PFF 2015 Guard Grades

Jet9

Well there are 64 starting guards in the NFL, so at 24 and 30 it puts us above average at guard but not exceptional.especially since the scores really bunch up outside of the Top 20. That said, with our OL issues the past few years that is a massive upgrade and our players seem much better suited to the man to man style we now use as opposed to zone blocking schemes.

God damn Gabe Jackson- shoulda been a jet- fkn IdZik- he fell to is in the 3rd round and we took Mcdougal ahead of him despite a huge need at Guard. Gabe went the very next pick to the Rahduhs

Isn't it always pretty easy to look back at any draft and with the benefit of hindsight be able to identify players who we could have/should have taken?

God damn Gabe Jackson- shoulda been a jet- fkn IdZik- he fell to is in the 3rd round and we took Mcdougal ahead of him despite a huge need at Guard. Gabe went the very next pick to the Rahduhs

Its crazy how much he emphasized building through the draft and then when it came he sh*t the bed...with 12 picks 

Isn't it always pretty easy to look back at any draft and with the benefit of hindsight be able to identify players who we could have/should have taken?

overheard playing roulette the other night

"you should have put more money on the numbers that you won." 

great advice buddy. 

Gabe Jackson is legit but Rodney Hudson is who made that line go from decent to very good. 

hindsight 20/20 : )

but it I was yelling at my TV that draft day because I wanted Gabe Jackson at that pick.  Did I really know anything about him, absolutely not but we had a glaring hole and Jackson had the highest grade and pundits were surprised he fell there.

hindsight 20/20 : )

but it I was yelling at my TV that draft day because I wanted Gabe Jackson at that pick.  Did I really know anything about him, absolutely not but we had a glaring hole and Jackson had the highest grade and pundits were surprised he fell there.

Fair enough

has mcdougle done anything this year?

He's buried pretty deep, plays a bit on specials- think I've seen him at gunner on PR. 

Revis

Cro

Skrine

Williams

Walls/Mcdougal

plus Milliner will be back pretty soon.

everything changes when Cro leaves after this year.  Plus Mcdougal has zero experience and is coming off an ACL.  Revis and Skrine are locked up for the foreseeable future, lots of guys will be gunning for that 2nd outside CB spot in 2016

At least Incognito tore the Bills apart at the seams.

I was being kind of a smartass last year when I said the Jets should sign Incognito since they were willing to bring Vick in...then I thought about it and figured it'd may not be a bad idea.  Very good player who could've been had on the cheap.  His teammates coming to his defense in the Martin case was enough for me in terms of how "bad" he was for the locker room.

Archived