Hate to Admit it but Brady on Montana's Level

Charlie Brown

Bullsh*t dude. Montana was great and people admired him.  Brady is great and people think he is a pompous jerk off.  It's not even close.

I agree with this sentiment, I was a Jets fan when Montana played and LOVED HIM!! 

I was also pissed how San Fran treated Joe at the end, and thinking on it now, my strong feelings for Joe made me like Young less.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's much more to this story than most of us know.

I don't support Jet QBs? huh?

Then stop making excuses for things that you actually dont know then calling the excuses "reality". 

And yea, you support Fitz, but maybe the amount of hatred (or lack of excuses/consideration) for Geno should actually be directed at your #1 QB Tom Brady given all the excuses you have for him and that piss poor organization. 

Then stop making excuses for things that you actually dont know then calling the excuses "reality". 

And yea, you support Fitz, but maybe the amount of hatred (or lack of excuses/consideration) for Geno should actually be directed at your #1 QB Tom Brady given all the excuses you have for him and that piss poor organization. 

you have me confused w/ someone else.  I have been defending geno.

I appreciate greatness, I hate Brady and the pats but I can tip my hat to greatness.  I wish he was here doing it but he's not and he's the best I have ever seen. it's painful to admit but I am an honest person.

yeah....safe to say it wasnt debunked then. when nyjunc( the guy who thinks mark sanchez was a great qb) speaks about qb's people don't listen

show me one post where I called Mark Sanchez great?  just one.

why must people make things up just b/c they cannot keep up in discussions?

you have me confused w/ someone else.  I have been defending geno.

I appreciate greatness, I hate Brady and the pats but I can tip my hat to greatness.  I wish he was here doing it but he's not and he's the best I have ever seen. it's painful to admit but I am an honest person.

Then you're my best friend! :-)

Disregard every bad thing I said about Tom Brady and that wonderful Patriots organization too! 

I find it amazing that you make the above statement you just made and then accused everyone else being as dumb as a box of rocks.  Keep up the personal attacks and I will give you plenty of time to study. 

there was no personal attack, francis. 

People are saying brady is not as good as his stats suggest because he cheated. So then, what is he? A mediocre qb whos underflated balls gave him hof stats? Can anyone perform some minor cheating and become montanaesque?

how exactly can someone cheat and put up not just good figures, but figures that might make him the best qb to ever play? 

Do tell mr moderator, im all ears

People are saying brady is not as good as his stats suggest because he cheated. So then, what is he? A mediocre qb whos underflated balls gave him hof stats? Can anyone perform some minor cheating and become montanaesque?

how exactly can someone cheat and put up not just good figures, but figures that might make him the best qb to ever play? 

Thats what happens when you cheat. You lose respect. 

Hope your ears caught that. 

I caught it. I have lost respect for him myself

hes a fool because he tarnished his name for nothing. I know he deflated balls and now hes an asterisk. 

But his accomplishments are not due to cheating. This year is clear evidence of that as im sure those balls are spot on.

It annoys me to see bitter jet fans who over and over want to point that out in a feeble attempt to take him down. Their argument is weak. Thats how i see it. Sour grapes fellas the pats got mad lucky with that 7th round pick

Joe Montana is by far the greatest QB ever.

Brady is a great QB and could be in the same conversation as Montana but his legacy will be forever tainted by cheating and it's unfortunate that he was dragged to the dark side by Bill Belichick. If I were the commish belichick would have been the hell out of this league for cheating years ago like when they first found the tapes of the Rams SB practices.

I will say this though once the NFL smartens up and starts to challenge Bradys receivers by attacking them within 5 yards this will continue. In all honesty I expected the Jets to do this on Sunday but they didn't and they paid the price. The Pats run a short passing ball control offense and until you get in their face they will KILL you underneath. They will eventually be exposed and it might very well happen in the playoffs because we have done this to them in the past and were successful with basically facing the same cast of characters. Brady is going to take what you give him the problem is the NFL defenses need to stop giving.  

Telling a group of people they are all dumber than a box of Rocks is a personal attack. 

Not sure anybody is saying that at all.  Anybody who uses Brady and mediocre in the same sentence is trying too hard.  Guy is a great QB who has been accuse of cheating.  He also suffers from playing for a team that has been fined heavily for cheating.  Montana is easier to like than Brady was my point.

