 games this weekend.  Nice yeara dn they reload next year though Ingram is gone and Jack Tripper could be gone too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

you should be, they should have lost in rd 1.  They did a good job to get to the sweet 16 and Oregon is the weakest 1 seed but I can't see them winning 2 games this weekend.  Nice yeara dn they reload next year though Ingram is gone and Jack Tripper could be gone too.

Agreed. They lose Plumlee, Ingram and likely Allen. But reload with Giles and Tatum and Jefferson can return as a 5th yr. Sr. and play the Plumlee rebounding and D role. Plus Kennard and Thornton will be a year older and hopefully better. Should be a contender if healthy. 

I am also glad to see Brice Johnson go! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Agreed. They lose Plumlee, Ingram and likely Allen. But reload with Giles and Tatum and Jefferson can return as a 5th yr. Sr. and play the Plumlee rebounding and D role. Plus Kennard and Thornton will be a year older and hopefully better. Should be a contender if healthy. 

I am also glad to see Brice Johnson go! :)

I love this Carolina team, I am really sad to see Brice and Paige go.  It's been fun, a throwback watching all these guys over 4 years and they have led this program through a difficult time which they had nothing to do with. No matter what happens these next 2 weeks this will be one of my all time favorite Carolina teams but it would be a lot of fun if they can win it all.

IF Hicks and Jackson come back Carolina should be a top 20 team but I think Hicks may be playing himself to leave early.  In the old days no one ever left unless they were projected lottery(except for Jeff McInnis) but in recent years they have lost guys early to the 2nd round so they could still lose some guys here.  I hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I love this Carolina team, I am really sad to see Brice and Paige go.  It's been fun, a throwback watching all these guys over 4 years and they have led this program through a difficult time which they had nothing to do with. No matter what happens these next 2 weeks this will be one of my all time favorite Carolina teams but it would be a lot of fun if they can win it all.

IF Hicks and Jackson come back Carolina should be a top 20 team but I think Hicks may be playing himself to leave early.  In the old days no one ever left unless they were projected lottery(except for Jeff McInnis) but in recent years they have lost guys early to the 2nd round so they could still lose some guys here.  I hope not.

NBA life is glamorous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...