JetNation Week 6 FanDuel League

Maxman

Our FanDuel league for week six is here. For those that haven’t played with us before, this is a one week fantasy football league. When you enter you pick a lineup and compete against other people from JetNation.

Click here to enter

1. 1st :$450
  2. 2nd :$325
  3. 3rd :$250
  4. 4th :$175
  5. 5th :$150
  6. 6th – 7th:$125
  7. 8th – 9th:$100
  8. 10th – 13th:$75
  9. 14th – 16th:$50
  10. 17th – 20th:$45
  11. 21st – 25th:$40
  12. 26th – 30th:$35
  13. 31st – 35th:$30
  14. 36th – 50th:$25
  15. 51st – 100th:$20

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually judging by his avatar, he is a Vikings fan. 

That's Randy Moss mooning the crowd.

I believe "straightcashhomiez" might be the poster formerly called "StraightCash" or "BrettW4rd" from here. I could be wrong. I haven't seen him post here in forever, he used to play teh mafia goodness.

I stand corrected, there is now a "straightcashhomiez" member on this site, joined 19 minutes ago. LOL

You have to remember, @Maxman  promotes this thing on Facebook, so it's going to draw in all sorts of peeps. This person has played wins in 3000+ fanduel games, so he's probably not from the board - but joined after looking at the title of the contest.

That's Randy Moss mooning the crowd.

I believe "straightcashhomiez" might be the poster formerly called "StraightCash" or "BrettW4rd" from here. I could be wrong. I haven't seen him post here in forever, he used to play teh mafia goodness.

I stand corrected, there is now a "straightcashhomiez" member on this site, joined 19 minutes ago. LOL

You have to remember, @Maxman  promotes this thing on Facebook, so it's going to draw in all sorts of peeps. This person has played wins in 3000+ fanduel games, so he's probably not from the board - but joined after looking at the title of the contest.

We haven't put any of these leagues of Facebook. We do tweet them, but we don't use any hashtags to minimize ringers finding it. Now certainly people can search for the text and find it. But Facebook is tough when you post links, so we don't even bother there right now.

straightcashhomiez

Above named guy owns 39 of the 40 entries. I hope he is from this board :)

I just have the max limit of 25.  I usually join later in the week to not draw much attention, but when I saw the Week 5 link was active for the Week 6 contest before it was announced, decided to jump in and stir things up a bit. 

I have enjoyed reading the conversion here each week.  When I found this contest at the start of the season and read that it often did not fill last year, figured it would be a good league to play.  Now the Fanduel is paying out a 20% bonus above the entry fees, rather than the normal 80-90% prize pool, it’s too good a value to pass up.

I just have the max limit of 25.  I usually join later in the week to not draw much attention, but when I saw the Week 5 link was active for the Week 6 contest before it was announced, decided to jump in and stir things up a bit. 

I have enjoyed reading the conversion here each week.  When I found this contest at the start of the season and read that it often did not fill last year, figured it would be a good league to play.  Now the Fanduel is paying out a 20% bonus above the entry fees, rather than the normal 80-90% prize pool, it’s too good a value to pass up.

Welcome to the board. So are you a Vikings fan? I am still mad at our old GM Idzik for passing up on Teddy Bridgewater. So how do you thin Jets will do this year? You got tons of winning on Fan Duel so looks like you know about football :) 

Welcome to the board. So are you a Vikings fan? I am still mad at our old GM Idzik for passing up on Teddy Bridgewater. So how do you thin Jets will do this year? You got tons of winning on Fan Duel so looks like you know about football :) 

Yes - Vikings fan.  I think Coach Bowles has the team going in the right direction.  Seems like for years (and this pre-season) there was so much counter-productive nonsense going on, but it looks like the culture of the team is transforming.  Having an aggressive opportunistic defense is a big improvement also.  Always been a fan of Eric Decker, he’s from Minnesota, don’t ‘cha know!

We haven't put any of these leagues of Facebook. We do tweet them, but we don't use any hashtags to minimize ringers finding it. Now certainly people can search for the text and find it. But Facebook is tough when you post links, so we don't even bother there right now.

Oh, well, I knew I saw it on social media at some point - just had the wrong platform.

Yes - Vikings fan.  I think Coach Bowles has the team going in the right direction.  Seems like for years (and this pre-season) there was so much counter-productive nonsense going on, but it looks like the culture of the team is transforming.  Having an aggressive opportunistic defense is a big improvement also.  Always been a fan of Eric Decker, he’s from Minnesota, don’t ‘cha know!

