### Jets - Patriots The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

Are you kidding me?  Edelman dropped a TD pass.  Grady overthrew Gronk by 2" for what would have been a TD.  Lafell dropped six passes.

The Pats made a lot more errors than the Jets.  This was only close because of the Pats sloppiness.  

so you described a football game.  And made it into a game of what ifs.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Fouts was the commentator- he was the one who referenced the Hilary Clinton emails during the game.  I wasn't talking about the officiating.

Okay,  thank you for letting me know.  Apologies for the confusion on my part.  

Are you kidding me?  Edelman dropped a TD pass.  Grady overthrew Gronk by 2" for what would have been a TD.  Lafell dropped six passes.

The Pats made a lot more errors than the Jets.  This was only close because of the Pats sloppiness.  

Yep and the Jets shoulda scored TD's when they kicked 2 FG's.. Both team made mistakes and things happen during the game, otherwise I should say the Pats only won because our punter sucked, ivory was playing injured and pryor was taken out the game... CMONNNN man.. 

This is what I gathered from the box score: Brady went Brady and Fitz couldn't push the ball down the field to counter. Pretty much?

brady suddenly out of nowhere got in a zone, amendola making circus catches, jets blitz 2 off the same edge, leave gronk wide open, pats* go up 10.

on the TD drive coming out of the 2 minute warning, bowles was faced with 2nd and 3 and he decided not to take a TO.  he let it go down and gave up 30 seconds, but had all 3 TO's for the offense.  he was in a tough spot there.  if he calls TO, the pats can make a 1st down and be point blank range for the TD and just eat the clock so he picked his poison

The  jets drive for a FG, brandon (I giveth and I taketh away) marshall recovers the OSK.  15 seconds left.  fitz can't reach the EZ from there, so they throw over the middle, try to spike it, and marshall isn't lined up right so 10 second run off, game over

the jets D-line was gassed from 555 pass rushes, and they couldn't get any pressure. 

brady suddenly out of nowhere got in a zone, amendola making circus catches, jets blitz 2 off the same edge, leave gronk wide open, pats* go up 10.

on the TD drive coming out of the 2 minute warning, bowles was faced with 2nd and 3 and he decided not to take a TO.  he let it go down and gave up 30 seconds, but had all 3 TO's for the offense.  he was in a tough spot there.  if he calls TO, the pats can make a 1st down and be point blank range for the TD and just eat the clock so he picked his poison

The  jets drive for a FG, brandon (I giveth and I taketh away) marshall recovers the OSK.  15 seconds left.  fitz can't reach the EZ from there, so they throw over the middle, try to spike it, and marshall isn't lined up right so 10 second run off, game over

the jets D-line was gassed from 555 pass rushes, and they couldn't get any pressure. 

Thank you, Larz.

the worst part of this whole deal is the pats* were sloppy.  they got a huge break with the fumble that got kicked to brady who, of course, catches it, but 6 drops from a pats* WR will never happen again and they had like 15 yards rushing

special teams are a weekly problem

the worst part of this whole deal is the pats* were sloppy.  they got a huge break with the fumble that got kicked to brady who, of course, catches it, but 6 drops from a pats* WR will never happen again and they had like 15 yards rushing

LARZ YOU ARE FIRED

the pats were sloppy on both ends. their defense had plenty of opportunities for INTs

I've seen posters go into rapid mental decline over the years, but nobody has let go of the ol' sanity rope more than stoicsentry. Never seen anything like it. 

I've always had this mental caricature of Rex stans as being so pathetic that they'd rather see their coach talk sh*t and lose than see their coach act like an adult and win, but in reality I always knew that no one, not even Pac, was that delusional and self-defeating. I was wrong.

Watching the Cowboys/Giants game right now. Dallas gets the ball back with 1 minute and 1 timeout before the half. And even with Cassel as their QB, they are going for a score. Is Dallas' offense with Matt Cassel that much better than ours that they can try to do something with half the time and less than half the timeouts?

How did the game end up, I missed it?

Archived