Newest Member of Butt Hurt Nation: Sam Dyson

PFSIKH

Waah!

Jose Bautista flipped the bat after crushing your pitch.

We actually agree on this. The only people I see complaining are Dallas sports writers and members of the Texas Rangers, primarily their pitching staff. 

You know what guys? Stop grooving pitches to the most dangerous power hitter in the game and STFU. 

the Blue jays are red Sox North.  the sox changed the way players react for the worst.  it's ridiculous the over the top celebrations but they earned the win and can look like buffoons all they want.  Let's go Royals.

He reacted after hitting a HR to cap a comeback in game 5 of a series where his team was down 2-0.  I can't imagine the emotion.  He didn't point at the pitcher, he watched and did a big ole bat flip.  Oh the horror!

He reacted after hitting a HR to cap a comeback in game 5 of a series where his team was down 2-0.  I can't imagine the emotion.  He didn't point at the pitcher, he watched and did a big ole bat flip.  Oh the horror!

he absolutely showed up the pitcher and the other team, he stood still admiring it then threw the bat.  I hate the over the top celebrating, that was an incredible moment that didn't need anything extra to make it better.  Hit the HR, yell/scream but run instead of admiring it and throwing the bat. 

the Blue jays are red Sox North.  the sox changed the way players react for the worst.  it's ridiculous the over the top celebrations but they earned the win and can look like buffoons all they want.  Let's go Royals.

Comon man!!!  Every player in every pro sport does big celebrations now a days, this isn't something specific to the jays - so what if they wanna do some high 5s and pump everybody up - god forbid baseball becomes exciting!!  Don't see anybody talking about Dyson patting Tulo on the ass after he got him out - much worse than a bat flip.

he absolutely showed up the pitcher and the other team, he stood still admiring it then threw the bat.  I hate the over the top celebrating, that was an incredible moment that didn't need anything extra to make it better.  Hit the HR, yell/scream but run instead of admiring it and throwing the bat. 

Yeah but its ok for the pitcher to pat Tulo on the ass after he got him out?  That jackass pitcher deserved to be shown up - but flipping the bat? Comon now, if you don't like it, get him out, or throw chin music.  Sounds like the people complaining about Belli running up the score.

Comon man!!!  Every player in every pro sport does big celebrations now a days, this isn't something specific to the jays - so what if they wanna do some high 5s and pump everybody up - god forbid baseball becomes exciting!!  Don't see anybody talking about Dyson patting Tulo on the ass after he got him out - much worse than a bat flip.

maybe I'm just getting old but I can't stand the excessive celebrating in MLB where a WC spot is grounds for a WS like celebration. 

his bat flip doesn't make baseball exciting, his HR makes baseball exciting.

Yeah but its ok for the pitcher to pat Tulo on the ass after he got him out?  That jackass pitcher deserved to be shown up - but flipping the bat? Comon now, if you don't like it, get him out, or throw chin music.  Sounds like the people complaining about Belli running up the score.

did I say I agree w/ other things the pitcher has done? we were specifically discussing the HR.

why should a pitcher have to hit a batter?  why can't he just get pumped up, run around the bases and celebrate w/ his teammates?

did I say I agree w/ other things the pitcher has done? we were specifically discussing the HR.

why should a pitcher have to hit a batter?  why can't he just get pumped up, run around the bases and celebrate w/ his teammates?

You sound butt hurt over a bat flip.  Get over it, its not going away.  It's not the celebrations that are the problem, its the people who are crying about them.

Baseball fans being mad over a player celebrating is the weirdest thing ever. It's so odd when fans discuss the degree of which a player can be excited and at which point it's excessive. Just think about how dumb that is. Do you get mad when hockey players celebrate or football players? Baseball players and fans need to get over themselves, the baseball field isn't a cemetery, at least not yet.

You sound butt hurt over a bat flip.  Get over it, its not going away.  It's not the celebrations that are the problem, its the people who are crying about them.

yes I am butthurt:rolleyes:

the celebrations are silly and out of control.  glad you like them though

Baseball fans being mad over a player celebrating is the weirdest thing ever. It's so odd when fans discuss the degree of which a player can be excited and at which point it's excessive. Just think about how dumb that is. Do you get mad when hockey players celebrate or football players? Baseball players and fans need to get over themselves, the baseball field isn't a cemetery, at least not yet.

did we pop champagne after clinching the WC in 2009 or 2010?

that bat flip celebration would be the equivalent of scoring a late TD then removing your helmet and dancing around the field from EZ to EZ.

I will go on the record as saying that I am pro taunting.  I don't have a problem with it.  You want me to stop it?  Make me.  You can hate me for it.  That's fine with me. IMHO the most obnoxious moment I can remember in sports was Posada getting walked in the playoffs and slowly bending over, taking his shin guard off and delicately laying it alongside his bat on top of home plate. 

