Hate to Admit it but Brady on Montana's Level

Charlie Brown

I think scripting plays then pulling headset shenanigans so opponents couldn't use their headsets is on the same level as spygate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/bill-walsh-once-admitted-to-headset-gamesmanship-with-bill-parcells/

Then maybe Dan Marino or Peyton Manning should be your #1 if this is the case. If you can bring up something like this (which I didnt know) and compare it to Spygate (and we were around to see how big spygate was just by the way they actually hid what they ACTUALLY was doing) then I feel that if you can go out your way to lower Montana's prestige in order to compliment Brady then by doing so and comparing this to spygate should basically disregard both of them. 

I mean, if we can compare one isolated incident that we know of with SF (which by no means make it right) to what NE has done over years including playoff and superbowl games then there is no way in the **** that Tom Brady should be #1 on your list. 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady is the best player in the nfl. Its not even up for discussion. The only people who could pooh pooh that are jet fans but many here are admitting it today. Ive been saying it and taking sh*t for it for years.

Can you imagine the score if all those well thrown balls werent dropped?

This is one of those debates that will go on for a long time.  The game has changed very much as far as how the defense is allowed to play but I believe both would thrive in each others era.   If I were starting a team, my gut says to pick Brady.  My gut also tells me that I hate him.

Then maybe Dan Marino or Peyton Manning should be your #1 if this is the case. If you can bring up something like this (which I didnt know) and compare it to Spygate (and we were around to see how big spygate was just by the way they actually hid what they ACTUALLY was doing) then I feel that if you can go out your way to lower Montana's prestige in order to compliment Brady then by doing so and comparing this to spygate should basically disregard both of them. 

I mean, if we can compare one isolated incident that we know of with SF (which by no means make it right) to what NE has done over years including playoff and superbowl games then there is no way in the **** that Tom Brady should be #1 on your list. 

I think spygate is overblown too, I think plenty of teams did stuff like that.  Jimmy Johnson admitted it. I don't think there is a team out there that doesn't look to gain some sort of edge whether it was the Jets/Giants in the 80s opening and closing doors to manipulate wind, Shula not putting a tarp down prior to the '82 title game, stickum, greasing up OL, messing w/ headsets, etc... everyone tries to bend rules.

I am not lowering Montana, I am just using the same criteria.  if Brady is taken down b/c of supposed cheating then so should Joe.  I don't lower either, I think both are very worthy of best of all time and in my opinion Brady is #1.

People like Montana now b/c that stuff softens over time but in his playing days he wasn't well liked by non Niner fans.  he made a lot of people Niner fans(just as Brady makes a lot of people Pats fans)  but outside of Niner fans everyone hated that grin b/c they knew he was going to kill you.  Eventually after Brady retires he will become more appreciated.

Bullshit dude. Montana was great and people admired him.  Brady is great and people think he is a pompous jerk off.  It's not even close.

Brady is the best player in the nfl. Its not even up for discussion. The only people who could pooh pooh that are jet fans but many here are admitting it today. Ive been saying it and taking sh*t for it for years.

Can you imagine the score if all those well thrown balls werent dropped?

People can say what they want about "Jets fans". It wasnt Jets fans that decided do tarnish Brady's legacy. That was his own doing. The man is obviously good enough to win championships. The **** do you have to cheat for? Peyton was good enough to win them, you dont ever hear any of this nonsense surrounding him. Then again you dont hear Peyton winning 4 of 6 championships either. The man went to I believe 3 SB's and won 1. In today's league given the shenanigans with the Pats, this type of accomplishment isnt even highly respected. 

You can call it pooh all you like. They cheated teams out of fair SB's with having arguably the best QB in the game. You actually LOSE respect doing sh*t like that. 

Bullsh*t dude. Montana was great and people admired him.  Brady is great and people think he is a pompous jerk off.  It's not even close.

as we age we remember things differently such as that other poster saying Montana and QBs in his era didn't go down easily then I posted a video w/ 4 sacks where he gave himself up in each.  Montana was not beloved across the league.  he is now, he wasn't then.

Brady is a cheater, Montana is not. Its not even close. 

a lil deflation might be cheating. Kinda like not adding the skinny chicken you won at the fair to your taxable income. 

