Tyrod Taylor to miss multiple weeks ... reported by LaConforna

Integrity28

I am so glad that we seem to be done with the wildcat.

I was done w/ the WC in 2010.  we still made a play here and there but it had lost the effectiveness of 2009 plus we had a much better pass O and didn't need the gadgets as much.

not true at all. they would think the 2009 team got lucky to get into play-offs because the colts played their back-ups...only to get whooped when the real colts played them in the afc game. the 2010 team played pretty well but they waited until the second half of the ac game to show up and therefore lost. after that they'd hear that tannenbaum destroyed the roster and screwed the cap up. they would then learn that the best team jets team since the joe namath jets was really the 1998 jets.

the Jets were whooped so badly by the Colts they had a double digit lead at one point in the 2nd qtr and still led in the 3rd qtr.

they did what they had to do to make the playoffs.  In 1993 we faced Oiler backups needing one win to reach the playoffs. we lost 24-0.

also, we trailed Indy 15-10 midway through the 3rd when they pulled starters so we have no idea how that game ends.  think about the SD playoff game, we trailed that one 7-3 midway through the 3rd qtr.  if that is week 17 and they rest starters everyone would have said we had no chance w/ the starters in but they played the game and we won.

I think it's very close btw 1998 and 2010 as far as 2nd best team in jets history.  we won 1 more game and the division in 1998 but we also didn't have a team like the Pats in the division and unlike 1998 we had a chance late in the title game to win it.

Tebow was never anything special, but he had some success with Denver. What I never got; the Broncos made a point of running him wide, getting home outside vs. DBs and LBs, and it worked to a  degree. The Rex/Jets instead exclusively ran him up the middle vs. the teeth of 300 DTs. Made no sense, but that's what happens when your HC farms out the offense because he hasn't a clue. 

nothing about that 2012 offense made sense.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i meant Roman and not Ryan

Ah Jeanie, didn't I tell you just a couple weeks back in one of the Rex threads that the oc (any oc of Rex's, in this case Roman) would be tossed under the bus the very moment anything went wrong by the fan base?  And you insisted that would not be the case with you.  I thus quote for you Matthew 26:33-35  "Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will." "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "This very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same."

You have denied Roman one time, before the cock crows you shall have denied him twice more.  I will be watching....

Ah Jeanie, didn't I tell you just a couple weeks back in one of the Rex threads that the oc (any oc of Rex's, in this case Roman) would be tossed under the bus the very moment anything went wrong by the fan base?  And you insisted that would not be the case with you.  I thus quote for you Matthew 26:33-35  "Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will." "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "This very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same."

You have denied Roman one time, before the cock crows you shall have denied him twice more.  I will be watching....

Taylor mentioned in a post game interview that Greg Roman called the play.  If you ever watch a game and see Greg Roman on the side line,  you will also see for yourself who is calling the O line's plays.  I am not throwing Roman under the bus.  Love Greg Roman.   Just stating a fact.

This is one the most clever posts you have ever written either here or on JI...

Very humorous and telling...  :)

And false.  

I know... I know.. But it was funny..

The truth is while it doesn't apply to you, you know as well I do there are plenty of threads on Buffalo Bills message boards already throwing Roman under the bus despite the significant injuries the offense has had to deal with since the start of the season!

You have to be a little bit curious as to why, right? 

And what folks out here are saying it isn't a coincidence that the OC will be the first one with tire marks on them when things go wrong.

No doubt that the Bills are tough and the QB was playing very well considering the circumstances. 

But facts are facts and the OC is already under the microscope in Buffalo and I believe unjustly.

Think on this, under Levy would this even be a discussion?

And I don't care what Rex says those Levy teams were off the chart, disciplined, aggressive and determined. No finger pointing even after losing MULTIPLE SBs!!!

Why hasn't that organization brought Marv back in an advisory capacity? He could still be of some real help.

The truth is while it doesn't apply to you, you know as well I do there are plenty of threads on Buffalo Bills message boards already throwing Roman under the bus despite the significant injuries the offense has had to deal with since the start of the season!

And what folks out here are saying it isn't a coincidence that the OC will be the first one with tire marks on them when things go wrong.

No doubt that the Bills are tough and the QB was playing very well considering the circumstances. 

But facts are facts and the OC is already under the microscope in Buffalo and I believe unjustly.

And I don't care what Rex says those Levy teams were off the chart, disciplined, aggressive and determined. No finger pointing even after losing MULTIPLE SBs!!!

Why hasn't that organization brought Marv back in an advisory capacity? He could still be of some real help.

How many organizations have 90 year old advisers?? 

Taylor mentioned in a post game interview that Greg Roman called the play.  If you ever watch a game and see Greg Roman on the side line,  you will also see for yourself who is calling the O line's plays.  I am not throwing Roman under the bus.  Love Greg Roman.   Just stating a fact.

Roman called the play that got the QB hurt, Roman will call all the plays, Roman will start to or has already been getting roasted by Buff fans.  This is a total hall mark of Rex's tenures.  He was perfect for the Bills for this very reason, it is a clone of when he came to the Jets.  A talent loaded established defense and lots of ? on offense.  As long as the D plays well that is all Rex really cares about.  Oh he wants to win but there is a total disconnect between winning and his overall actions as a head coach.  This is like looking in a mirror 6 or so years ago.