Vikings fan?????  Welcome bro.  I used to love watching Chris Carter play.  He had the best hands.    Don't be coming in here and taking our money away!!!  lol

lol i guess its a good thing for jet nation numbers that professional fan duel sharks are posting here now.....enjoy your time here!

I think the Ape follows himself on Social media

I'm actually not a big fan of social media, but it's something I have to at least pretend to be interested in professionally.

Contributing to this site is the closest I come to "regular use" of any social web platform. Even on facebook, I do enough to keep the extended family flush with pictures of my daughter and not much more. 

I just made a team that I'm so confident in that I might cry. Without a doubt, that team will score 80.67 points this week.

Outside of that 1 lucky week you've been the Washington Generals.  If I want to see your teams I click the *last page* arrow and go from there.

^^  this guy is weird.

Outside of that 1 lucky week you've been the Washington Generals.  If I want to see your teams I click the *last page* arrow and go from there.

I make about 5 teams per week. I diversify to avoid getting porked by an injury, and as a result I usually end up with one or two teams at the bottom, a couple teams in the middle, and one team in the top 10/15, so I can play the next week without going back into my pocket. The problem, as we know, is that diversity is expensive. 

If this guy is going to max out 25 teams each week, and probably tell some of his other buddies, our "private" Jets league just went to sh*t.  Maybe we need to lower the max number so its not as appealing for FD rats to jump in and ruin a good thing we have.  And this guy could care less about reading a Jets forum.....really?  He's here because he found a good deal...at least he was honest about that part.  

for future weeks set the max entries per contestant to 4 or 5.  That's what I usually play + my sons play another 4-5.  Definitely don't want "fanduel trolls" putting in 25 entries.  That's insane and it makes the experience sucky..

Don't think this guy is a fanduel troll..  he did find the contest on his own and has played every week.  Plus I'm sure Max appreciates him signing up and posting.

There is no easy fix..  if he doesn't enter 25 times then the REAL fanduel trolls will be the ones filling the contest up.

If you set the max # of entries at 5 then more times than not we'll be seeing a page 1 full of people we don't recognize.

If you limit the entries I'd think 10 is the way to go but there are still going to be 100 plus non JI participants.

Thanks Pac!  I think there is just a natural conflict here as members want different experiences out of a contest.  For those who want a more casual friendly competition, a private league can be created that would offer little incentive for outsiders to join.  For those who want to take a shot at a generous prize pool, with a relatively small group, this contest is a great opportunity.

Like everyone else, I would prefer that this league does not hit the Fanduel lobby Sunday morning.  The fact that it is not filling quickly does indicate that it is still pretty under the radar of most competitive players.

for future weeks set the max entries per contestant to 4 or 5.  That's what I usually play + my sons play another 4-5.  Definitely don't want "fanduel trolls" putting in 25 entries.  That's insane and it makes the experience sucky..

I know a lot of people are up money for the year by finishing consistently in 97th place each week. That doesn't sound like a sucky experience to me.

I know a lot of people are up money for the year by finishing consistently in 97th place each week. That doesn't sound like a sucky experience to me.

I guess it doesn't matter because at 12:40, Fanduel will post the tournament in their lobby to fill it if it has not been filled.  So either way, we are going to get a lot of non JN folks there. 

By the way, in addition to the  NY State Atty General's investigation, there is now a Federal investigation (FBI)  in progress looking into the shenanigans going on among Fanduel and Draftking employees using protected info (% each player has been chosen by others) to gain a Belichickian unfair advantage in the Dailies.

Better caul Saul Ted Wells.  Link:  FBI launches investigation of Fanduel & Draftking.

It's just way too easy for these guys to see who's the least used players at each position and place lineups based on that data. 

I guess it doesn't matter because at 12:40, Fanduel will post the tournament in their lobby to fill it if it has not been filled.  So either way, we are going to get a lot of non JN folks there. 

I am making every effort to keep this to just us. That said, if this bothers you that much you probably shouldn't play.

By the way, in addition to the  NY State Atty General's investigation, there is now a Federal investigation (FBI)  in progress looking into the shenanigans going on among Fanduel and Draftking employees using protected info (% each player has been chosen by others) to gain a Belichickian unfair advantage in the Dailies.

Better caul Saul Ted Wells.  Link:  FBI launches investigation of Fanduel & Draftking.

It's just way too easy for these guys to see who's the least used players at each position and place lineups based on that data. 

They are definitely going to have to find a way to regulate this. I just don't see it going away with all the money it is making. And the names that are investing in it. Sad but that is what keeps stuff alive sometimes.

Archived