AFC Standings thru Week 6

Jetsfan80

Once again, tonight's MNF game is of the NFC variety, so here are the AFC Standings heading into Week 7.  We continue to prove we're legit.  Considering there is a sea of teams out there of the questionable variety, we're relatively rock solid by comparison.  Not to mention, despite New England's dominance so far this season, we by no means should be conceding the division at all. 

Also, when the Steelers get Big Ben back, they're going to be incredibly dangerous.  The fact that they beat Arizona with a combination of Vick and Landry Jones is crazy.

NOTE:  As I did last week, "tiebreakers" are determined by net points on my version of the standings rather than traditional tiebreakers.

AFC Standings Thru Week 6

1.  Bengals 6-0 (+ 60 net points)

2.  Broncos 6-0 ( + 37)

3.  Patriots 5-0 (+ 80)

4.  Jets 4-1 (+ 54)

5.  Steelers 4-2 (+ 37)

6.  Bills 3-3 (+ 6)

7.  Colts 3-3 (- 21)

8.  Dolphins 2-3 (- 8)

9.  Raiders 2-3 (- 17)

10.  Browns 2-4 (- 17)

11.  Chargers 2-4 (- 25)

12.  Texans 2-4 (- 27)

13.  Titans 1-4 (- 17)

14.  Ravens 1-5 (- 19)

15.  Chiefs 1-5 (- 32)

16.  Jaguars 1-5 (- 63)

Playoff projections:

1.  Patriots (AFC East champ, Homefield Advantage)

2.  Bengals (AFC North champ, 1st round Bye)

3.  Broncos (AFC West champ)

4.  Colts (AFC South champ)

5.  Jets (Wild Card)

6.  Steelers (Wild Card)

I think there must be a mistake here; I clearly remember the Bills and the Phins were the up and coming teams and the Jets were going to finish in the basement.  Please re-evaluate your standings :-)

Dolphins might be OK now that they have (yet another) interim head coach in the Parcells mold running things.  Last time they had that was Todd Bowles.  And in typical Dolphin fashion they'll probably let him end up a successful head coach elsewhere.

We are 3-0 in the conference and 1-0 in our division. Still early, but those are critical  numbers for tiebreakers down the road. 

We are playing with house money heading into Foxboro. After the Pats we have:

Raiders

Jags

Bills

Texans

Fish

Giants

Titans

4 of those games are at home. 2 are on the road and 1 is away at the Giants, but practically a home game. All 7 of those games are winnable. 

4 of those games are at home. 2 are on the road and 1 is away at the Giants, but practically a home game. All 7 of those games are winnable. 

I'd guess we'll be favored in all of those games except for the Giants.  Winning them all is another question of course...  :-)

The end of our schedule is pretty rough though.  Pats, @ cowboys (with Romo and Bryant back presumably), and @ bills - and we know Rex gets his players up to play the last game of the season...

A few games this week went in our favor and 2 games didn't go in our favor. 

Loved Packers winning against Chargers, Broncos winning against Browns, Bengals winning against Bills and 49ers winning against Ravens. 

Hated Steelers winning against Cardinals and didn't like Miami winning against Titans.

Overall, not a bad week. This race is shaping up to be a 9 win race. If Jets win 9 games, they will make the playoffs. And maybe even 8 games must be enough. Outside of Steelers, none of our Wild Card opponets have a winning record yet. Things are looking up for the Jets. If we win against Pats, we can start discussing winning the division.

Once again, tonight's MNF game is of the NFC variety, so here are the AFC Standings heading into Week 7.  We continue to prove we're legit.  Considering there is a sea of teams out there of the questionable variety, we're relatively rock solid by comparison.  Not to mention, despite New England's dominance so far this season, we by no means should be conceding the division at all. 

Also, when the Steelers get Big Ben back, they're going to be incredibly dangerous.  The fact that they beat Arizona with a combination of Vick and Landry Jones is crazy.

NOTE:  As I did last week, "tiebreakers" are determined by net points on my version of the standings rather than traditional tiebreakers.