Roman will be blasted as an oc sooner than later and it will be a triumph if he lasts more than one year.  Oc's under rex never get the benefit he is given.  Starting QB suspect and hurt?  Watkins hurt?  Starting Rb hurt?  who cares, the oc is junk.  Rex gets a CB or two hurt and oh, it's not his fault how is he expected to coach with no CBs'

Watch it unfold, watch it on any Bills forums you frequent, the oc will be crushed very soon.

Roman called the play that got the QB hurt, Roman will call all the plays, Roman will start to or has already been getting roasted by Buff fans.  This is a total hall mark of Rex's tenures.  He was perfect for the Bills for this very reason, it is a clone of when he came to the Jets.  A talent loaded established defense and lots of ? on offense.  As long as the D plays well that is all Rex really cares about.  Oh he wants to win but there is a total disconnect between winning and his overall actions as a head coach.  This is like looking in a mirror 6 or so years ago.

Roman will be blasted as an oc sooner than later and it will be a triumph if he lasts more than one year.  Oc's under rex never get the benefit he is given.  Starting QB suspect and hurt?  Watkins hurt?  Starting Rb hurt?  who cares, the oc is junk.  Rex gets a CB or two hurt and oh, it's not his fault how is he expected to coach with no CBs'

Watch it unfold, watch it on any Bills forums you frequent, the oc will be crushed very soon.

Shotty was getting trashed in 2007 during the 4-12 season whose fault was that??

They did actually....  about 12 years ago.  Not sure how long he stayed.  BUT, he is 90.

Yep. Rex is the face of the organization and the supposed defensive mastermind of the team. He's Teflon Rex when it comes to criticism and most of it will be deflected onto the OC no matter how much of the offense's problems are roster, injury, or HC driven.

To be fair, none of the OCs during Rex's tenure here were anything to celebrate. Schottenheimer has slid into college coaching and Sporano, well, who's going to brag about that guy. MM seemed promising but turned out to be pretty terrible himself.

Roman is certainly in a class above what we had with Rex. It's too bad he's going to feel the burn of Rex's deflections.

Yes,  I am a  suspect of the injuries.  I saw a list of injured players  yesterday that included 24 players.  Some of the players listed didn't miss any games but the underlying truth here is that about 45% of our players suffer some type of injury.  I really enjoy watching |Tyrod play.  However,  it was always at the forefront of my mind that he would get hurt.  I hope he's back soon.  For now,  we will just have to give EJ a chance.   I agree,  we do have a tough team.  There's no doubt our roster is at least a playoff potential.   At this point,  with all the injuries,  it doesn't do us much good.  

Marv Levy,  a cancer survivor,  is 90 years old.  Although he's been in Buffalo quite a bit,  I don't think he's in a place in life where he wants to work in any capacity. 

False.

He was brought in here to play QB, and to finally bring in someone to allegedly push Sanchez. That is why they let Stanton go after demoting him to #3 upon locking up the Tebow trade. Then again, they said finally Sanchez would have someone (Tebow) "push" him after guaranteeing him 8-figure money for each of the next 2 seasons. Oh man I love this team.

he was never brought in here to compete w/ mark no matter what you may hear.  he was brought in as a gadget guy/backup QB.

Yes,  I am a  suspect of the injuries.  I saw a list of injured players  yesterday that included 24 players.  Some of the players listed didn't miss any games but the underlying truth here is that about 45% of our players suffer some type of injury.  I really enjoy watching |Tyrod play.  However,  it was always at the forefront of my mind that he would get hurt.  I hope he's back soon.  For now,  we will just have to give EJ a chance.   I agree,  we do have a tough team.  There's no doubt our roster is at least a playoff potential.   At this point,  with all the injuries,  it doesn't do us much good.  

Marv Levy,  a cancer survivor,  is 90 years old.  Although he's been in Buffalo quite a bit,  I don't think he's in a place in life where he wants to work in any capacity. 

Dont let these meanies get to you jeanie.  This board is like a pack of wolves.  They get something stupid stuck in their head and they all jump on it no matter how off they are, especially when it comes to former players or coaches who have done them some moral injustice.

Tyrod wasnt destined to get hurt.  That's stupid and anyone claiming they knew it was bound to happen is full of it...dont you become one of them.  Russell Wilson has been sacked more than any other QB in the league and has the 2nd most rushing attempts in the league by a QB.  He's a very small guy, should Seattle expect him to get hurt and be uber confident in Tavaris Jackson?  Of course not.  That's not how it works. 

Roman has been doing a fantastic job.  The Bills are 7th in the league in scoring with first year starter Tyrod Taylor and an injury riddled offense.  Roman is doing just fine. The teams who score more than the Bills are led by Palmer, Brady, Rodgers, Eli and Dalton.   A little different than first year starter Tyrod Taylor, no? 

Shotty was getting trashed in 2007 during the 4-12 season whose fault was that??