In other words, a slightly deflated ball is about the most minimal form of cheating anyone can do.

hey his balls are inflated this year and is he not having his best year?  U guys with your sour grapes just admit the guy is no. 1 and rightfully so

People can say what they want about "Jets fans". It wasnt Jets fans that decided do tarnish Brady's legacy. That was his own doing. The man is obviously good enough to win championships. The **** do you have to cheat for? Peyton was good enough to win them, you dont ever hear any of this nonsense surrounding him. Then again you dont hear Peyton winning 4 of 6 championships either. The man went to I believe 3 SB's and won 1. In today's league given the shenanigans with the Pats, this type of accomplishment isnt even highly respected. 

You can call it pooh all you like. They cheated teams out of fair SB's with having arguably the best QB in the game. You actually LOSE respect doing sh*t like that. 

Peyton has far too often gagged in the big spot despite having elite talent every year around him.  he's lucky he has 1 title where he faced an easy road to the title and his D/run game carried him. 

as we age we remember things differently such as that other poster saying Montana and QBs in his era didn't go down easily then I posted a video w/ 4 sacks where he gave himself up in each.  Montana was not beloved across the league.  he is now, he wasn't then.

Maybe it's my age.  But I think 15 years after he retires nobody other than Pat fans will say his name without mentioning cheater.  Don;t care if you think he is a cheater or not.  Does not matter.   He will always be known as the greatest QB ever that more likely than not cheated.

Maybe it's my age.  But I think 15 years after he retires nobody other than Pat fans will say his name without mentioning cheater.  Don;t care if you think he is a cheater or not.  Does not matter.   He will always be known as the greatest QB ever that more likely than not cheated.

It will be the other way around more than likely. People will just say he was great and maybe cheated but maybe not. Time heals most wounds. Plus if he plays five more years and puts up sick stats I think people will soften. My Sox friends have softened on AROD. 

Bears 72 Pats Negative 12

You would first need to do something drastic to equalize the Pats' size advantage.  Otherwise, the rout would be on in the other direction.  LaGarrette Blount is bigger than anyone in Chicago's entire back 7.   And there are 12 players over 300 pounds on the Pats' roster.  There are only 2 players over 275 on the Bears roster (Van Horne and Fridge).  

The Bears D-line would get blown 5 yards off the ball on every snap and then good luck to all the Cato June types in the Bears back 7 trying to bring Blount to the ground (but the LOLz of Otis Wilson and Gary Fencik trying to cover Gronk would be well worth the price of admission).  Plus I'm guessing that BB and McDaniels can handle the 46 Defense a little better than Ray Berry could.  

a lil deflation might be cheating. Kinda like not adding the skinny chicken you won at the fair to your taxable income. 

In other words, a slightly deflated ball is about the most minimal form of cheating anyone can do.

hey his balls are inflated this year and is he not having his best year?  U guys with your sour grapes just admit the guy is no. 1 and rightfully so

His balls appear to be in your mouth frankly..........

People will forget, they always do. 

I think spygate is overblown too, I think plenty of teams did stuff like that.  Jimmy Johnson admitted it. I don't think there is a team out there that doesn't look to gain some sort of edge whether it was the Jets/Giants in the 80s opening and closing doors to manipulate wind, Shula not putting a tarp down prior to the '82 title game, stickum, greasing up OL, messing w/ headsets, etc... everyone tries to bend rules.

I am not lowering Montana, I am just using the same criteria.  if Brady is taken down b/c of supposed cheating then so should Joe.  I don't lower either, I think both are very worthy of best of all time and in my opinion Brady is #1.

When evidence is purposely destroyed its "big enough". You can think whatever you like, the Pats were actually caught doing it then protected by the league by destroying evidence that would have showed just how pervasive the cheating was. 

Opening and closing doors was never something that the commish of the league felt the need to burn then hold an "all owners" meeting in order to inform them that we're going to kill this situation here, while fining the HC half a million and docking the team high draft picks. Mind you, all that was done without the commish actually telling the OWNERS OF THE LEAGUE how pervasive the cheating actually was and used the excuse of "burning the evidence" as a way for this to never happen again. 

Tom Brady is an absolute beast of a QB, but he's is the QB of a team that has committed some of worst offenses against the league and its players/teams. Opening/closing doors to get a wind advantage isnt the same as recording Rams practices days before the f'ing Superbowl. 

His balls appear to be in your mouth frankly..........

hey dont get me wrong....i ****in despise the guy

i hate his skill

i hate his good looks

i hate his hot wife

i hate his smugness

i hate how he ruins 2perfectly good sundays every year for me im just being fair thats all.

its kind of like some rush hater saying that alex is a super over rated guitarist because he uses 9 gauge strings......give me a break

When evidence is purposely destroyed its "big enough". You can think whatever you like, the Pats were actually caught doing it then protected by the league by destroying evidence that would have showed just how pervasive the cheating was. 

