Jets open as 9 Point Underdogs

Jetsfanri

It's not absurd. They're killing most teams, are the Superbowl champions and are at home, which generally tacks on 3 points anyways.

It's closer than I was actually expecting, even though I give us a really good chance.

THIS.... I want the spread BIG.  I take the JETS every year against the cheaters with a PATS fan.  i have a lot of catch up to do. 

Last year I tried to bet a game online and as soon as I made the wager my phone blew up with my bank calling and emailing saying that a clothing shop in China was attempting to use my credit card number, so I don't bet on games. 

Does anyone know of a legit site to place on-line bet on this game id like to wager $1000 with the 9 points easy money we are winning this game.

No problem being the underdog. This game with its usual   Blown-out-of-proportion media hype via ESPN will have a nice change of pace leading upto Sunday under Bowles. In today's PC, he stated its just another game and :

"WINNING THIS GAME WON'T MAKE US,

AND LOSING THIS GAME WON'T BREAK US."

The top 2 teams in the AFC East are playing their first game against each other; both teams are ranked in the top 10; one team seams to be running over most teams; and the teams don't like each other (a good rivalry).  For the players and coaches it is just game 6; for the fans (of both teams and the nfl) this is a quite interesting match up - plenty of hype to go around.  It is way more interesting than... bills vs. jaguars, bucaneers vs. redskins, falcons vs. titans, browns vs. rams, etc.

Hey, if we truly have a #1 defense then winning this game should be our expectation.  

Winning every game should be our expectation.

But if we don't win, it doesn't mean we pack it in for a month and whimper in the post-game presser... 

So the Jets are a team that has had the benefit of facing an easy schedule, but the Patriots have faced the average at best Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys without Romo, and Dez Bryant, pathetic Jacksonville, a Colts team that they seem to own, who by the way played better against the Patriots than they did us, and the Steelers who are a surprising 4-2. 

They're a good team but let's not get crazy, the competition has been terrible. Brady will be a huge challenge.

competition terrible ? have you looked at who the Pats have played ?? Or do they just get a pass with you because they are the Pats ?

I would say between the Jets and Pats the Jets have played the tougher schedule to date or its really close.

Vegas begging you put put money on the jets.  Means they think pats winning this one big.

Actually it's just perception. What it means is that +9 is, for now, bringing in closest to 50% of the handle on the Jets and 50% on the Pats. 

The less risk the better for the book, they would rather leave the gambling to the customers. 

Does anyone know of a legit site to place on-line bet on this game id like to wager $1000 with the 9 points easy money we are winning this game.

I use and have cashed (Canadian) checks from Bovada. Keep in mind if you deposit using a credit card, there is roughly a 4% fee from Bovada AND depending on your bank, a foreign transaction fee. Any other questions you can shoot me a DM, good luck.

The wiseguys think that's the line they need to create so people will bet both sides. Literally has nothing to do with who they think will win.

Exactly, I've said this too many times.  And to many think it means they think the Pats are 9 points better

competition terrible ? have you looked at who the Pats have played ?? Or do they just get a pass with you because they are the Pats ?

I would say between the Jets and Pats the Jets have played the tougher schedule to date or its really close.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz, but the Patriots do win 12+ games year in and year out. We have to dethrone them. Until that's done, I'll fear them. Not respect them, mind you. But fear.

Archived