Skrine Practices in full today - no red jersey

Jetman55

I wonder who is going to be inactive then. 6 CBs healthy and Walls is big on special teams. Interesting to see how they figure it out when Miliner is back in the next few weeks. Going to have to cut someone. 

Huh?  How so?  I dont think he's dressed but once all season long and I dont think he's seen the field, at all.  Like, literally not a single snap on the season.  

I have to admire your persistence to try to keep him relevant though.  lol

Walls wont be active if Skrine and Wiliams are. 

Interesting Rotoworld believes the Jets plan to use Skrine on Amendola and Revis on Edelman...I like it...

edelman has 0 career catches when covered by Revis...

Has he ever faced him?  lol

That will change this week.  Edelman is exactly the type of receiver that gets open on Revis.  He's too quick at the LOS for Revis to get his hands on and the Pats run soooo many illegal picks a game that guys are just open, doesnt matter who's covering them.

It will be interesting to see what Bowles does this week because the man up and blitz like crazy scheme is something that Brady eats alive.  He's the best in the biz vs. the pass rush and they scheme to beat man to man better than anyone because they'll take 2 flags a game on illegal screens as long as they get away with the other 20....and they will, especially at home. 

Huh?  How so?  I dont think he's dressed but once all season long and I dont think he's seen the field, at all.  Like, literally not a single snap on the season.  

I have to admire your persistence to try to keep him relevant though.  lol

Walls wont be active if Skrine and Wiliams are. 

Jarret is out. He'll be active. I don't think he's played a snap on defense, but he's a gunner on special teams and has been impactful. The weeks he was out, the punt coverage suffered for sure. And what if Williams tweaks his hammy or Skrine gets a headache? No need to leave yourself shorthanded. I bet McDougle is inactive.  

Has he ever faced him?  lol

That will change this week.  Edelman is exactly the type of receiver that gets open on Revis.  He's too quick at the LOS for Revis to get his hands on and the Pats run soooo many illegal picks a game that guys are just open, doesnt matter who's covering them.

It will be interesting to see what Bowles does this week because the man up and blitz like crazy scheme is something that Brady eats alive.  He's the best in the biz vs. the pass rush and they scheme to beat man to man better than anyone because they'll take 2 flags a game on illegal screens as long as they get away with the other 20....and they will, especially at home. 

he has faced him twice, and the pats just didn't throw to him at all with Revis on him.

i also disagree on your assessment of Revis.  That's true for Cro, but Revis runs better routes than most WRs.  He's in and out of his back pedal as good as anyone who has ever played CB...including sanders, he just doesn't have sanders elite speed.

Jarret is out. He'll be active. I don't think he's played a snap on defense, but he's a gunner on special teams and has been impactful. The weeks he was out, the punt coverage suffered for sure. And what if Williams tweaks his hammy or Skrine gets a headache? No need to leave yourself shorthanded. I bet McDougle is inactive.  

You're right.  Looked at the wrong source.  No defensive snaps, but he's had 16 on ST's.  Zero tackles though.  So...not sure what he's providing but I'll take your word for it because I assume you focus on him while he's in the game.

I highly doubt McDougle is inactive.  He looked solid in limited play last week. 

he has faced him twice, and the pats just didn't throw to him at all with Revis on him.

i also disagree on your assessment of Revis.  That's true for Cro, but Revis runs better routes than most WRs.  He's in and out of his back pedal as good as anyone who has ever played CB...including sanders, he just doesn't have sanders elite speed.

Where are you getting that from?  Edelman was barely part of the offense when Revis was here in 2012 (21 reception in 2012) and Revis was injured in 2012 as well. When he was in Tampa, they played once and Edleman has 7 grabs that day. Are you saying they've lined up across from each twice?  Just isnt adding up. 

Edelman is shifty as hell and runs short routes, you cant backpedal on him because he's getting the ball too fast.  Those are the guys that can get open on Revis or anyone for that matter.  Dont expect him to take Edelman out of the game.  He'll get his...especially, like I mentioned earlier, the way they use illegal picks. 

The NY Jets received some good news on the injury front today. CB Buster Skrine practiced and is expected to play on Sunday. When playing the Patriots, having your secondary at full strength is imperative. Having Marcus Williams back will really help the depth that the Jets roll out onto the field. Other encouraging news […]

Click here to read the full story...

How is he cleared for contact in practice when he has two more steps in the protocol?  Seems odd. They can hit you in practice but not on Sunday?   Maybe it is just continued monitoring.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the steps is tomorrow morning he has to be symptom-free.

We held them pretty well last year with alot less talent..

don't tell that to the chicken littles around here...the colts and steelers can play them close...but not the poor old jets.

i can't believe more people aren't excited for this measuring sticks and plan to watch this like a horror movie covering their eyes during the good parts.  Kind of ashamed of my own fanbase sometimes...

don't tell that to the chicken littles around here...the colts and steelers can play them close...but not the poor old jets.

i can't believe more people aren't excited for this measuring sticks and plan to watch this like a horror movie covering their eyes during the good parts.  Kind of ashamed of my own fanbase sometimes...

Success breeds positive thoughts.  It will take time to change the guard.  Winter is coming and so are the NY Jets.

I have been for years it's seems some enjoy losses more then wins..

Archived