No.  Its not ANYTHING like that.  Not even remotely.  Its more like spiking a football, pointing for a first down.

stopping to admire your HR then casually jogging while throwing the bat is like spiking a football or pointing 1st down?  ok.

It certainly is, its a celebration.  Running around with your helmet off from EZ to EZ is not the equivalent to a bat flip in this or any other bizzaro universe.

it wasn't just the bat flip, it was standing there admiring the HR then the excessive bat flip while slowly going around the bases.  you sound like a Jays fan, if that was a Ranger yesterday my guess is you'd have a different feeling on it.

it wasn't just the bat flip, it was standing there admiring the HR then the excessive bat flip while slowly going around the bases.  you sound like a Jays fan, if that was a Ranger yesterday my guess is you'd have a different feeling on it.

Not at all.   Go youtube MLB home run celebrations.  Its pretty common to slowly admire the HR as it goes out, and flips/tosses of the bats happen all the time.  If it was a Ranger HR i would be pissed at our pitcher for serving it up - not the batter for taking too long to go around the bases - thats just sour grapes.

He just hit the biggest Homerun of his life - 2nd greatest HR in blue jay history.  sh*t everyone in my neighbourhood could be heard scremiong from inside their houses last night - I think your getting on him a bit too much here - its not like he had this plan to do some bat flip celebration, he just hit the biggest HR of his life, I think he's entitled to show some emotion about it.  Especially since the Umps screwed us just 1 inning before trying to give the game to texas on a ridiculous call. 

Not at all.   Go youtube MLB home run celebrations.  Its pretty common to slowly admire the HR as it goes out, and flips/tosses of the bats happen all the time.  If it was a Ranger HR i would be pissed at our pitcher for serving it up - not the batter for taking too long to go around the bases - thats just sour grapes.

I know it is and I don't like it, it's not just bautista though this Jays team has a ton of guys like that.

yes I am butthurt:rolleyes:

the celebrations are silly and out of control.  glad you like them though

"out of control" you sound ridiculous.

did we pop champagne after clinching the WC in 2009 or 2010?

that bat flip celebration would be the equivalent of scoring a late TD then removing your helmet and dancing around the field from EZ to EZ.

i'm 99% sure the Yankees did.... and good for them. Yet another thing that is so odd for fans to be annoyed by. And you're comparison is way off. Victor Cruz salsa dance is okay, what Bautista did isn't? This whole conversion is whack as hell. Lighten the heck up. It's a game man, a game.

"out of control" you sound ridiculous.

i'm 99% sure the Yankees did.... and good for them. Yet another thing that is so odd for fans to be annoyed by. And you're comparison is way off. Victor Cruz salsa is okay, what Bautista did isn't? This whole conversion is whack as hell. Lighten the heck up.

I don't like the Cruz salsa, I don't like preplanned celebrations.

Toronto has been acting like fools since they started winning.

I know it is and I don't like it, it's not just bautista though this Jays team has a ton of guys like that.

Guys who like to give high 5s and get excited when their team hits a game winning home run in the playoffs?  Yeah thats EVERY team in the MLB.  Good on the jays, keep the high 5s coming.  If you don't like it, strike them out - don't give up homers.

Guys who like to give high 5s and get excited when their team hits a game winning home run in the playoffs?  Yeah thats EVERY team in the MLB.  Good on the jays, keep the high 5s coming.  If you don't like it, strike them out - don't give up homers.

where did I criticize high 5s? where did I criticize getting excited?  it's not just Toronto though they are acting like the biggest fools, it's rampant throughout baseball. it started w/ the red sox of the last decade. 

Acting like fools? or maybe you're just mad they beat the living sh*t out of the team you like?

congrats to them, they were much better than my team.  they deserved to win the East and they deserve to be playing for the right to represent the AL in the WS.  doesn't mean I enjoy the way they go about their business. 

where did I criticize high 5s? where did I criticize getting excited?  it's not just Toronto though they are acting like the biggest fools, it's rampant throughout baseball. it started w/ the red sox of the last decade. 

Pretty much all your posts - because thats what happens when they hit home runs, they run around and give each other high 5s.   Not sure wtf else you are talking about then - because the bat flip just happened last night - please give me some examples of their foolish actions.

Pretty much all your posts - because thats what happens when they hit home runs, they run around and give each other high 5s.   Not sure wtf else you are talking about then - because the bat flip just happened last night - please give me some examples of their foolish actions.

it was the watching the HR then the excessive bat flip, etc...

So its one thing from last night now?  Because you just said they've been acting like fools since they've been winning and the team is full of guys who act like that - you'd think there would be more examples.  

Seriously man, you sound like sour grapes.

pretty much every game is an example but we were discussing this specific example. 

it may be sour grapes but while I'd be thrilled if my team won like that I would say the same thing criticizing the celebration. I don't like showing up opponents and that is what Toronto always does.

Archived