Patriots celebrate Throwback Thursday with Buttfumble picture

rick34125

Patriots celebrate Throwback Thursday with Buttfumble picture

Embedded image permalink

Avid social media users are likely aware that Thursdays on various social networks are filled with pictures tagged “#TBT” in the caption.

The hashtag refers to “Throwback Thursday,” which users spend sharing pictures from days gone by to amuse, entertain or otherwise occupy the time of their followers. The Patriots decided to take part this Thursday with a picture that references a past Thursday meeting with the Jets, who will be in Foxborough on Sunday.

After years of Rex Ryan taking shots at the Patriots ahead of the annual meetings between the teams, we’ve been used to a lot of trash talk heading into Patriots-Jets games. That had not been the case this year with Todd Bowles in charge of the Jets and Bill Belichick remaining Bill Belichick, but it’s good to know that the fire still burns for some ahead of an intriguing AFC East clash.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/22/patriots-celebrate-throwback-thursday-with-buttfumble-picture/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How again is that relevant?  Are any of those guys even still on the team?

It's the equivalent of when Cubs fans were beating their chests about having swept the regular season series with the Mets 7-0 when, at the time, the Mets were missing David Wright, Travis d'Arnaud and had not yet added Cespedes, Juan Uribe, Kelly Johnson, Steven Matz, Michael Conforto or Tyler Clippard. 

Irrelevant smack talk.

How again is that relevant?  Are any of those guys even still on the team?

It tells you all you need to know that they are not so sure about this Jets team.

They want the old narrative to direct the discussion going forward but Bowles has called them out in the sense that he said they are one game.  Yes he is treating the Pats as they treat everyone else and I believe it worries them

That playoff game will go down as one of the most craziest experiences in football i have experienced. I was in a bar watching it and people were going insane like we won the superbowl. I want to feel that again so bad. And i want to feel it with brady and bellicheck on the team still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived