Tyrod Taylor to miss multiple weeks ... reported by LaConforna

Integrity28

I think a lot of us have said it.  It is one thing to run sometimes for first downs, and another to play Gale Sayers out there.  They won last week because he is a great runner.  Otherwise they lose.  But pro offenses cannot put their eggs in that basket. It is a proven fact.

Hmmmmmm just luv the Kansas Gale Sayers reference here.  He was and is my favorite RB of all time...... Very nice!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get it.  Everyone associated with those 2009 and 2010 playoff teams were awesome and stayed awesome.  Which is why we had an overall losing record from 2011-2014. 

I like to discuss the truth not whiny fanspeak complaining about everything negative and forgetting all the positive.

Hell, I would not be surprised if Rex told him at halftime, "we're gonna need you to win this with your legs kid" lmao.

The only reason Rex brought someone in to teach Sanchez to slide was the media said he was gonna get hurt. 

The Jets coaching made Sanchez WORSE over time, it was unbelievable!

not all 9-7s are created equal, we were much better in 2009 at 9-7 than 2008 at 9-7.  we actually made the playoffs and won playoff games w/ a rookie QB as in 2008 we couldn't make it w/ a HOF QB and no Brady around to torment us.

if a random person were to listen to you talk about the jets they would leave with the understanding that the 2009-10 jets were a dynasty and that sanchez was our best qb in history besides joe namath, and that rex was our best coach

The Jets did NOT acquire tim Tebow to be a QB, they acquired him to be a Brad Smith type player. 

If you mean the Jets acquired Tebow to be a gadget player when you say a "Brad Smith type player" then I would agree. Tebow was not like Brad Smith except they both occasionally threw the ball and really only fit the roster as a gadget player. Brad Smith and Tebow were otherwise nothing alike. Brad Smith was fast and could throw the ball decently when needed. He could also play WR. Tebow bowled over defenders and couldn't throw for piss. His idea of catching passes was headbutting the ball with his helmet.

I would agree that Tebow was not brought in to compete against or replace Sanchez. Rex was enamored with Sanchez and was not going to replace him. I'm not sure I would agree that Tebow wasn't brought in to be a QB, just that he was meant to compliment Sanchez in a sort of two QB set where Tebow was a QB/RB hybrid but Sporano had no idea what he was doing with that.

if a random person were to listen to you talk about the jets they would leave with the understanding that the 2009-10 jets were a dynasty and that sanchez was our best qb in history besides joe namath, and that rex was our best coach

I'm pretty sure he's outright said all that before.

Interesting that they signed another "running" QB in Josh Johnson.  I wonder if Rex has this Randall Cunningham obsession from his old man. 

Also interesting in that Rex's teams tend to pick up remnants from offenses that have given his D a hard time in the past.  Sparano and the wildcat gave the team fits in 2009. Tebow in 2011.  Greg Roman in 2012.  Wouldn't be surprised if the team goes hard after Kap this offseason. 

Yes if a scheme or player burns Ryan's D it must be because they are magical, not because his D just broke down.

they would get educated and not just rely on whiny fans to bash every season besides 1968.  I deal in reality, you guys are in la la land. 

If a random person were to listen to you they would think we were 1-15 in 2009 and 2010 and that Joe Namath is the best QB to ever play the game.

If you mean the Jets acquired Tebow to be a gadget player when you say a "Brad Smith type player" then I would agree. Tebow was not like Brad Smith except they both occasionally threw the ball and really only fit the roster as a gadget player. Brad Smith and Tebow were otherwise nothing alike. Brad Smith was fast and could throw the ball decently when needed. He could also play WR. Tebow bowled over defenders and couldn't throw for piss. His idea of catching passes was headbutting the ball with his helmet.

