Well The Good News

SoFlaJets

The defense lost the game...

But at the same time Geno Smith (who I've been looking forward to seeing) exhibited that he doesn't have "It" - he just doesn't.

David Carr OTH - wow, kid looks like he could really be special.

we have all been saying what Lucas and Westy just said Geno has no awareness-isn't a smart QB and doesn't "get it" the idea of situational football

You are a fool. This game ended as soon aas Fitz went down. Everybody with a ******* clue, including the Defense, knew that.

then they aren't a good defense.  The Ravens went 5 weeks without the offense scoring a touchdown and went 3-2 in those games.

if the defense went in the sh*tter because the QB went down, fck 'em.

The truth is, the defense blew the pats game and this game.  Can't stop Brady 3rd And 17...you deserve to lose...and I haven't seen Leinard williams...almost all season.  Wake me when we have an elite d and not a bunch of overrated turds letting Derek Carr look like aaron Rodgers...

and just when people were talking about Bowles halftime adjustments...look at it this way, Raiders didn't punt for the first time until there was 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

any idjit who doesn't realize we lost because our defense couldn't force a single punt till half way through the 4th quarter is exactly that...and idjit.

Geno stinks, but hes not the reason we lost today.  The def was an embarassment.

Pretty much says it all. The guy I was really surprised at was Marcus Williams. I've never seen so many whiffed tackles -- it was as if he thought he was playing touch football. And he wasn't alone by any means. Cromartie's shoulder bumps aren't tackles either.  As you said, the whole defense was really embarrassing. No pressure on Carr at all, slack coverage, terrible tackling, manhandled in the run game. WTF? Awful. Geno is just the cherry on top. He should be waived, frankly. He's that bad.

Is this where people will somehow blame this game on geno while ignoring how the team didnt show up at all today?

This was a rex ryan esque game and geno is the least person to be blamed. Its actually laughable seeing people blame him.

The o line and d line got dominated. Our defense couldnt stop a nose bleed. Our special teams continues to be horrendous.

Regardless of wether its fitz or geno,this team lives and dies on the defense and running. Both had their worst games of the season.

Its almost shocking how bad our secondary has looked since pryor went down.

I don't think Geno lost us this game. In fact, I think he kept the score closer than it deserved to be. My disappointment is that after all this time, he still hasn't grasped the basic concept of throwing the ball away when there are no better options.

Our D lost us this game. First three drives were all 70+ yards ending in TDs. I don't think we got a hand on Carr, never came close to forcing a turnover, and got gashed repeatedly in the running game. we only made one tackle for a loss. The Raiders didn't punt until midway through the 4th quarter. Jets seemed to leave their tackling at home this week.

The defense tackling was atrocious- the offense game plan was not good  should have tried to pass to set up the run. Coaching was not good- Geno was Geno- he does not have football intelligence is the way I would put it. this loss is on an entire team and coaches

Archived