Jets prepare for Tom Brady the same way as they prepared for Kirk Cousins

Jetman55

Jets safety says prepping for Brady is like prepping for, yes, Cousins

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/22/jets-safety-says-prepping-for-brady-is-like-prepping-for-yes-cousins/

Tom BradyAP

If the ill-advised decision of whoever works for (or used to work for) the Patriots to commemorate the butt fumble on #ThrowbackThursday resonated with the Jets, it’s been more than balanced out by the boastful comments of Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson — and by the inexplicable observations of Jets safety Marcus Gilchrist.

“You prepare [for Tom Bradythe same way you prepare for Kirk Cousins,” Gilchrist told USA Today on Thursday.

Wait, the Jets prepare for Brady the same way the prepared for Kirk Freaking Cousins?

“You don’t change,” Gilchrist said. “It’s like turning the light switch on and off because it’s a different person. Kirk Cousins could have easily come out there [last week] and we could’ve not played sound football and not been where we were supposed to be and he could’ve looked the same way [as Brady].

“We can’t allow one game to be bigger than the other. Do we realize the type of player we’re playing against? Yes, we do. But you don’t change. We’ve got to be 1-0 this week, regardless of who it is – Brady – regardless of who we’re playing.”

Gilchrist insisted he’s not disparaging anyone, but it’s hard to see the comments as anything other than a slap at Brady, who has more talent in his gall bladder than Cousins has in his entire body.

Regardless of what Gilchrist meant, his words give Brady even more fuel for a fire that already has been raging all season long, thanks to #DeflateGate.

My eyes almost just rolled out of my head reading this. Florio truly is a moron.

This is well established.

I just don't read the sh*t. There's absolutely nothing guys like Florio can tell me about football that I don't already know or ever need to know. 

So stupid!!!  The media is dying that Ryan and his mouth are no longer in NY.  To be successful week to

week in the NFL you better prepare for EVERYONE the same way.  If you prepare "harder" for one QB

over another, the "lesser" QB will beat you

So stupid!!!  The media is dying that Ryan and his mouth are no longer in NY.  To be successful week to

week in the NFL you better prepare for EVERYONE the same way.  If you prepare "harder" for one QB

over another, the "lesser" QB will beat you

I agree KRL Rex would play the Pats tough gives Brady fits and the next week lose to a crap team..

LOL at that headline what a bunch of morons. This is why I was happy to see all those Daily News guys get fired. They all lack integrity these days. When i was younger I  used to love reading the newspapers because the articles seemed to be always have a positive spin or sound analysis, now they spin every story into a controversy. 

This is well established.

I just don't read the sh*t. There's absolutely nothing guys like Florio can tell me about football that I don't already know or ever need to know. 

This.

Not tooting my horn as some know-it-all (I'm far from one), but I do know one thing: my knowledge of the game of football is vastly superior to any sports writer's. 

LOL at that headline what a bunch of morons. This is why I was happy to see all those Daily News guys get fired. They all lack integrity these days. When i was younger I  used to love reading the newspapers because the articles seemed to be always have a positive spin or sound analysis, now they spin every story into a controversy. 

print media is dead.  they need flashy and controversial headlines to get clicks.

I don't know how they sell one paper.   Access to information is nearly immediate right now via the internet.  Why wait for a late edition or tomorrow's paper?

Some people at work bring in Post or News so i glance through it. As I read it I realize that they are reporting on news that i heard about yesterday. No thanks. 

This is one of the more egregious headlines and manipulation of context.  Not by far the worst, but entirely unprofessional.  Everyone should simply stop reading these...As if Mike Florio has more knowledge.

Gilcrest said nothing at all wrong...he's completely and 100% correct.

While Sheldon's comments were also taken out of context (not nearly as bad) but he should shut the F up anyway.  I wish these guys would simply stop talking to the media.  Don't give them anything...

Some people at work bring in Post or News so i glance through it. As I read it I realize that they are reporting on news that i heard about yesterday. No thanks. 

Back before the internet, I would pore over the Post, News, and Newsday (especially Friday's editions) to get any fact about the Jets. Now, we get everything and more from JN on a minute-to-minute basis.  Thanks, Max.

I wish these guys would simply stop talking to the media.  Don't give them anything...

Remember "I'm only here so I won't get fined".  Unfortunately they CAN'T stop talking to the media without financial repercussions from the league... 

not just the headline.. the entire article is trash. it's from Florio, so what else would you expect? I mean.. twisting Gilcrest's words that you have to be even keeled and prepare for every opponent the same way week to week - from Cousins last to Brady this week- as some sort of slap in the face to Brady? yawn

Remember "I'm only here so I won't get fined".  Unfortunately they CAN'T stop talking to the media without financial repercussions from the league... 

I didn't mean literally stop talking...Just saying anything of substance.

Just give the canned answers and move on....We're going to do our best, we hope to win, we're going to work hard.  that kind of stuff....

Don't give them this nonsense to print.

I didn't mean literally stop talking...Just saying anything of substance.

Just give the canned answers and move on....We're going to do our best, we hope to win, we're going to work hard.  that kind of stuff....

Don't give them this nonsense to print.

I hear you but very few athletes have mastered the art of non-speak, especially football players which is hyper trash talked on the field.  Jeter was probably the best at it...

The thing that's most comical about this is Gilchrist gave the perfect answer, and the exact kind of thing that clearly goes right along with the mindset of Bowles.  It's one thing to desperately grasp at straws to make a big deal out of it when there's something slightly bad said, but this is nothing more than Gilchrist toeing the company line.  The point actually being made here is that you never underestimate anyone, so always have to prepare for the best.

My eyes almost just rolled out of my head reading this. Florio truly is a moron.

Agreed. Talk about trying desperately to turn a reasonable comment into bulletin board flaming. Florio should simply ask himself... how would Gilchrist change his practice methods because he's facing Tom Brady? What does Florio actually want him to do? It's just idiotic.

Agreed. Talk about trying desperately to turn a reasonable comment into bulletin board flaming. Florio should simply ask himself... how would Gilchrist change his practice methods because he's facing Tom Brady? What does Florio actually want him to do? It's just idiotic.

It says one thing that this is the kind of thing people have to resort to when they lack the talent, ability and discipline to do their job with a decent level of quality. It says something else entirely that this tactic actually "works".

Archived