I would agree that Tebow was not brought in to compete against or replace Sanchez. Rex was enamored with Sanchez and was not going to replace him. I'm not sure I would agree that Tebow wasn't brought in to be a QB, just that he was meant to compliment Sanchez in a sort of two QB set where Tebow was a QB/RB hybrid but Sporano had no idea what he was doing with that.

he was brought in to be a wildcat/gadget player.  he was not brought here to play QB or to compete w/ our QB.

he was brought in to be a wildcat/gadget player.  he was not brought here to play QB or to compete w/ our QB.

true, which is why Sanchez received an extension after the trade, just to emphasize that point.  You dont give  a guy a raise and extension if he's competing for his job.

true, which is why Sanchez received an extension after the trade, just to emphasize that point.

it sucks that he was our big move of that offseason on offense.  after Keller and Holmes got hurt our QB had schilens and Stephen Hill starting w/ Chaz Schilens thrown in as well and we expected him to improve.

I can't wait to see how Jeanie spins this into a great move by Rex that has the city of Buffalo excited for the playoffs. 

Nobody figured on the number of injuries we have this season.  Just pray you don't find your team in the same position.

Not sure what the big deal is here, Taylor is nothing special.  He did very little vs tennessee until running all the time later in the game and tennessee failed to adjust.  Off that game the bills deserve to be 2-3 if not for some conservative play calling by the tennessee coach.  (Yet another in a long list of very good coordinators that suck as head coaches.)

The Dallas Cowboys, who are winless in three games without Tony Romo as their starting quarterback, intend to start Matt Cassel under center when they return from their bye week, a league source told ESPN.

Brandon Weeden, who has been the starter during Dallas' three-game losing streak, was informed by Cowboys coaches that Cassel will start in Week 7 against the New York Giants, according to the source.

Cassel, who was acquired in a trade with the Bills after Romo was injured in Week 2, was promoted to the No. 2 quarterback spot last week ahead of Kellen Moore.

betta get your popcorn jeaniec !!!!!!!

so you don't think losing McCoy, Watkins and now their starting QB is a big deal?  the D has really only played poorly in the NE game. 

They (McCoy, Watkins and Karlos) are a huge loss for us.  Looks like Watkins and Karlos will be back on Sunday.  McCoy will probably be out until after the bye week.  I may be a bit overly optimistic but it wouldn't surprise me to see tyrod back this Sunday.  This kid is  very resilient.

The Dallas Cowboys, who are winless in three games without Tony Romo as their starting quarterback, intend to start Matt Cassel under center when they return from their bye week, a league source told ESPN.

Brandon Weeden, who has been the starter during Dallas' three-game losing streak, was informed by Cowboys coaches that Cassel will start in Week 7 against the New York Giants, according to the source.

Cassel, who was acquired in a trade with the Bills after Romo was injured in Week 2, was promoted to the No. 2 quarterback spot last week ahead of Kellen Moore.

betta get your popcorn jeaniec !!!!!!!

No and if you go back and read my posts,  I didn't have my popcorn when Geno's jaw got broken.  It's the difference between good and bad sportsmanship.

they would get educated and not just rely on whiny fans to bash every season besides 1968.  I deal in reality, you guys are in la la land. 

If a random person were to listen to you they would think we were 1-15 in 2009 and 2010 and that Joe Namath is the best QB to ever play the game.

not true at all. they would think the 2009 team got lucky to get into play-offs because the colts played their back-ups...only to get whooped when the real colts played them in the afc game. the 2010 team played pretty well but they waited until the second half of the ac game to show up and therefore lost. after that they'd hear that tannenbaum destroyed the roster and screwed the cap up. they would then learn that the best team jets team since the joe namath jets was really the 1998 jets.

Ouch.  He was balling.  Pretty much carrying an injury riddled offense.  

Wonder how serious it is? Those type of sprains tend to nag.  They unfortunately have a favorable schedule after the Bengals (who Taylor wasnt beating anyway).  @Jax, bye, Miami...but Manuel is terrible so who knows.  . 

The AFC is 3 undefeated teams.  The Jets, Steelers, Colts, Bills all above .500.  And nothing but pure poop after that.  If Taylor has to miss a few weeks, that could be crippling for the Bills. 

No and if you go back and read my posts,  I didn't have my popcorn when Geno's jaw got broken.  It's the difference between good and bad sportsmanship.

I meant get ready for cassell to play well in dallas and for the long knives to come out in buffalo

Archived