JetNation Week 6 FanDuel League

Maxman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like everyone else, I would prefer that this league does not hit the Fanduel lobby Sunday morning.  The fact that it is not filling quickly does indicate that it is still pretty under the radar of most competitive players.

So how about some Vikings information? Who do you think Bridgewater will target on Sunday? Reid might be playing for his job or has already lost the team, could be an opportunity for a cheap WR to score some points

I'm starting to want to up the # of entries to 50.  I'm not sure what the people complaining don't understand.

Seriously.

Who ******* cares. It's a simple process:

• look at how the game is designed
  • decide if you think you can be competitive
  • join
  • or don't join

I don't understand why people are upset over the amount of entries by each individual. It doesn't change their odds. Every entry has the same odds. You can enter once, or you can enter 25 times, each entry has the same odds. 

I'm no statistician, but entering 25 times I would think gives you more favorable odds of having more teams that finish out of the money, rather than in the money.

If you enter 25 teams, you are in it for $250. Which means you have to cash in on about 50% of your entries at the $20 payout just to break even. Altogether possible, but how many times have you gotten to your 3rd or 4th lineup and realized you keep steering towards the same players? If most of his lineups are anchored by the same key players, and they bust, he's not winning anything, and if they hit, he'll do alright. It's his risk. Doesn't effect you at all, because you can enter one time and place higher than his 25 times. 

I enter 3-5 teams a week, and am up over $1k for this season alone. I put $50 in in week one.

I guess what I'm saying is, who cares what other people do... handle your business, collect your money, and smile. 

Bet on yourself.

its the exact same story, different game..... i would totally enjoy it while i can guys, but i wouldn't keep huge balances in my account....it can all go poof in a heartbeat as i learned the hard way

QFT. I keep a balance of what I plan on playing with for the next 2 weeks, and nothing more. Any time I win a decent pot, I pull it out immediately.

So how about some Vikings information? Who do you think Bridgewater will target on Sunday? Reid might be playing for his job or has already lost the team, could be an opportunity for a cheap WR to score some points

Stefon Diggs (FanDuel Price: $4,500)

Diggs was targeted 10 times in Week 4, including twice in the red zone. Both numbers tied Mike Wallace for the team high. He hauled in six receptions for 85 yards against a Broncos defense who has been the best at shutting down opposing wide receivers.  He’ll face the Kansas City Chiefs this week, who are basically the complete opposite. They’re allowing the most fantasy points per week to opposing wide-outs. At a bargain basement price, he could easily exceed his price tag, while allowing FanDuel players to fit some other big names into lineups.

https://www.fanduel.com/insider/2015/10/14/red-zone-report-who-to-target-for-touchdowns-in-week-6/

50 spots taken by two fanduel sharks. Something about that rubs me the wrong way. Am I wrong?

No.  But what can we do? 

My last minute tinkering of pretty much every lineup is complete.  I likely just destroyed my chances.

50 spots taken by two fanduel sharks. Something about that rubs me the wrong way. Am I wrong?

Feel the same....I usually enter a min of 5 teams a week, but because of this, I just entered 2 this week. I'm way ahead for the season so far,  but 50 entries from two FD trolls takes away from the fun.  Yes straightcash....you are a fd troll and have no business being here. You joined the site to get the link every week....don't act like you have any interest in being here for any other reason. 

Still 

still only 209 total entries 

I just quickly added another team...  looks like it didn't get opened up to the masses this week.. really good odds.

edit:  238 total..  had I known that it wasn't being opened up I would have definitely put in 25 lineups.

I just quickly added another team...  looks like it didn't get opened up to the masses this week.. really good odds.

edit:  238 total..  had I known that it wasn't being opened up I would have definitely put in 25 lineups.

I started watching what would happen at 12:45 and at about 12:55 when I realized it wasn't going to open up, I added a few more. Still, with 100 spots paying out, and 240 entries, there's just under a 50% chance of each entry finishing in the money. I'll take it.

