- Everyone in the secondary had a terrific game.  Revis was Revis and
Cro had his best coverage game of the year.  Pryor is a totally different
player making open field tackles and blitzing well.  And when was the
last time we had a safety that could cover like Gilchrist?  Rhodes before
he went Hollywood?

- Good games by our ILB's (Davis & Harris).  WSH tried to run multiple
wheel routes with their RB's but they were covered.  Also both Davis &
Harris tackled extremely well when they were in zone coverage on WR's  

On the punt that got blocked,v did the jets have enough room to punt or were they to backed up?

We were backed up, on our two or three yard line.

Special teams have been a disappointment thus far. I'm pretty surprised since April was known as one of the best in the business not too long ago.

Good summary as always KRL.  Yours is one of the few posts I look foward to sifting through a lot of the Fitz vs Geno crap discussions on this board. Your first sentance says it all. In prior years we don't win these games, period. Not only did Bowles give them a verbal assault(with extreme prejudice) at halftime, now we actually have a coach who can, get this........make adjustments. Something the clown could never do. 

O-line was great. I was really hoping to get more from Bilal. Hoping he would show the previous FO their foolishness for inserting CJ2K above him on the depth chart last year. But he's really disappointed. Doesn't have the vision or explosiveness that we need for a #2 back. Hoping Devin Smith would have showed up, but the lack of training camp still has him lagging to this point.

On D, I wish we would have gotten to Cousins more but perhaps, as you suggested that wasn't the game plan. No other complaints there. Can bring Westy back from retirement? Special teams really sucks.

Would suck if Buster can't go vs the Pats. We need all hands on deck. 

I really like Bilals hustle but he runs in place to much for me. He has no initial burst through the line, I don't know if he's injured or whatever but I'm praying that Ridley comes back at 100%. He'd be a nice backup to Ivory.

On the punt that got blocked,v did the jets have enough room to punt or were they to backed up?

If im correct, the Redskins had 10 guys rushing the punter and there was a gunner uncovered on the Punter's right side. In situations like that our special teams unit should be able to have silent audibles in order to take advantage. I didnt see anyone on that side covering and if that was so then there was no one in front of him for maybe 35-40 yards (punt returner). 

That should have been a short pass for a very long 1st down conversion. 

Can the Jets beat a real team the Pats next week?  Everyone knows this will tell a huge story as to how far this team has come!!!

NO TURNOVERS PLEASE!!!

were the Colts in Indi not a real team?  If they didnt beat themelvs yesteday, the Pats would be 4-1.  Why discredit what the Jets have accomplished?

It's not pretty, but we keep winning.  It's goING to be real hard not to get too high or low based on next week's outcome.. but there isn't a single team in the NFL that would be favored next week.  If the Jets win, it will be the biggest upset of the season...beating Pats in Foxboro.  Jets wouldn't be beating "a team," next week, they would be beating "The Team" of the NFL.

were the Colts in Indi not a real team?  If they didnt beat themelvs yesteday, the Pats would be 4-1.  Why discredit what the Jets have accomplished?

It's not pretty, but we keep winning.  It's goING to be real hard not to get too high or low based on next week's outcome.. but there isn't a single team in the NFL that would be favored next week.  If the Jets win, it will be the biggest upset of the season...beating Pats in Foxboro.  Jets wouldn't be beating "a team," next week, they would be beating "The Team" of the NFL.

They would be beating The Team, and The Refs and The Stadium Infrastructure and The Institutionalized Cheating.

They would be beating The Team, and The Refs and The Stadium Infrastructure and The Institutionalized Cheating.

And send a statement to the rest of the NFL that the Jets, #1 team in the AFC East, is in the Super Bowl hunt in 2016 at the 1/3rd mark of the season...the same Jets that will be getting Skrine, Milliner, and Ridley back at some point after the game.

Really hoping Jets put Revis in the slot almost all game with Skrine scheduled to miss this week now...but beating the Pats in New England would be monumental...

There's no way we win this game in previous years.  Three first
half turnovers would've spiraled into five or more and we would've
been blown out.

we had 2 1st half TOs a year ago vs. Oak and we won.

we had 3 1st half TOs vs. AZ and won in 2012

those 2 teams were far worse than this team.

I like the post overall but the first tidbit is incorrect.

Archived