Chris Ivory

ECURB

What did Ivory have to do with the 2 late drives by Brady?

Our offense struggled, but I personally think we lost because our defense couldn't stop a 1-dimensional Pats offense.

If Ivory was 100% they never give back the lead in the 4th

Ivory's sore hammy made Marshall drop that TD pass. Also it caused Fitzpatrick to fumble deep in our territory on his first dropback. 

Spooky how much power are in those giant hammys of his. 

It actually did cause the Fitz fumble in a way... the 4 yard loss and came out of the game the play before that. Certainly changed things.

I am not saying Ivory effects things he doesn't and the sarcasm I get but the reality is this team can't get it done without him. That is just fact.

Our offense struggled, but I personally think we lost because our defense couldn't stop a 1-dimensional Pats offense.

Skrine Pryor and Baily all hurt at some point didn't help either. 

This is a relatively new team. It has vets but as a unit they are new. I think they played hard smart football for most of the game and got outclassed by the best QB at the end due to inexperience. WTF happened on the Gronk TD I just don't know. 

I am pissed and think the refs took points off the board for us on Cumby's no call in the endzone, but all in all we can play with "the best team in the AFC" Easily.

Not a moral victory. Just a constructive observation. 

The Raiders are looking pretty good right about now.

we have two losses that coincide with him not being in or healthy.  Pretty reasonable assumption.  But yeah.  Defense could not stop them when needed most.  The 3 and 17 play along with Marshalls drop put us away.

Couldn't agree more. How can a 'defensive genius' like Bowles not adjust to a non-stop air attack. Its not like they were disguising anything. In fact, they were daring us to stop them and we had no answer other than LaDropssie.

It actually did cause the Fitz fumble in a way... the 4 yard loss and came out of the game the play before that. Certainly changed things.

I am not saying Ivory effects things he doesn't and the sarcasm I get but the reality is this team can't get it done without him. That is just fact.

1. No, it did not cause him to fumble. What caused him to fumble was him fumbling. If you want to say it led to a sack, that's one thing (even if one disagreed). But the fumble was on him.

2. Did you just rep your own post?

We couldn't run all day. That changed the game a lot.

This team is going only as far as his hamstring can take it.

The offense falls off a cliff when he isn't full speed.

That's because it has to depend on Fitzy to throw the Jets to victory. I think Ivory is the Jets Most Valuable Player by far. Without him the run game crashes and the offense grinds to a halt.

Personally, I think the defense let us down; they are by far the best unit on the field; That being said, we played tough against arguably the best team in football early in the season with a rookie head coach in Gillette.  We should have come away with the win, but this team never quit - Bowels played it pretty smart; they adjusted better at half than we did.

Hopefully week 16 will come out differently.  The team is still looking pretty good; Gailey shook things up with his play calling; Fitz played pretty well.

We need to regroup and continue to pile up the wins and get better.

Trying to pinpoint one specific reason for a loss in a one possession game is at best foolish. There are at least 10 significant variables for each team that if changed could've resulted in a different outcome. What's the obsession by finding one scapegoat? I thought the bus tossing left town with Rex.

Trying to pinpoint one specific reason for a loss in a one possession game is at best foolish. There are at least 10 significant variables for each team that if changed could've resulted in a win. What's the obsession by finding one scapegoat? I thought the bus tossing left town with Rex.

our running backs outside of Ivory are not good.  Not a goat its a fact.

our running backs outside of Ivory are not good.  Not a goat its a fact.

And yet without illegal procedure we still win the game with a successful hail mary. There is two other variables and I haven't even had my coffee, yet. So therefore the RBs can't be reason for the loss, since other variables unrelated to RBs could've resulted in the win.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Ivory says "missed assignments" from the offensive line are one of the reasons he's struggled the past two weeks.

Ivory has been stymied for 58 yards on 32 carries over the past two weeks. "It starts up front," Ivory said. "We have to do a better job up front and just know our assignments." Ivory noticed a "lot of missed assignments" against the Raiders in Week 8. It's the first time Ivory has told his line to pick it up this season. C Nick Mangold's (neck) return would be a huge boost against the Jaguars.

Chris Ivory says "missed assignments" from the offensive line are one of the reasons he's struggled the past two weeks.

Ivory has been stymied for 58 yards on 32 carries over the past two weeks. "It starts up front," Ivory said. "We have to do a better job up front and just know our assignments." Ivory noticed a "lot of missed assignments" against the Raiders in Week 8. It's the first time Ivory has told his line to pick it up this season. C Nick Mangold's (neck) return would be a huge boost against the Jaguars.

Awesome!  Way to stick up for your team.  

You want to let your teammate know they aren't doing well, fine, tell them, or your coach.  Don't ******* do it through the ******* media. 

You want to let your teammate know they aren't doing well, fine, tell them, or your coach.  Don't ******* do it through the ******* media. 

Tell that to Harris, Wilkerson, and Bowles. Alluding to more missed assignments is a yawn at this point. It's also very troubling. Did the whole team smoke reefer before the game or something? WTF?

Tell that to Harris, Wilkerson, and Bowles. Alluding to more missed assignments is a yawn at this point. It's also very troubling. Did the whole team smoke reefer before the game or something? WTF?

To Harris, Wilkerson and Bowles.

Ivory's sore hammy made Marshall drop that TD pass. Also it caused Fitzpatrick to fumble deep in our territory on his first dropback. 

Spooky how much power are in those giant hammys of his. 

Let's not fool ourselves here. Pats would have stomped on our D all day long if it wasn't for the 10+ dropped passes. We needed every bit of Ivory's hammy to beat the Pats. 

The 2nd play of the game had an impact on the end result?

That's pretty funny.

Well I guess a turnover in the first minute at the opponents 20 yard line has no bearing on the end result. 

Only a Pats fan can say that. 

1. No, it did not cause him to fumble. What caused him to fumble was him fumbling. If you want to say it led to a sack, that's one thing (even if one disagreed). But the fumble was on him.

2. Did you just rep your own post?

fumble on the first series was the least of our issues that game, since we took the lead into the 4th . But of course you just have to bring it up to put negative light on the QB who played very well and would have led us to victory if we did not drop balls and give a cushion on defense when we should have been in their face the entire game. We lost a game we should have won and there were many issues attributed to that loss

Archived