Newest Member of Butt Hurt Nation: Sam Dyson

PFSIKH

Texas Pitcher wipes his ass with a blue jays rally towel and all we hear about is how classless the jays are because of a bat flip?  Unbelieveable.

let me know when the thread is up to discuss that.  I'll bash him too.  why the need to deflect? this thread is about that specific play not about anything else.  it doesn't mean other teams/players don't do similar things or have acted similarly.

Baseball fans being mad over a player celebrating is the weirdest thing ever. It's so odd when fans discuss the degree of which a player can be excited and at which point it's excessive. Just think about how dumb that is. Do you get mad when hockey players celebrate or football players? Baseball players and fans need to get over themselves, the baseball field isn't a cemetery, at least not yet.

Exactly.

Channeling my inner Allen Iverson, "We are talking about a bat flip.  Not the homerun. Not his exalting over said homerun.  Or even his sprint around the bases. We are talking about a bat flip....."

Big Papi would still be admiring that hit if he had hit it.

Exactly.

Channeling my inner Allen Iverson, "We are talking about a bat flip.  Not the homerun. Not his exalting over said homerun.  Or even his sprint around the bases. We are talking about a bat flip....."

Big Papi would still be admiring that hit if he had hit it.

Ortiz is the problem, maybe that is why I hate it so much b/c I despised those Sox teams and they way they overcelebrated everything.

Not at all.   Go youtube MLB home run celebrations.  Its pretty common to slowly admire the HR as it goes out, and flips/tosses of the bats happen all the time.  If it was a Ranger HR i would be pissed at our pitcher for serving it up - not the batter for taking too long to go around the bases - thats just sour grapes.

He just hit the biggest Homerun of his life - 2nd greatest HR in blue jay history.  sh*t everyone in my neighbourhood could be heard scremiong from inside their houses last night - I think your getting on him a bit too much here - its not like he had this plan to do some bat flip celebration, he just hit the biggest HR of his life, I think he's entitled to show some emotion about it.  Especially since the Umps screwed us just 1 inning before trying to give the game to texas on a ridiculous call. 

See, that's my point.  It's not some game in August.

He basically just won the playoff series in Toronto since.... 93?  That's the dream.   Texas should be pissed about making 3 straight errors in the biggest 1 inning choke job I have ever seen.

let me know when the thread is up to discuss that.  I'll bash him too.  why the need to deflect? this thread is about that specific play not about anything else.  it doesn't mean other teams/players don't do similar things or have acted similarly.

True, but when they do that, it's one more thing to rile up the Jays.

I do something good, I may admire a little.  If you've been taunting me, wiping your a$$, well, I may taunt just a little more...

See, that's my point.  It's not some game in August.

He basically just won the playoff series in Toronto since.... 93?  That's the dream.   Texas should be pissed about making 3 straight errors in the biggest 1 inning choke job I have ever seen.

Wooh wooh wooh there guy!  I think the Red Sox are still the title holders of that distinction.

boston-red-sox-bill-buckner-new-york-met

so sad how Buckner was blamed for that series. 

True.  I do not blame him for being bitter for years towards the fans as well. 

He was the last step in a multi-step process to the choke job.

deflect?  Pretty relevant I'd say, doesn't warrant a new thread - you don't think the Rangers showing us up like that to our fans might have something to do with why Bautista was mad?  gimmi a break dude, we get it you hate all the teams that aren't the Yankees, because they celebrated when your team lost.

maybe I'm just getting old but I can't stand the excessive celebrating in MLB where a WC spot is grounds for a WS like celebration. 

his bat flip doesn't make baseball exciting, his HR makes baseball exciting.

They didn't win the wild card spot; they won the division....:)

it wasn't just the bat flip, it was standing there admiring the HR then the excessive bat flip while slowly going around the bases.  you sound like a Jays fan, if that was a Ranger yesterday my guess is you'd have a different feeling on it.

I like the Jays, but I'm a Cubs fan.  I don't think comparing the bat flip is anything like you are suggesting.  He watched it go out, and then flipped his bat.  Is it showmanship?  Yeah.  But so what really?  Some guys do there thing and that's that.  Other guys like to show it off a bit.  I think people are in a twist about it.  Sure you don't like it when it happens to your team, but how many of us complained when after a sack or a first down, the players show off?  There is WAY more up-manship in football.

I like the Jays, but I'm a Cubs fan.  I don't think comparing the bat flip is anything like you are suggesting.  He watched it go out, and then flipped his bat.  Is it showmanship?  Yeah.  But so what really?  Some guys do there thing and that's that.  Other guys like to show it off a bit.  I think people are in a twist about it.  Sure you don't like it when it happens to your team, but how many of us complained when after a sack or a first down, the players show off?  There is WAY more up-manship in football.

he was showing up the other team, he was more concerned w/ running it in than celebrating w/ his teammates.  He should celebrate like crazy but w/o rubbing it in.  run around the bases, celebrate w/ your teams and move on. 

True.  I do not blame him for being bitter for years towards the fans as well. 

He was the last step in a multi-step process to the choke job.

they had a 3 run lead the next game in Game 7, it wasn't his fault.  I hate how Red Sox fans "forgave" him after 2004, that was BS just as it is w/ Cubs fans for "forgiving" Steve Bartman for 2003. 

For the record, bat-flipping, or any other on-field celebration wasn't invented by the Red Sox. It is endemic to this generation of athletes, and who cares?

We watch for entertainment. If you're drawing cues for how society should function from the level of arrogance displayed by athletes, then we've got bigger problems.

For the record, bat-flipping, or any other on-field celebration wasn't invented by the Red Sox. It is endemic to this generation of athletes, and who cares?

We watch for entertainment. If you're drawing cues for how society should function from the level of arrogance displayed by athletes, then we've got bigger problems.

they invented the over the top celebration, the wild beards and hair, etc...

Archived