AFC Standings Thru Week 6

1.  Bengals 6-0 (+ 60 net points)

2.  Broncos 6-0 ( + 37)

3.  Patriots 5-0 (+ 80)

4.  Jets 4-1 (+ 54)

5.  Steelers 4-2 (+ 37)

6.  Bills 3-3 (+ 6)

7.  Colts 3-3 (- 21)

8.  Dolphins 2-3 (- 8)

9.  Raiders 2-3 (- 17)

10.  Browns 2-4 (- 17)

11.  Chargers 2-4 (- 25)

12.  Texans 2-4 (- 27)

13.  Titans 1-4 (- 17)

14.  Ravens 1-5 (- 19)

15.  Chiefs 1-5 (- 32)

16.  Jaguars 1-5 (- 63)

Playoff projections:

1.  Patriots (AFC East champ, Homefield Advantage)

2.  Bengals (AFC North champ, 1st round Bye)

3.  Broncos (AFC West champ)

4.  Colts (AFC South champ)

5.  Jets (Wild Card)

6.  Steelers (Wild Card)

I don't think the Broncos or colts would want to play the jets or Steeles right now.  I'd bet both home teams go down in those match ups.

That net points is pretty ******* impressive. Normally a real indicator of who's legit, even this early. The Bengals have 6 more but have an extra game.

We haven't played an elite team so we mustn't get too carried away, but outside of one half we've been looking like a very good team. Whether the teams we're playing are good or not we're certainly making them look significantly inferior. 

That net points is pretty ******* impressive. Normally a real indicator of who's legit, even this early. The Bengals have 6 more but have an extra game.

We haven't played an elite team so we mustn't get too carried away, but outside of one half we've been looking like a very good team. Whether the teams we're playing are good or not we're certainly making them look significantly inferior. 

I love how our own fanbase discredits the Colts win in Indi.  Question, who looked better at Indi - pissed off Brady and the Pats hell bent on revenge for discrediting them  on their career accomplishments and super bowl win or the Jets?  The answer is the Jets.  The only reason the Pats won there is the Colts defeated themselves and the Jets owned the colts...but the Jets haven't beat anyone.  

F the media not giving us credit for anything, our own fanbase doesn't give their own team credit for anything half the time...

I love how our own fanbase discredits the Colts win in Indi.  Question, who looked better at Indi - pissed off Brady and the Pats hell bent on revenge for discrediting them  on their career accomplishments and super bowl win or the Jets?  The answer is the Jets.  The only reason the Pats won there is the Colts defeated themselves and the Jets owned the colts...but the Jets haven't beat anyone.  

F the media not giving us credit for anything, our own fanbase doesn't give their own team credit for anything half the time...

It was a great win, I couldn't believe we pulled it out and admittedly gave us pretty much no chance beforehand. That said Indy don't look like an elite team, which is all I'm saying. Good yes, but they're struggling and we did catch them at a nice time as they had basically no secondary. Still incredible how we just shut down Andrew Luck for most of the game in his own stadium and managed without Ivory playing at his best. 

Comparatively - If we beat the Patriots in Foxboro, we're entering the Super Bowl conversation.

It was a great win, I couldn't believe we pulled it out and admittedly gave us pretty much no chance beforehand. That said Indy don't look like an elite team, which is all I'm saying. Good yes, but they're struggling and we did catch them at a nice time as they had basically no secondary. Still incredible how we just shut down Andrew Luck for most of the game in his own stadium and managed without Ivory playing at his best. 

Comparatively - If we beat the Patriots in Foxboro, we're entering the Super Bowl conversation.

there isn't a team in the NFL that would be picked to win in foxboro.  If we win that game, we are at the top of the super bowl discussion.  Us, Green Bay, and Bengals and people would start comparing us to the Seahawks from 2 years ago...

Any time you can win an AFC road game against a perennial division winner its impressive. Regardless of the circumstances with injuries Indy was dealing with, that Colts win was an early signature victory for the new regime.  And even the Browns win looks pretty good given how tough they've been to beat. 

We're legit, and I think we'll prove that in Foxboro this week.  60 minutes of Hell for the Patriots to deal with.

Note how only 6 of 16 teams have a positive point differential.  Feels like parity has taken a year off and we have a small group of haves and a larger group of have-nots.  Which is perfectly fine as long as the Jets are in the first group.

Archived