Opening and closing doors was never something that the commish of the league felt the need to burn then hold an "all owners" meeting in order to inform them that we're going to kill this situation here, while fining the HC half a million and docking the team high draft picks. Mind you, all that was done without the commish actually telling the OWNERS OF THE LEAGUE how pervasive the cheating actually was and used the excuse of "burning the evidence" as a way for this to never happen again. 

Tom Brady is an absolute beast of a QB, but he's is the QB of a team that has committed some of worst offenses against the league and its players/teams. Opening/closing doors to get a wind advantage isnt the same as recording Rams practices days before the f'ing Superbowl. 

the Pats didn't destroy it, the league did.  why? b/c they know other teams have done it too and didn't want everything to come out.

what has BB ever won as a HC w/o Brady? he's a complete failure w/o him, did he only cheat w/ Brady and no one else?

the Pats didn't destroy it, the league did.  why? b/c they know other teams have done it too and didn't want everything to come out.

what has BB ever won as a HC w/o Brady? he's a complete failure w/o him, did he only cheat w/ Brady and no one else?

You have excuses for everything under the sun minus Geno Smith. 

You're hilarious. 

The foolish argument, quite frankly, belongs to those of you who think that by deflating balls somewhat you are able to put up hof numbers. In fact i suppose if geno smith decides to take 1.5 pounds from each ball it will get him 4 sb rings and a 56-4 home win loss record

you guys are ******* dumb as rocks forget law school

The foolish argument, quite frankly, belongs to those of you who think that by deflating balls somewhat you are able to put up hof numbers. In fact i suppose if geno smith decides to take 1.5 pounds from each ball it will get him 4 sb rings and a 56-4 home win loss record

you guys are ******* dumb as rocks forget law school

I find it amazing that you make the above statement you just made and then accused everyone else being as dumb as a box of rocks.  Keep up the personal attacks and I will give you plenty of time to study. 

I deal in reality not excuses. 

No you dont, though you'd like to tell yourself that. 

You just said that the league destroyed the evidence against the pats (actual evidence) because they knew that the rest of the league has done it and they didnt want everything to come out. Where's the proof that this is the reason why they destroyed the evidence against the Pats? 

I'll wait. And do me a favor, please dont answer with some generic statement. Please provide a link, interview etc. showing that this is specifically why the league burned the tape and I will give you credit for it and shut my mouth. Oh, and please let this source be the actual league, not some media journalist making the same assumption that you're making. 

I wont hold my breath though...because that statement wasnt based on "reality" just more of your excuses for a dude that cheated against your own team yet you dont even give that level of support to your own QB. 

There are only 15 undrafted players in the HOF.

brady

Good to see you here my friend and people have gone way overboard; I specifically said that your boy is playing at Montana's level this year not that he has had a career playing at this level. 

The truth is Brady has been masterful this year...Spooky Good....

Hard to compare QBs different eras and so forth but to say that Brady is better than Joe is going to far as so many have taken such a leap!!!

It will be the other way around more than likely. People will just say he was great and maybe cheated but maybe not. Time heals most wounds. Plus if he plays five more years and puts up sick stats I think people will soften. My Sox friends have softened on AROD. 

I guess.  Time will tell.

indeed

they forgot vick tortured animals

they forgot pete townsen jerked off to naked infants

theyll forget about soft footballs

I didnt forget about Vick torturing animals. I've chosen to get over it since he served his time. I didnt know about Pete jerking off to infants though, but then again most people would prefer you do that than kill a dog. 

oh yeah....which expert debunked it? lol. it's common knowledge that the rules are geared towards offense now. montana would have a field day with these rules

I did. 

No you dont, though you'd like to tell yourself that. 

You just said that the league destroyed the evidence against the pats (actual evidence) because they knew that the rest of the league has done it and they didnt want everything to come out. Where's the proof that this is the reason why they destroyed the evidence against the Pats? 

I'll wait. And do me a favor, please dont answer with some generic statement. Please provide a link, interview etc. showing that this is specifically why the league burned the tape and I will give you credit for it and shut my mouth. 

I wont hold my breath though...because that statement wasnt based on "reality" just more of your excuses for a dude that cheated against your own team yet you dont even give that level of support to your own QB. 

there's much more to this story than most of us know.

I don't support Jet QBs? huh?

Archived