Feel the same....I usually enter a min of 5 teams a week, but because of this, I just entered 2 this week. I'm way ahead for the season so far,  but 50 entries from two FD trolls takes away from the fun.  Yes straightcash....you are a fd troll and have no business being here. You joined the site to get the link every week....don't act like you have any interest in being here for any other reason. 

agree 100%

Had no idea that Eddie Lacy died :(

All morning I listened to "experts" thump him as the daily fantasy play of the day... I used him in one lineup and then trusted the rest of my decisions to my gut. I'd rather lose money by being wrong on my own, not by listening to people who get paid to be wrong.

All morning I listened to "experts" thump him as the daily fantasy play of the day... I used him in one lineup and then trusted the rest of my decisions to my gut. I'd rather lose money by being wrong on my own, not by listening to people who get paid to be wrong.

I figured he'd get 85 yards and a TD vs this soft Chargers defense. I have a bunch of LaGarrette Blount going tonight. 

I figured he'd get 85 yards and a TD vs this soft Chargers defense. I have a bunch of LaGarrette Blount going tonight. 

THIS cocksucker:

ESPN 49ers reporter Paul Gutierrez expects Vernon Davis (questionable, knee) to have a big game this week.
"Word around Santa Clara is Davis is primed to make a statement," Gutierrez said. "Expect Davis to be the primary option." The narrative sets up better for Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith against their former team, but the Ravens are coming off a 10/152/1 line to Gary Barnidge. Davis averaged seven targets in his first two games before going down in Week 3. Oct 17 - 6:57 PM

I don’t believe that I pretended anything else; I was attracted to this website by the Fanduel contest & have enjoyed reading the discussions relating to it each week.

Having a larger amount of entries is no advantage or guarantee of success.  Even with this week’s contest having an insane 182% payout, I’ll lose money on it.

Thanks to Maxman for partnering with Fanduel to provide this league – congrats to the winners.

THIS cocksucker:

ESPN 49ers reporter Paul Gutierrez expects Vernon Davis (questionable, knee) to have a big game this week.
"Word around Santa Clara is Davis is primed to make a statement," Gutierrez said. "Expect Davis to be the primary option." The narrative sets up better for Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith against their former team, but the Ravens are coming off a 10/152/1 line to Gary Barnidge. Davis averaged seven targets in his first two games before going down in Week 3. Oct 17 - 6:57 PM

I can't believe you fell for that. No wonder your brother kicks your ass in these things.

Last minute shuffling strikes again.  I removed Lamar Miller and the Dolphins D from a couple of my teams on Sat night.

My initial instinct was they'd come out strong and play great so I put them on a couple rosters.  Then I talked myself into much worse decisions that definitely cost me money.

While FD is fun I'm definitely happy it's only going to be a 16 week thing for me.  Obsessing over lineups is tedious as hell.  Maybe this week I'll wait until Friday to enter.

Last minute shuffling strikes again.  I removed Lamar Miller and the Dolphins D from a couple of my teams on Sat night.

My initial instinct was they'd come out strong and play great so I put them on a couple rosters.  Then I talked myself into much worse decisions that definitely cost me money.

While FD is fun I'm definitely happy it's only going to be a 16 week thing for me.  Obsessing over lineups is tedious as hell.  Maybe this week I'll wait until Friday to enter.

Every week you saunter in, like your skinny jeans are cutting off the blood to your butthole brain, and tell us how you just whipped together your lineups in 5 minutes... but now you're "obsessing over lineups"?

Whackadoo.

Every week you saunter in, like your skinny jeans are cutting off the blood to your butthole brain, and tell us how you just whipped together your lineups in 5 minutes... but now you're "obsessing over lineups"?

Whackadoo.

The obsessing started around week 4.

I still whip together lineups in 5 minutes..  difference is now I'll stare at them for a couple hours the rest of the week.

me too.  But I didn't. My two entries were pathetically bad.  One of my sons is in line for more than $20 depending on tonight's game.

Please leave the board moderation to us.

Thanks.

Archived