Most close football games come down to one or two key plays.  Like this Sunday I would say the 3 and 17 play we gave up and the Touchdown Brandon dropped cost us the game.  If we knew the play Pats were going to run and stopped them it would have helped our effort to win.  If we did anything to make the ball easier to hold onto like stickem or a softer ball easier to grip then Brandon holds one for the TD.  We probably win the game.  Doesn't take much.  Brady puts up great numbers because he is a great QB and nobody can argue that.  But I think the things the Patriots have done is more likely to increase wins rather than Brady stats.  Again... Brady is one of the best to play the game.  He is thought of in pop culture right now as a cheater.  Google it.  Great QB but a cheater. 

Oh yeah.  I disagree you are are all ears.  More like all mouth.

I agree with this sentiment, I was a Jets fan when Montana played and LOVED HIM!! 

I was also pissed how San Fran treated Joe at the end, and thinking on it now, my strong feelings for Joe made me like Young less.

It was the right move at the time.

They got a #1 for Joe, and got another HOF QB who lasted longer than Montana.   Of course, Montana had the Chiefs in the AFC championship game till he and I think it was Marcus Allen both got hurt.

show me one post where I called Mark Sanchez great?  just one.

why must people make things up just b/c they cannot keep up in discussions?

here is a quote from you.....

"2010 he was a top 10 QB in this league.  Played great late in games to pull out a bunch of wins.  he had some clunkers too but overall he was very good that season and stepped up in big moments for us."

calling him a top 10 qb (when he wasn't even close to a top 10 qb) and saying he was great. your love for mark sanchez is well known to be over the top and bordering on homosexual.

I caught it. I have lost respect for him myself

hes a fool because he tarnished his name for nothing. I know he deflated balls and now hes an asterisk. 

But his accomplishments are not due to cheating. This year is clear evidence of that as im sure those balls are spot on.

It annoys me to see bitter jet fans who over and over want to point that out in a feeble attempt to take him down. Their argument is weak. Thats how i see it. Sour grapes fellas the pats got mad lucky with that 7th round pick

You take one way the Patriots have cheated away and they just come up with more ways to bend the rules like all these pick plays they have been running for instance.

"2010 he was a top 10 QB in this league.  Played great late in games to pull out a bunch of wins.  he had some clunkers too but overall he was very good that season and stepped up in big moments for us."

calling him a top 10 qb (when he wasn't even close to a top 10 qb) and saying he was great. your love for mark sanchez is well known to be over the top and bordering on homosexual.

so I ask again- where did I call him a great QB?

he was top 10ish in that 2010 season, that was his best season. top 10 is not great by the way.

"played great late in games" is very different from calling someone "great". it's the little words that can be confusing to some, next time have someone else read it for you so they can explain it and you won't have these confusing issues. 

Can you imagine if Rodgers had a diabolical HC who promoted a culture of cheating?  Why are people forgetting that the early 00's "dynasty" is marred by spygate.  What could Aaron R. do if he was being spoon fed what the D was going to do on every play? 

Was it a coincidence that the Pats were seemingly in the right spot many times on crucial defensive stops during the Rams' drives in the SB.

Fact of the matter is in 10-20 years if you ask fans to describe the Pats with BB and Brady in 1 word, the overwhelming majority of people outside of MA will say "cheaters".

so I ask again- where did I call him a great QB?

he was top 10ish in that 2010 season, that was his best season. top 10 is not great by the way.

"played great late in games" is very different from calling someone "great". it's the little words that can be confusing to some, next time have someone else read it for you so they can explain it and you won't have these confusing issues. 

even calling him very good is bad enough, as he is terrible. i wasnt going to keep searching as this quote proves my point. your qb analysis is skewed by stupidity and a false sense of what makes a good qb. your manlove for sanchez is ridiculous and your football analysis is laughable at best. you are a joke for the most part. you are a joke at finheaven, here and probably any other football site you post at.

This is NOT about whether or not Brady is a great QB this is about his legacy being tarnished by CHEATING and to be honest it is tarnished. I personally do not think him deflating balls had anything to do with his ability, it was just something that made him grip the ball more comfortably OR was he instructed by Belichick to do it to prevent fumbles and get better ST results on bad punts due to deflated balls ? The numbers say it did help in both those aspects of the game. Bottom line is he did it and now he's going to pay the price. He was also the QB when spy gate was a huge issue so there's that as well.

You can make a case he would have won without those little tidbits but some people could care less since they (Pets) have ruined the integrity of the game. Is this any less than what Pete Rose did ? Pete NEVER cheated on the field he earned all his stats just made a poor decision gambling on his own team IMHO what the Pets have done is much much worse.

