Hate to Admit it but Brady on Montana's Level

Charlie Brown

This last game with the Pats and watching Brady on NFL Game Pass all year has me saying the unthinkable, at least for me, this year the guy has raised his level of play to that of Joe Freakin Montana IMO.

It is so scary and a little frustrating but it has to be said, cheating and being a whinny baby aside the dude is flat out great, Period!!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This last game with the Pats and watching Brady on NFL Game Pass all year has me saying the unthinkable, at least for me, this year the guy has raised his level of play to that of Joe Freakin Montana IMO.

It is so scary and a little frustrating but it has to be said, cheating and being a whinny baby aside the dude is flat out great, Period!!!

I would take Brady over Montana every day of the week..

he's been on his level for a while now, I think he passed him w/ that great 4th qtr in the last SB.  Both are worthy of being called the best ever but I go Brady b/c he has done it longer and been more durable.  I can't stand NE but I appreciate greatness and Brady is just the best I have ever seen.

If the refs didn't let anyone touch Montana and called the same bs PI calls they get today then this wouldn't be a discussion. 

Brady is the beneficiary of systematic cheating, a game catered to the offense, and the recipient of dozens of roughing the Brady calls.  If he played in the 80's he'd be a pro bowler but unlikely to be mentioned as a HOF candidate.

Teams were allowed to hit Montana, so spare me this crap. 

Thank you.

Comparing players from different eras never works out. The state of the NFL right now is that of 1980s NHL. 

That said, Brady is obviously one of the greatest ever. I'd have more respect if he wasn't such a sissy bitch though. Same goes for a guy like Sidney Crosby.

11 TDs, 0 INTS, zero losses in Super Bowls and for all of you idiots who are gonna scream about Jerry Rice, Montana won two SBs before he ever heard Rice's name. Brady couldn't win with Randy Moss. 

Montana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brady.

And I'm being generous. 

If the reps didn't let anyone touch Montana and called the same bs PI calls they get today then this wouldn't be a discussion. 

Brady is the beneficiary of systematic cheating, a game catered to the offense, and the recipient of dozens of roughing the Brady calls.  If he played in the 80's he'd be a pro bowler but unlikely to be mentioned as a HOF candidate.

If Montana were playing today he'd win every Super Bowl. 

11 TDs, 0 INTS, zero losses in Super Bowls and for all of you idiots who are gonna scream about Jerry Rice, Montana won two SBs before he ever heard Rice's name. Brady couldn't win with Randy Moss. 

Montana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brady.

And I'm being generous. 

Keep in mind that the real SB for Joe was the conf title game as the NFC was head and shoulders better than the AFC. 

Brady won where his best WRs were Julian Edelman and Troy Brown.  w/ randy Moss he went undefeated and gave the pats a lead w/  TD to Moss late in the SB only to watch the D blow it.

6 SBs apps w/ 4 SB wins is better than 4 SB apps and 4 SB wins especially in this salary cap era where you can't keep teams together anymore unlike the Niners of the 80s.

and QBs of eras before Montana said the same thing about Joe.  Eras change, rules change.  Players are bigger, stronger, faster than ever before.

Hitting was universal until Brady. 

He is bigger and allegedly strong too. 

In relative terms size and strength are red herrings. 

You could hit the quarterback when Montana played. You can't now. 

What is considered pass interference and defensive holding now weren't then. Illegal contact wasn't even a penalty until the 2000s. 

LT was better than Ray.

Ray beats him in the pre-game 'I may have vertigo' dance though.

LT is the best defensive player I have ever seen and it's not close but Ray is still an all time great and ther have been many great defensive players in Brady's era.

Keep in mind that the real SB for Joe was the conf title game as the NFC was head and shoulders better than the AFC. 

Brady won where his best WRs were Julian Edelman and Troy Brown.  w/ randy Moss he went undefeated and gave the pats a lead w/  TD to Moss late in the SB only to watch the D blow it.

6 SBs apps w/ 4 SB wins is better than 4 SB apps and 4 SB wins especially in this salary cap era where you can't keep teams together anymore unlike the Niners of the 80s.

Lol, no. The real SB is the SB game...every year. 

Absolutely  the Cap changes everything..

He is a cheater on a cheating organization, he will never be on the level of some of the past greats.  It doesn't matter if he wins another 5 super bowls.  Oh the national media will put him and that team up there but 25 years from now when talking about past greats the Pats and Brady will still be known as the cheaters.  They have no one but themsleves to blame in that regard.

LT is the best defensive player I have ever seen and it's not close but Ray is still an all time great and ther have been many great defensive players in Brady's era.

Ues, and al of them hindered by the lleague and refs.

Can't you say the same for Brady for his first three? The QBs he beat in his Super Bowls include Jake Delhomme and Russell Wilson. Montana beat Elway, Ken Anderson, Dan Marino and Boomer Esiason - and Boomer was league MVP that year. 

Leonard Marshall broke Montana's back with the crown of his helmet and there want even a flag thrown on the play. You literally cannot lay a finger on Brady above the numbers without it raining flags. Just stop.

this:

is a bigger hit than this:

He is a cheater on a cheating organization, he will never be on the level of some of the past greats.  It doesn't matter if he wins another 5 super bowls.  Oh the national media will put him and that team up there but 25 years from now when talking about past greats the Pats and Brady will still be known as the cheaters.  They have no one but themsleves to blame in that regard.

Very true but that on BB not the players..

Lol, no. The real SB is the SB game...every year. 

the AFC stunk in the 80s, the toughest game for NFC teams was the NFC title game.

so does Joe lose points for jerry Rice using stickum or Bill walsh messing w/ headsets after scripting plays?

Can't you say the same for Brady for his first three? The QBs he beat in his Super Bowls include Jake Delhomme and Russell Wilson. Montana beat Elway, Ken Anderson, Dan Marino and Boomer Esiason - and Boomer was league MVP that year. 

Delhomme led his O to 219pts in the 4th qtr and Brady had to lead his O to 18 to win the game.

Russell Wilson is a top QB in this league

Kurt warner is going to be a HOFer

Mcnabb was very good

the only QB that wasn't a top QB was delhomme was a PB QB.  are those guys marino and Elway? No but marino and Elway didn't have a lot of help and that was the job of the SF D.

Archived