### Jets - Patriots The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

I wonder if we'll ever stop making excuses for why we lose to the Pats.

Brady destroyed our vaunted secondary and D-Line today.

Piss all pressure.

Our DB's put out a few good hits, but mostly let Brady have his way with them.

And Bowles looked like a deer in the headlights from 5 min to go to the final whistle.

Wasting the 2 minutes before the half down 13-10 with all three timeouts....inexcusable.

I'm sick of excuses.  This is a better team than the Pats everywhere but QB and TE.  Yet the same old same old, we lose.

We always lose.

**** sake, I can't even remember our last win over the Pats.

agree w most of your post. But i think the pats LBs are better. Hightower was in the jets backfield quite a bit. And the pats  have more capable wideouts to the jets two....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys complaining about clock management are clueless.  

If you listen to Bowles and the post game they explain to precisely why Bowles did what he did. 

First Bowles is an outstanding coach. Outstanding.  

You want to fantasize about Rex then you didn't see the Jaguars game today.  

Knock it off the Jets are a dam good team and they showed it today despite the loss.  

Good points Charlie.

Everyone is complaining about clock management and Marshals drop. What cost us the game was poor running (something wrong with Ivory?). Instead of bitching about a game we played well against one of the best teams in the NFL maybe we should start praying that Mangold is alright because losing him would be a devastating hit on our offense. Hope Pryor is alright too we will need him for the next game against NE, he actually did an alright job today before he went down.

I completely agree. the game came down them stopping the run and the wonderful field position they had thanks to our sh*tty punting. We were up on them ( in their barn may i add) up until the 4th. and after that clear holding wasn't called with 5 mins or so, i knew that the not only were we playing against the Pats, but against the refs as well. 

The Next game at home will be different.

its extremely rare to see a team throw it 54 times and run it 4. Even in today's NFL. Bowles didn't make adjustments to offset this - the 3rd and 17 was the nail in the coffin.  That was the game right there.  BB knows his OL isn't going to get penalized so he just threw and threw and threw and threw.

This is the Jets fanbase at its finest... but the criticism is not misplaced. The Jets dominated a good portion of the game and then fizzled out, giving up an enormous 3rd and 17. A big dropped touchdown pass and mismanaged clock to finish the game put the finishing touches on a loss.

This was a very winnable game and the Jets deserve the negative criticism that they are going to get. Especially Bowles. I love the guy but not using your timeouts after the 2 minute mark was one of the strangest things I have ever seen by a head coach.

Mistakes,  bad calls/judgments happen.  I am just putting my 2 cents in.  I wouldn't be complaining if I was a Jets' fan.  

The point of not using the TO's was brought up to him. At the end of the day, with them scoring the TD, it might not have mattered, unless you believe in fallacy of predetermined outcome

It was a compounding of a few things. Had Marshall caught a clear touchdown pass, the Jets would have been in a position to win the game instead of kicking a field goal and then having to onside kick it. B

..but it is what it is and we're moving onto Oakland. They're going to be a very tough game. The Jets traditionally do not travel well to the west coast and the Raiders are playing good football. This is a MUST WIN football game. The Jets do not have the luxury of dropping two in a row. The Dolphins, as bad as they are, are just a game behind us.

Despite the loss and how bad it stings. I think we are headed in the right direction. A few bone head calls from a rookie coach and few bad plays. Moving on. We are 4-2 with Oakland coming up. Nobody would have called this at this point. I think main concern should be for health of our players such as mangold pyror richardson. Proof that we are not the same team as we were last year. This kid on my fb is a die hard pats fan and never ever had anything good to say about the jets.

He just posted this cacddad984a0b2f2d835ab4a568f2f5b.jpg

Brady as some one else said "did not have a slam dunk win" like he previously has had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a good old fashioned jets-patriots game.There is no doubt in my mind that the jets are a playoff team. Just look at the schedule. Who else in the AFC are going to knock the Jets out of the playoffs? So it could be the Jets-Patriots in a 3 game year.

This was a good old fashioned jets-patriots game.There is no doubt in my mind that the jets are a playoff team. Just look at the schedule. Who else in the AFC are going to knock the Jets out of the playoffs? So it could be the Jets-Patriots in a 3 game year.

not sure I could do this three times.  Going to need a bigger buffet.

Archived