Just going to toss this one in here ...

jamesr

How am I criticizing them?  I love what this team has done so far, does that mean only Bowles could have taken this talented team against a weak sched and gone 4-1?

Most of your posts are totally veiled in disappointment that the team is playing so well.  There are not too many out right we are doing great posts from you without slipping in some comment about some one else, usually one of your favs being able to do just as well.  Hey this is the perfect gig for people like yourself, you can say you are happy when the team does well and then you can promptly be happy in blasting them when things do not go well.

Let's make some more valued comments about how great Sanchez is and how much of an overrated scrub Phillip Rivers is.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB is a great coach but he'd be a DC somewhere today if not for Brady rescuing his career.

I have a Pat fan buddy who said after 2000 Kraft thought he made a huge mistake in hiring BB.. Especially after 3 years Pete Carroll made the playoffs twice and never had a losing record.. 2001 the Pats lost to the Bengals and the Jets in game 2.. But that 2nd game is when Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe and the rest as they say is history..

Most of your posts are totally veiled in disappointment that the team is playing so well.  There are not too many out right we are doing great posts from you without slipping in some comment about some one else, usually one of your favs being able to do just as well.  Hey this is the perfect gig for people like yourself, you can say you are happy when the team does well and then you can promptly be happy in blasting them when things do not go well.

Let's make some more valued comments about how great Sanchez is and how much of an overrated scrub Phillip Rivers is.

You couldn't be more incorrect.  Just b/c I want more doesn't mean I am not thrilled w/ what we have done. 

I see the game differently, I want to win.  Others want fantasy championships.  Yesterday was what Philip Rivers is all about, great #s on a stat sheet but fails to come through when his team needs him most.  Thanks for bringing him up.

I have a Pat fan buddy who said after 2000 Kraft thought he made a huge mistake in hiring BB.. Especially after 3 years Pete Carroll made the playoffs twice and never had a losing record.. 2001 the Pats lost to the Bengals and the Jets in game 2.. But that 2nd game is when Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe and the rest as they say is history..

BB was on the verge of being fired before Brady rescued him.  he would not have made it to 2002.  he is an incredible coach and has developed into a great HC but he never gets that chance w/o Brady. 

Rex is the greatest at smashing square pegs into round holes and he's up to his old tricks in Buffalo. He is absolutely MARRIED, BOUND AND TIED to the 3-4 defense. Buffalo had their best defensive season last year in a 4-3. I said he would have Mario Williams playing LB and that has come true. Look for the downward slide to continue, and if the Saints should cut Kyle Wilson - he will become the number CB in Buffalo.

That's because he can't scheme anything else. 

He spent 6 years here being the poster-boy for what it looks like when you don't make continued education at your profession/craft a priority your entire career. The NFL evolved in the past decade, he didn't. 

What is really happening; Rex Ryan is taking a blowtorch to what ever chance he had to get the seat between Terry Bradshaw and Michael Strahan on the Fox pregame set. They like bigmouths, but not loser bigmouths. Classic case of be careful what you wish for you might actually get it.

Sucks for the Bills and their fans. 

What ever will Jeff Weeks do with himself? 

They went 9-7 last year.  How is what they're doing anything other than a step down from Marrone? 

It's become very clear that older, veteran coaches tend to have their way with Rex Ryan, and this year has been no exception.  Tom Couglin, Bill Belichick and Marvin Lewis know exactly what to expect from Rex.  Marvin's Bengals destroyed the Rex-led Jets 49-9 two years ago and then beat them up this week.  Coughlin told his players in this year's Giants-Bills game to expect Rex's team to "beat themselves with penalties", and that's exactly what happened.  And Belichick improved to 10-4 against Rex, with Buffalo setting a franchise record for pass yards allowed.

If Rex cannot find a way to beat top teams every once in a while with an elite defensive unit, he's run out of excuses.  But as always, they'll thump their chests over beating Jacksonville next weekend, before losing to Miami coming out of the bye.  It's oh so predictable.

You could set your clock to Ryan crowing about beating the Jags as if the Lombardi is at stake.

Little odd the Bills are already in London, which no other team playing there has done 

Yep.  At one time there were few people you'd want to draw up a defensive gameplan to win one game than Rex.  But good coaches cannot be stubborn.  They have to be willing to adjust and adapt.  Other defensive coaches have passed him by for that very reason.  Where others adjust to their personnel, Rex has failed to do the same for several years now.

The defense version of Mike Martz

That's cool and all, but Rex's mission has been to beat the Patriots.  Yes, it's nice we kept games close.  But Belichick has beaten him 8 of the last 9 times, with 3 of those losses the blowout variety.  Yet he came to Buffalo with the reputation of being the guy who can beat the Patriots.  That hasn't been further from the truth since early 2011.

Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith vs. Tom Brady. To suggest that it was a fair fight is ridiculous.

Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith vs. Tom Brady. To suggest that it was a fair fight is ridiculous.

And now he has opted for Thyroid Taylor, see a theme here?  He knows shi* about offense.  Don't get him a high quality CB or 4 and he's a tragic figure and yet through his 3 or 4 gms, multiple ocs and 7 years or so he has not insisted even on a friggin hold the fort guy like Fitzpatrick.

