Patriots celebrate Throwback Thursday with Buttfumble picture

rick34125

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That playoff game will go down as one of the most craziest experiences in football i have experienced. I was in a bar watching it and people were going insane like we won the superbowl. I want to feel that again so bad. And i want to feel it with brady and bellicheck on the team still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Therein lies the problem. This is not the SB. Bowles is correct as was Marshall on Inside the NFL. Its just another game. NE does not give a damn either. They just want to make the playoffs and win. 

Therein lies the problem. This is not the SB. Bowles is correct as was Marshall on Inside the NFL. Its just another game. NE does not give a damn either. They just want to make the playoffs and win. 

No i understand that. Im saying a victory like that was such a great experience.

That playoff game will go down as one of the most craziest experiences in football i have experienced. I was in a bar watching it and people were going insane like we won the superbowl. I want to feel that again so bad. And i want to feel it with brady and bellicheck on the team still

it was amazing being there as the place emptied out and it was just jet fans left.  it certainly felt like we were finally going to reach the SB, unfortunately we didn't show up in the 1st half next week(I went to that one too, great experience but not quite as fun).

I still contend winning a super bowl couldn't have been any more gratifying than that.  Getting completely destroyed on the same field a month before, Rex talking it up, and no one anywhere giving the team a chance helped create the perfect scenario for the upset.  I don't see how beating Pittsburgh or GB would have equaled the high I was on after that game.  As a football fan the 2 things are I root for the hardest are Jet wins followed by Pat losses. 

I detest everything they stand for.

starting to get myself worked up for the game this weekend..  l hope we annihilate those smug, white bread, milquetoast, cheating, slimy pigs.

I still contend winning a super bowl couldn't have been any more gratifying than that.  Getting completely destroyed on the same field a month before, Rex talking it up, and no one anywhere giving the team a chance helped create the perfect scenario for the upset.  I don't see how beating Pittsburgh or GB would have equaled the high I was on after that game.  As a football fan the 2 things are I root for the hardest are Jet wins followed by Pat losses. 

starting to get myself worked up for the game this weekend..  l hope we annihilate those smug, white bread, milquetoast, cheating, slimy pigs.

45 - 3? By that score?

Perfectly stated.

I get that the SB is the end all be all, and it's the only thing that matters to fans around the league. It's the only thing that we as Jets fans would have bragging rights to if and when it finally happens. A road playoff game doesn't have that lasting cache.

But strictly as a die-hard fan of the Jets, and compulsive hater of everything Boston sports (stemming from my proximity to that place+friends/family being masshole sports fans), that win was as high as I think I would have gotten that year. Especially given the circumstances of the 45-3 game and no one in the entire universe giving us a chance.

The only other times I've felt anything similar to that are Aaron Boone's game 7 ALCS walk-off in '03, where the let down of not winning the World Series wasn't as low as the high of that win was, and Kemba and Shabazz's NCAA runs in '11+'14 when we shocked the college basketball world- twice. 

Look at the Patriots all shook, trying to rile the Jets up. Big mistake.

The Jets are in their head, they know how good we are this season. It's a wrap.

I don't know if it's a wrap but the Pats certainly appear to be looking at the Jets more than the Jets are looking at them. Except for Sheldon Richardson who is battling his Rex hangover and stills runs off at the mouth, even when it is clear there is a new sheriff in town.

Patriots celebrate Throwback Thursday with Buttfumble picture

Embedded image permalink

Avid social media users are likely aware that Thursdays on various social networks are filled with pictures tagged “#TBT” in the caption.

The hashtag refers to “Throwback Thursday,” which users spend sharing pictures from days gone by to amuse, entertain or otherwise occupy the time of their followers. The Patriots decided to take part this Thursday with a picture that references a past Thursday meeting with the Jets, who will be in Foxborough on Sunday.

After years of Rex Ryan taking shots at the Patriots ahead of the annual meetings between the teams, we’ve been used to a lot of trash talk heading into Patriots-Jets games. That had not been the case this year with Todd Bowles in charge of the Jets and Bill Belichick remaining Bill Belichick, but it’s good to know that the fire still burns for some ahead of an intriguing AFC East clash.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/22/patriots-celebrate-throwback-thursday-with-buttfumble-picture/

Whatever anyone says is irrelevant. That really was one of, if not the most ridiculously embarrassing play ever.

I'm very proud that it had to happen to us.

Sheldon just told Cimini the Jets are winning this Sunday.

That's NOT what Sheldon said.  Why can't Patriots and their fans ever be honest about anything?  Always lying, twisting the truth, distorting...  it's in your nature isn't it?   

Archived