Buster Skrine

ljr

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580331-buster-skrine-injury-updates-on-jets-dbs-possible-concussion-and-return

Buster Skrine Injury: Updates on Jets DB's Possible Concussion and Return

The New York Jets announced cornerback Buster Skrine exited the team’s Week 6 game against the Washington Redskins with a head injury.

Continue for updates. 

Skrine Evaluated for Concussion
Sunday, Oct. 18
According to Kimberley A. Martin of Newsday, Skrine left for the locker room before the second half for a concussion evaluation, per the NFL’s protocol. Dexter McDougle replaced him, per ESPN.com's Rich Cimini.

Though a slot corner, Skrine has been an asset because the Jets regularly run in nickel formations, as Darryl Slater of NJ.com noted.

He’s not in the high-profile echelon of teammates Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, but Skrine has been a reliable addition the team signed this offseason.

According to Pro Football Focus (h/t Stu Woo of the Wall Street Journal), quarterbacks have targeted Skrine every 4.4 snaps, and while he has no interceptions and has accounted for three penalties in four games, he hasn’t allowed a touchdown. Per PFF (h/t Woo), quarterbacks are 17-of-28 against Skrine for 192 yards and an 81.3 passer rating—below the league average of 89.1.   

If Skrine indeed suffered a concussion, he will not return to the Jets' Week 6 game. 

I thought McDougle looked ok out there.  Depth, what a concept!

I thought so also , but tough to say. At that point we had 5 backs out there with a 4 man front and a little zone. Everyone in the stadium knew they were throwing every down. He did make 2 nice special teams plays that I saw

It must have happened on an earlier play, the play he came out was non contact away from the play.

good point ...When I first saw him hobble off I was fearing ACL ...  Not that I ever want to root for a concussion ... But certainly missing a week or two would be better than done for the year ...

Just very annoying that even if it's just 1 week, it would be against NE that he's out.

NE often seems to be the team getting those type of breaks ... Maybe my hatred for them just causes me to focus more on the times it happens in their favor.

• Upvote 2

Skrine has easily been the best nickel back the Jets have had since Ray Mickens.  Easily! 

However, this is a friendly reminder of what is important.  All Jets fans want him on the field against the Cheatriots next week.. However, if he has a concussion...and he was clearly wobbly walking on the sideline.  He needs to be and will be, fully and neutrally evaluated by a neurologist.  I am sure Wayne Chrebet and Al Toon wish there was a concussion protocol when they were playing. 

• Upvote 4

good point ...When I first saw him hobble off I was fearing ACL ...  Not that I ever want to root for a concussion ... But certainly missing a week or two would be better than done for the year ...

Just very annoying that even if it's just 1 week, it would be against NE that he's out.

NE often seems to be the team getting those type of breaks ... Maybe my hatred for them just causes me to focus more on the times it happens in their favor.

They played the Steelers WITHOUT BELL & M.BRYANT! 

They played Dallas without ROMO & DEZ BRYANT! Your not imagining they're getting some breaks.

• Upvote 2

lets be honest, a healthy skrine doesn't cover edelman.  the only way to beat the pats* is to score 35 or better. 

To me, like the Phins game, you move Revis inside on Edelman, like we did Revis on Landry vs the Phins (his INT was on Landry working in the slot).  Williams can line-up outside...so I am hoping Williams is back and lines up outside with Revis in the slot.  While we need 35, we cant count on it.  Defense needs to make it tough on Brady, IMO.  

Doubt Skrine or Williams plays.  McDougle looked decent enough;  They are going to mix and match.  These are not the Moss/Welker Pats.  It's not the players you are worried about, it is the scheme.  Gronkowski is obviously the big matchup problem.

It must have happened on an earlier play, the play he came out was non contact away from the play.

I think so, he looked woozy coming off the field.

He must have been rocked pretty good.  He looked like he got lost in his backpedal and flopped. I was worried it was his Achilles.

• Upvote 1

I'm more concerned about the plan to cover Gronkowski than Edelman.  Antonio Allen 6'1" 210 vs. Gilchrist 5'10" 195....

Gronkowski 6'6" 265...

Dwight Lowery did an alright job on him last night, the problem is, it just meant Amendola was open all night.

To me, like the Phins game, you move Revis inside on Edelman, like we did Revis on Landry vs the Phins (his INT was on Landry working in the slot).  Williams can line-up outside...so I am hoping Williams is back and lines up outside with Revis in the slot.  While we need 35, we cant count on it.  Defense needs to make it tough on Brady, IMO.  

the pats* pick plays are unstoppable.  basically because they are illegal.  if the league allows them to run it, all you can do is tackle