Funny thing about Shotty, you know those two AFC title games we went to?  Notice how in relation to those it is always, Mark Sanchez got us there or Rex Ryan got us there and never once a word about our oc getting us there?  An oc who had to put up with an inaccurate turnover prone, at times immature QB his first couple of years in the league.  All that shotty ever got was a huge dumping on.  Like I said OC's always get ripped badly when they deserve it and when they don't deserve it.

Funny thing about Shotty, you know those two AFC title games we went to?  Notice how in relation to those it is always, Mark Sanchez got us there or Rex Ryan got us there and never once a word about our oc getting us there?  An oc who had to put up with an inaccurate turnover prone, at times immature QB his first couple of years in the league.  All that shotty ever got was a huge dumping on.  Like I said OC's always get ripped badly when they deserve it and when they don't deserve it.

His Georgia Bulldogs are currently putting up 37+ points per game.  Holla.

he was never brought in here to compete w/ mark no matter what you may hear.  he was brought in as a gadget guy/backup QB.

One of the few times I'll agree with you on anything Qb related.  Rex had visions of the ultimate wildcat weapon when they got tebow, Sparano we learn afterwards had almost no real commitment to the wildcat.  The unfortunate part is to get tebow to come here Tanny and or Rex promised tebow he would be the backup QB.  A very ill fated promise which cost us Stanton, who though great shakes was an actual legit possible back up.

How many organizations have 90 year old advisers?? 

Don't know but I just love Marv Levy!

I was in grad school at UB and that Buffalo team showed me what a quality NFL team was supposed to look like.

Just a great man, great coach and even a better human being.

One more thing I will tell you what, I would take Marv today at 90 over 1/3 of the so called NFL HCs roaming the sidelines today; though that would probably kill Levy so that wouldn't be such a hot idea ...  :o

His Georgia Bulldogs are currently putting up 37+ points per game.  Holla.

Haha - Until they faced Bama and dropped a whopping 10pts at home.  

That offense should be interesting moving forward without Chubb.  Lambert isnt very good.

Thank you Jif.     I agree that Tyrod wasn't destined to get hurt.  In all honesty,  mainly because of his size,  it was a concern of mine. I had hoped it wouldn't happen.   Tyrod is very resilient.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him back on the field a week from Sunday.  Simply stated,  nothing seems to stop this kid (T-mobile). The signing of Josh Johnson is just a precautionary measure -IMO. 

I love Greg Roman.   I don't blame him for the injuries.   Players are most likely getting hurt as a result of exercising new play schemes (and Roman does have a number of these).  It's almost like (if not the same) as exercising   muscles that haven't  been used before.  The tendency is to be sore,  or in the case of football , injured.  If all goes well, the majority of our injured players   should be active within the next three weeks.  This gives us 2 games without starters such as  Mc Coy, Taylor, Karlos Williams.  Watkins is due back this week and there's a strong possibility that Karlos will be back in too.  Our season is far from over.  

Is there an NFL fanbase that doesn't criticized their coaching staff after a loss or poorly played game?

Zero.  But that's not what he's saying.  Rex consistently runs teams that make the same types of mistakes over and over and over again.  At some point, after people have had their fill of making excuses for the guy (blaming the OC, for instance), that constant criticism is justifiable. 

During the latter part of the Rex era, many of our WINS had people saying afterwards "We won....but.....".  It's not always just the losses that lead to negative vibes.  It's the way the team plays.

Zero.  But that's not what he's saying.  Rex consistently runs teams that make the same types of mistakes over and over and over again.  At some point, after people have had their fill of making excuses for the guy (blaming the OC, for instance), that constant criticism is justifiable.  The complaints during the latter part of the Rex era many of our WINS had people saying afterwards "We won....but.....".  It's not always just the losses that lead to negative vibes.  It's the way the team plays.

we had no talent the last few years, we were scratching and clawing to win any way we could.  it was amazing the # of wins we had relative the talent we had.

Zero.  But that's not what he's saying.  Rex consistently runs teams that make the same types of mistakes over and over and over again.  At some point, after people have had their fill of making excuses for the guy (blaming the OC, for instance), that constant criticism is justifiable.  The complaints during the latter part of the Rex era many of our WINS had people saying afterwards "We won....but.....".  It's not always just the losses that lead to negative vibes.  It's the way the team plays.

Well the posted started out blaming Rex for making the o line calls.  I said that Greg Roman makes the o line calls.  Now,  it's being said that Rex is blaming Greg Roman. This is not true.  

Romo is injured, Brees missed a game, Luck is injured, Cutler missed a game, McCown missed a game, Brady's missed a year, Manning too - all types of QB's get hurt...not just the ones who run.  

You're right about this Jif.   These reminders really help when one is down and out about an injured player.  Especially one that is so well-liked.

Romo is injured, Brees missed a game, Luck is injured, Cutler missed a game, McCown missed a game, Brady's missed a year, Manning too - all types of QB's get hurt...not just the ones who run.  

It's all about having the body to take the physical punishment of the NFL and being smart when you run.  RG3, for instance, has neither of these attributes, and thus gets hurt all the time. 

Archived