This is NOT about whether or not Brady is a great QB this is about his legacy being tarnished by CHEATING and to be honest it is tarnished. I personally do not think him deflating balls had anything to do with his ability, it was just something that made him grip the ball more comfortably OR was he instructed by Belichick to do it to prevent fumbles and get better ST results on bad punts due to deflated balls ? The numbers say it did help in both those aspects of the game. Bottom line is he did it and now he's going to pay the price. He was also the QB when spy gate was a huge issue so there's that as well.

You can make a case he would have won without those little tidbits but some people could care less since they (Pets) have ruined the integrity of the game. Is this any less than what Pete Rose did ? Pete NEVER cheated on the field he earned all his stats just made a poor decision gambling on his own team IMHO what the Pets have done is much much worse.

Paul Hornung is in the HOF and he was suspended for betting on games..

you might want to Google "personal attacks".  "You guys are as dumb as fu king rocks" probably qualifies. 

necky, I think you are being a little harsh here.

And let me preface this by saying I thought Sanchez was a below average Nfl QB.

Don't think Junc ever said Sanchez was a "great" QB; that he was not.

But since 2009, have the Jets had a better QB?

He delivered (and played exceptionally well) in the Jets 2nd greatest win in Jets franchise history.

as we age we remember things differently such as that other poster saying Montana and QBs in his era didn't go down easily then I posted a video w/ 4 sacks where he gave himself up in each.  Montana was not beloved across the league.  he is now, he wasn't then.

You continually prove that you're clueless about QBs from the past.  Joe Cool was admired by all.  He was recognized by most as a all time top of the list QB who you would kill to have him l ad your team.  He was a master of the come back at ND and continued that trend in SF.    He not only was the best I ever saw he was loved.  

He delivered (and played exceptionally well) in the Jets 2nd greatest win in Jets franchise history.

Glad to see you back Mike.

You should have tried Kessler for your appeal.  ;)

Welcome back. You so good at this. 

If the refs didn't let anyone touch Montana and called the same bs PI calls they get today then this wouldn't be a discussion. 

Brady is the beneficiary of systematic cheating, a game catered to the offense, and the recipient of dozens of roughing the Brady calls.  If he played in the 80's he'd be a pro bowler but unlikely to be mentioned as a HOF candidate.

Brady would be on the side line crying like a little girl if he played in that era.

every previous generation will complain about the current one.  it's been that way since the beginning of time.

Peyton is ARod, great #s guy, folds in big spots.  Brady is like Jeter would be on steroids w/ incredible #s and big play in big games winning championships.

Peyton's integrity has never been in question like Brady and Arod.

People can say what they want about "Jets fans". It wasnt Jets fans that decided do tarnish Brady's legacy. That was his own doing. The man is obviously good enough to win championships. The **** do you have to cheat for? Peyton was good enough to win them, you dont ever hear any of this nonsense surrounding him. Then again you dont hear Peyton winning 4 of 6 championships either. The man went to I believe 3 SB's and won 1. In today's league given the shenanigans with the Pats, this type of accomplishment isnt even highly respected. 

You can call it pooh all you like. They cheated teams out of fair SB's with having arguably the best QB in the game. You actually LOSE respect doing sh*t like that. 

This is a team sport. Superbowl wins have nothing to do with how great any single player is. The Colts defense won the game in 07, not just Manning. Brady has had the benefit of a great surrounding cast and a coach that knows how to" take advantage" of every rule...i.e. cheat. Brady is not the best QB ever.

a lil deflation might be cheating. Kinda like not adding the skinny chicken you won at the fair to your taxable income. 

In other words, a slightly deflated ball is about the most minimal form of cheating anyone can do.

hey his balls are inflated this year and is he not having his best year?  U guys with your sour grapes just admit the guy is no. 1 and rightfully so

From the mouth of a Pats fan. Incredible. They have cheated on more than one occasion and everyone except Pats fans know it.

I already posted a harder hit than that Marshall hit.  to suggest he isn't hit hard despite playing against bigger, stronger, faster players is false.  Brady has taken so many shots where I thought he'd be hurt(where I have seen other QBs get badly hurt) and gotten right back up.

remember this hit?

227190130.jpg

You either aren't old enough to have seen Montana play, or you just enjoy spewing stupid sh!t for the sake of argument. 

Montana took BEATINGS. I saw one get taken off the field in stretcher. Brady's never been hit the way he was. 

i see the powers to be let you off punishment

Archived