Tyrod Taylor to miss multiple weeks ... reported by LaConforna

Integrity28

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand corrected then, was the play I was talking about happen before or after the horse collar?

After. Taylor came up limping, they got the cheap 15 yard penalty on a bad horse-collar call (defender had a grip on the jersey), then they ran the trick play with Taylor limping out into the flat. Genius football. 

The key to this is seen by jeaniec's conflicting responses and as pointed out by Jet Nut above. 

Is  it Rex's or the OC's schemes? 

When things go well praise is definitely spread and when things go poorly as they must in the NFL the lens is on the OC cause the "defense is great, just look at the stats". 

There is a reason why Schotty, Sparano and Marty all had the same essential flavor as OCs while Rex was the HC of the Jets .... and why Roman, Buffalo's current OC who is consider by many to be an excellent offensive mind has now begun to look like in play calling,  as INSANE as the previous three OCs under Rex.

Any fan of Buffalo knows that Roman is already getting heat for "his play calling" when he seems to be doing what the HC wants...

C'mon man, you know that's bullsh*t as much as I do. 49er fans were literally calling for Roman's head because of play calling on the niners last year. 

The key to this is seen by jeaniec's conflicting responses and as pointed out by Jet Nut above. 

Is  it Rex's or the OC's schemes? 

When things go well praise is definitely spread and when things go poorly as they must in the NFL the lens is on the OC cause the "defense is great, just look at the stats". 

There is a reason why Schotty, Sparano and Marty all had the same essential flavor as OCs while Rex was the HC of the Jets .... and why Roman, Buffalo's current OC who is consider by many to be an excellent offensive mind has now begun to look like in play calling,  as INSANE as the previous three OCs under Rex.

Any fan of Buffalo knows that Roman is already getting heat for "his play calling" when he seems to be doing what the HC wants...

Charlie:  They were Roman's schemes.  

The Big Mouth Coach doesn't have a QB, but he's got his excuse. Again. Like a guy who kills his parents and then complains he's an orphan.

Taylor might still be a decent QB, but trying to run with his slight non-Cam Newton physique was asking for trouble. He'll never find out until he gets a real HC who understands offense. 

Coffee straight to nostrils on that one.  LOL

Driving our team into the ground wasn't enough?

Guess you don't know how karma works then. why would you. Even if he did run the team into the ground, which is debatable, karma is not your personal vendetta machine

Send geno upstate for rex to continue his unfinished project. I remember reading rex wanted to trade for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no he didn't. He detests Geno and holds him in the same place as he does Idzik. You need to review your reading material 

Yup, he was carrying them... because the defense has looked like dookie. 

Now... Rex has gotten his dose of karma... it's time for Belichick to choke his down too.

For what it's worth I approve of and miss all to much the usage of the word Dookie in society today.

As it stands right now,  I can't see Roman getting fired.  He has a lot of respect from the front office

The O Coordinator goes first on a Rex squad.

Then the GM gets the axe for his awful drafts that Rex helped him pick the players. Then. finally after 5 years have gone by Rex is the last to go when the fans cant take it anymore and ownership has to fire him.

The O Coordinator goes first on a Rex squad.

Then the GM gets the axe for his awful drafts that Rex helped him pick the players. Then. finally after 5 years have gone by Rex is the last to go when the fans cant take it anymore and ownership has to fire him.

You've seen this act already? Should have at least given us a "spoiler alert.":D Seriously, you nailed it right on the head.

As much as I want to trade Geno, but if Fitzy gets injured... I don't want to ruin Petty.

or our season. We have a shot at making a playoff run I think it's asinine some jet fans want a raw rookie who looked just ok in the preseason facing 3rd stringers as our backup qb rest of the season.

lol, nice

seriously though, i don't believe they win 9 games, do you?

It's possible.  I think they actually beat Cincinnati this week.  Bengals are coming off a difficult win against Seattle and I just can't see Andy Dalton going 6 straight weeks without a bad game.  But in typical Rex fashion they'll come off their bye week and lose to the Jaguars 2 weeks later. 

It's possible.  I think they actually beat Cincinnati this week.  Bengals are coming off a difficult win against Seattle and I just can't see Andy Dalton going 6 straight weeks without a bad game.  But in typical Rex fashion they'll come off their bye week and lose to the Jaguars 2 weeks later. 

I think Cincy is going to kill them.

Jags will beat them after the bye, yes.

C'mon man, you know that's bullsh*t as much as I do. 49er fans were literally calling for Roman's head because of play calling on the niners last year. 

I could list scores of articles for you and shall provide a few links. I am not arguing that Roman is great now did I? I specifically stated that many, not me, but many consider him a good OC even with the poor play of San Fran last year.  Why?

Because maybe just maybe the QB play was so erratic last year that no OC could have turned it around.  That is why Roman was given a pass last year.

Indeed to quote just one glowing fluff piece which states that in the four seasons "in which Roman was in charge of San Francisco's offense the 49ers attack ranked second in total rushing yards (8,912), second in rushing yards per game (139.3), third in rushing attempts (1,965) and third in rushes of 10 yards or more (267). They also ranked sixth in yards per carry average (4.54)." 

Hardly horrific offensive play.

Here are those promised links......

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Camp-Countdown-3-ways-Greg-Roman-will-help-the-offense-most/65fffb5d-cd83-4a56-aab3-1f42027a3293

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/6/23/8830687/greg-roman-viewed-by-some-as-a-top-10-offensive-coordinator

Indeed even articles critical of him say Roman is an HC type OC and the 49ers might regret letting him go:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2015/01/06/could-greg-roman-go-from-offensive-goat-to-successful-head-coach/

or

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_27306567/kawakami-blaming-greg-roman-is-pure-49ers-folly

I could go and on and on but trust me many folks that make football their living think that Roman is a good coach and an excellent OC that is why the Bills are paying him despite what some yahoo fans think out in San Francisco.

Hope you're right.  If they lose, 8-8 is their destiny.

I'm looking at their schedule...

The only games on there that I could see them winning without a doubt are Houston, Kansas City and Washington... I think they'll lose both to the Pats, maybe they split with us and the Dolphins, but I'm not banking on it.

I'd say the worst they do is 6 wins, I'll given Roman that much credit for building a solid offense.

Archived