Ridley Activated; Owusu Waived/Injured

CrazyCarl40

No other team will invite Owusu in after all these concussions. Concussions are the NFLs boogie man & no team wants to be the one that has a player go into concussive convulsions on the field. Anyone that saw Chebet shaking like he had the flu with his arm locked in place & his eyes rolled back into his head knows what I mean.

Hate to see Owusu go but this is the right move. We need help with the run game and Kerley is better as the WR3. We need a KR in the worst way. There is some guys out there, I know this administration Hates using one  dimensional players, but our Offense needs to start on the 30 not the 18

I really don't know a lot about Ridley.  I've really only seen him him play a few times.

What type of back is he?

typical half back, speedy, shifty could catch out of the backfield well, doesn't have the power Ivory has, but he is not afraid to go between the tackles. Ivory is your hands down featured back, but Ridley I say is better than........(I forgot the name of your other running back.) But the bad thing about Ridley is he could break off a nice run and just as the play is ready to end, he will fumble the football.

Hell, he might be the # 2 WR this week.  Decker, while probably on the "good side" of questionable, is still officially listed as questionable this week.

It would nice if the hype around Enunwa could turn into more than just hype, especially with the WRs suffering quite a bit.

I really don't know a lot about Ridley.  I've really only seen him him play a few times.

What type of back is he? 

He is a big power back with some quickness. His hands are okay, but not much of a route runner.

He can pass protect, but has a lot of room for improvement for his size.

He fumbled a lot for a Patriot, but he's good for a normal team. We'll see how he does with fully inflated balls.

Devin Smith, Calvin Pryor, Chris Owusu and Bilal Powell are out for this game

Nick Mangold, Doubtful

Willie Colon, Buster Skrine and Eric Decker are questionable.

Jets are having horrible luck with injuries this year.

i don't find it to be so bad. all the injuries seem to be miss a game to 2 types. we have been lucky with the season ending types

Filling in and having the size to fill the position is as far from hype as it gets.

Enunwa was definitely getting hyped up on this board in the preseason. In fact I distinctly recall several posters saying we should cut/throw away/trade Kerley for a bag of chips because of Enunwa and Owusu. 

I will say now what I said then, I still do not know why the coaching staff treated Kerley the way they did in the PS because he is clearly our best #3WR. He has proven his ability in the NFL unlike Enunwa/Owusu and so far the difference between him and the other 2 has been extremely evident. 

Devin Smith, Calvin Pryor, Chris Owusu and Bilal Powell are out for this game

Nick Mangold, Doubtful

Willie Colon, Buster Skrine and Eric Decker are questionable.

Jets are having horrible luck with injuries this year.

Is Decker questionable from the same knee injury from Indy or did something else pop up from the NE game? 

Enunwa was definitely getting hyped up on this board in the preseason. In fact I distinctly recall several posters saying we should cut/throw away/trade Kerley for a bag of chips because of Enunwa and Owusu. 

I will say now what I said then, I still do not know why the coaching staff treated Kerley the way they did in the PS because he is clearly our best #3WR. He has proven his ability in the NFL unlike Enunwa/Owusu and so far the difference between him and the other 2 has been extremely evident. 

what fans say on a page is different than a player getting hyped.  

Dez coming out of college, hyped.  Amari Cooper, hyped.  Any Manning, Luck, LT, our Williams all hyped

A low round pick who didn't see the field his first season being talked up as a option to be the Hybrid TE because of his size by one fanbase is not hyped. 

what fans say on a page is different than a player getting hyped.  

Dez coming out of college, hyped.  Amari Cooper, hyped.  Any Manning, Luck, LT, our Williams all hyped

A low round pick who didn't see the field his first season being talked up as a option to be the Hybrid TE because of his size by one fanbase is not hyped. 

It wasn't just the fan base, the coaching staff were high on him in preseason too.

typical half back, speedy, shifty could catch out of the backfield well, doesn't have the power Ivory has, but he is not afraid to go between the tackles. Ivory is your hands down featured back, but Ridley I say is better than........(I forgot the name of your other running back.) But the bad thing about Ridley is he could break off a nice run and just as the play is ready to end, he will fumble the football.

Speedy?  Ridley is slow as ****.  He's even slower than Stacy and Powell.

It wasn't just the fan base, the coaching staff were high on him in preseason too.

Dude, none of what you keep saying happened is hyping a player.  You said they thought he could fill the bill, thats not hype

Definition oHYPE

transitive verb
:  to promote or publicize extravagantly 

Archived