Dee Milliner

deucebag

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/10/nick_mangold_calvin_pryor_bilal_powell_jets-oaklan.html

CB Dee Milliner: He is fully recovered from wrist surgery that landed him on short-term injured reserve to begin the season. "I think he's ready to play when he's eligible," Bowles said of the former first-round draft pick. "We've just got to see if we've got room [on the active roster]." According to NFL rules, Milliner was eligible to practice after Week 6. And that's when he indeed returned to practice. He isn't eligible to play until after Week 8 (this week). So Milliner could be activated as soon as Monday, for the Jets' Week 9 home game against the Jaguars. But it's not a sure thing yet that Milliner will be added to the active roster next week, after the Jets return from Oakland. 

In Bowles defense the more CB's the better....lots of nickel packages - would like to see him out there ASAP...could give some others a series off to stay fresh.

Who is he going to play over? McDougle and Walls are on par with him and they barely see the field except for specials. Marcus Williams barely gets any run and he's way better. Milliner is a long shot to get activated any time soon. The Jets have a huge roster crunch with all of the injuries.

9th player overall in the 2013 NFL Draft & we are struggling to find a spot for him on the 53 man roster.       Eh-hem,...........BUST.

A couple of points:

- He's not eligible to be activated until next week, so the fact that he hasn't been activated yet doesn't mean anything.

- We have lots of injuries potentially keeping players out of games (but not on the IR).  Wesley Johnson is on in case Mangold is limited.  And if Pryor is hurt, we only have 2 safeties.

If Mangold is good to go next week, and we waive Johnson, it's possible we'll need to call up Rontez Miles if Pryor is still dinged up.

But yes, at this point, I'd have to say he'd be the 5th or 6th CB.

9th player overall in the 2013 NFL Draft & we are struggling to find a spot for him on the 53 man roster.       Eh-hem,...........BUST.

Other than he has never struggled to find a spot on the 53 man roster you might have a point.

Of course, you don't.

A couple of points:

- He's not eligible to be activated until next week, so the fact that he hasn't been activated yet doesn't mean anything.

- We have lots of injuries potentially keeping players out of games (but not on the IR).  Wesley Johnson is on in case Mangold is limited.  And if Pryor is hurt, we only have 2 safeties.

If Mangold is good to go next week, and we waive Johnson, it's possible we'll need to call up Rontez Miles if Pryor is still dinged up.

But yes, at this point, I'd have to say he'd be the 5th or 6th CB.

Pryor is out. They're traveling with two safeties with Walls as the primary backup, I'd imagine.

At this point, he's the 7th or 8th CB.

Who is he going to play over? McDougle and Walls are on par with him and they barely see the field except for specials. Marcus Williams barely gets any run and he's way better. Milliner is a long shot to get activated any time soon. The Jets have a huge roster crunch with all of the injuries.

I'd imagine he plan is to have him replace Cro next season.

mcdougle and walls were up for the pats* game but didn't get in the game.  this team has crazy DB depth

trade one of them ?

if not I think walls gets cut, he would save the team $1 mm with no dead space

With all of the injuries, trading anyone or cutting anyone seems to lack foresight. 

I'd imagine he plan is to have him replace Cro next season.

He'd first have to prove he's better than the three other guys who have played this year.

Behind a bunch of guys he was way ahead of before he got hurt.  He's the #4.

Geno was ahead of Fitzy too. Milliner will have trouble making the 46. They should look to move him. 

With all of the injuries, trading anyone or cutting anyone seems to lack foresight. 

can't put milliner on the roster without cutting someone, a DB seems logical, and walls saves money with no cap hit.  trust me, he's nervous, lol

can't put milliner on the roster without cutting someone, a DB seems logical, and walls saves money with no cap hit.  trust me, he's nervous, lol

He has no reason to be. Cutting a DB is not logical. They hardly ever cut position for position. It makes no sense to cut him.

That's coach speak; when Milliner is able to play, he'll be on the roster and ahead of everyone not named Revis, Cromartie or Skrine. 

What about Bowles has shown that he hasn't been straight up thus far? Again, Geno was ahead of Fitz. He's healthy now. He's the #2 QB. MiLliner has a long way to go to surpass anyone on the active roster right now. 

He has no reason to be. Cutting a DB is not logical. They hardly ever cut position for position. It makes no sense to cut him.

What about Bowles has shown that he hasn't been straight up thus far? Again, Geno was ahead of Fitz. He's healthy now. He's the #2 QB. MiLliner has a long way to go to surpass anyone on the active roster right now. 

Milliner has more physical ability than every dback on the roster except Revis and Cro, he's going to be getting significant burn before the season's over.  Could be wrong, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Milliner has more physical ability than every dback on the roster except Revis and Cro, he's going to be getting significant burn before the season's over.  Could be wrong, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Geno has more physical ability than Fitz. Your argument holds no water with this coaching staff. Milliner is going to have to work his way back and I don't see it happening any time soon for a game who hasn't seen game action in forever. 

Geno has more physical ability than Fitz. Your argument holds no water with this coaching staff. Milliner is going to have to work his way back and I don't see it happening any time soon for a game who hasn't seen game action in forever. 

Stevan Ridley hasn't seen any game action and I'd bet good money he'll be second string sooner rather than later, as the coaching staff will put the talent on the field. Same thing with Milliner. It's purely my opinion that he's going to garner playing time soon, but I think he's going to go right back to #4 on the depth chart also sooner rather than later. 

Stevan Ridley hasn't seen any game action and I'd bet good money he'll be second string sooner rather than later, as the coaching staff will put the talent on the field. Same thing with Milliner. It's purely my opinion that he's going to garner playing time soon, but I think he's going to go right back to #4 on the depth chart also sooner rather than later. 

Bilal Powell is injured and Zac Stacy has been so so. Besides Skrine, no other CBs are injured and none of them have performed badly enough to be supplanted. Also, Milliner doesn't play specials last time I checked making him a less valuable player. He's also way behind the 8 ball in practice and game shape and he hasn't gotten any run at safety like Walls and others. I don't see him being active right away. There's just no room on the roster. Unless there is an injury to one of the others. 

Bilal Powell is injured and Zac Stacy has been so so. Besides Skrine, no other CBs are injured and none of them have performed badly enough to be supplanted. Also, Milliner doesn't play specials last time I checked making him a less valuable player. He's also way behind the 8 ball in practice and game shape and he hasn't gotten any run at safety like Walls and others. I don't see him being active right away. There's just no room on the roster. Unless there is an injury to one of the others. 

It'll help if you stop thinking it as if the other CBs are being supplanted and more that they just aren't that good, besides maybe some spot-duty here and there. Milliner was #4 on the CB depth chart during pre-season and I see no reason to believe he won't jump back to that before season's end. I don't get why people want to see this kid fail, he has more potential than any DB on this roster not named Revis, you'd think we'd be hoping that he stays healthy and sees the field instead of hoping we're right so some scrub UDFA can get some burn and bragging rights.

mcdougle and walls were up for the pats* game but didn't get in the game.  this team has crazy DB depth

trade one of them ?

if not I think walls gets cut, he would save the team $1 mm with no dead space

what team out there is desperate for a CB? 

Archived