I'm saying Rex is a huge reason why his QB play is so poor.  He agreed to the Sanchez pick, and also agreed to his contract extension.  He had every opportunity to demand a better QB than Geno Smith.  Bradway, not Rex, wanted Russell Wilson.  And instead of Bridgewater, Rex opted for the hard-hitting safety Calvin Pryor in 2014.

QB matters.  But you conveniently ignore the fact that a Head Coach plays a big role in the QB selection.  If the guy had any clue at all, he'd have the QB he needs.

Compounding the problems for Rex is that he sucks at coaching defense now on top of all that, and his teams are some of the most heavily penalized.  He also can't manage the clock and doesn't know when to challenge calls.

Other than all that, Mrs. Lincoln.....how was the play?

To be fair he did not "agree" to the Sanchez pick, he said "he is our guy" at a workout and told Tanny to get him. Sanchez was hand picked by Blowhard.

To be fair he did not "agree" to the Sanchez pick, he said "he is our guy" at a workout and told Tanny to get him. Sanchez was hand picked by Blowhard.

Isn't telling Tanny to go get him also agreeing to the pick?  The HC has a major say in who team's draft as their franchise QB, because a failure when making that selection almost always means the GM and HC eventually get fired.  Rex always said if they didn't get Sanchez he would have tried to talk Favre out of retirement.

people do realize that the Bills are 3-3, right? they are being talked about like they are 1-5.  despite all the injuries they are 3-3 and 2 of the 3 losses came to teo undefeated teams, the 3rd loss to another 1st place team.  They aren't losing to the Jaguars(yet).

I just read a stat that said the Bengals have scored in literally every play they've run in 2015. Pretty sick

I know you really love to kill rex, but the simple fact is they have played 2 of the top 5 offenses in the NFL, and that is going to muck with you rankings.  

I know you really love to kill rex, but the simple fact is they have played 2 of the top 5 offenses in the NFL, and that is going to muck with you rankings.  

I'm old enough to remember a time when a top offense playing a Rex Ryan team would result in the offense taking the statistical hit. Alas, those were days of yore. '09 and '10, I think. Right around the ebb of the Industrial Revolution.

I'm old enough to remember a time when a top offense playing a Rex Ryan team would result in the offense taking the statistical hit. Alas, those were days of yore. '09 and '10, I think. Right around the ebb of the Industrial Revolution.

my brother in law and nephew are huge bills fans.  I have been telling them every week what rex is doing to their team.  I am going to win a nice wager in about 4 weeks.  I know what rex is.  I am also fair about it. 

I'm saying Rex is a huge reason why his QB play is so poor.  He agreed to the Sanchez pick, and also agreed to his contract extension.  He had every opportunity to demand a better QB than Geno Smith.  Bradway, not Rex, wanted Russell Wilson.  And instead of Bridgewater, Rex opted for the hard-hitting safety Calvin Pryor in 2014.

QB matters.  But you conveniently ignore the fact that a Head Coach plays a big role in the QB selection.  If the guy had any clue at all, he'd have the QB he needs.

Compounding the problems for Rex is that he sucks at coaching defense now on top of all that, and his teams are some of the most heavily penalized.  He also can't manage the clock and doesn't know when to challenge calls.

Other than all that, Mrs. Lincoln.....how was the play?

Going by your reasoning no Jet HC since Weeb really wanted a top QB..Even the Tuna could have had Manning but wouldn't say he would take him with the first pick in the 1997 draft so he stayed in school.. You make it seem it's so easy to find a franchise QB but it's really not..

It's a bit early for this told ya so stick.

They're 3-3 with two of those losses coming against what look to be clearly the two best teams in the AFC. I never really seen the hype with the Bills though, I don't think Ryan's under huge pressure to make the playoffs this season. We should be finishing ahead of them. 

Theyre 1-3 at home and their 2 road wins are against Tenn and the fins, who suck.  

Going by your reasoning no Jet HC since Weeb really wanted a top QB..Even the Tuna could have had Manning but wouldn't say he would take him with the first pick in the 1997 draft so he stayed in school.. You make it seem it's so easy to find a franchise QB but it's really not..

Tuna had Vinny, who he selected and who played great here.  He also drafted Chad, who before his injuries was pretty damn good too.

Other than Tuna whos the great HC, great talent evaluator that would help make your point?  That the HCs since Weeb have mostly sucked doesnt help the case for Rex.

Isn't telling Tanny to go get him also agreeing to the pick?  The HC has a major say in who team's draft as their franchise QB, because a failure when making that selection almost always means the GM and HC eventually get fired.  Rex always said if they didn't get Sanchez he would have tried to talk Favre out of retirement.

Favre had Tanny convinced he was going to retire that why Tanny gave him his release.. Tanny got Tanny bombed..

And, full circle, Rex could have had Peyton as a free agent but Peyton wouldn't even take the call because Rex was a such a league-wide circus act.

It's not easy to find a franchise QB.  But Rex helped compound the situation by doubling down on Sanchez, thus setting back our chances of acquiring a real QB.  He should have been in Tanny's office screaming to draft Russell Wilson like Bradway was.  Or at the very least making sure the Jets didn't commit to Sanchez beyond his rookie deal. 

But partly because the Jets were concerned about hurting Sanchez's feelings by going after Peyton (Rex has a soft spot for players' feelings on these matters; just read Collision Low Crossers if you don't believe me), he was brought back for more garbage play.  Understanding the business side of the game is just another area where Rex is completely clueless, and it is a very damaging flaw for a Head Coach to have.

Archived