Start Petty Next Week. Throw him in the deep end and set him on fire.

CobraVerde

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best Qbs are thrown in from the start. He can throw coming from Baylor and time to take of the diapers and training wheels....or just bring back Matt Simms.

Like Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady?

If a guy isn't ready, all you can do is crush him.   That being said, if they are both hurt, there is no one to bring in who can possibly know the offense.

This is stupid. Knowledgeable people  agree it is very possible to ruin a QB even likely to ruin him by putting him in before he is ready. No matter how bad Geno is and I do mean no matter how bad, Geno has to start over Petty.

This is stupid. Knowledgeable people  agree it is very possible to ruin a QB even likely to ruin him by putting him in before he is ready. No matter how bad Geno is and I do mean no matter how bad, Geno has to start over Petty.

As intolerable as Geno is to watch, somebody has to start over Petty unless the coaching staff knows there is zero chance Petty is going to be our starter and he is the cheapest stopgap we have for the season.

I just might stop watching the games until somebody else takes Geno's place.

Whats stupid is acting like there is a difference between starting him now or starting him a year or two years from now. He still is gonna have to catch up to the speed of the game. Youre not gonna get anything out of Geno cause he will be gone next year. Petty will not. pop the cherry, 

Whats stupid is acting like there is a difference between starting him now or starting him a year or two years from now. He still is gonna have to catch up to the speed of the game. Youre not gonna get anything out of Geno cause he will be gone next year. Petty will not. pop the cherry, 

The lessons are not best learned in the heat of battle.  It is the worst possible thing for Petty and for the Jets to even think about starting him unless you already know for certain he is not going to be the one.  If you know that already then there is nothing to be ruined and so go right ahead and start him.

Otherwise he sits.

When Fitz went down, I began a rigorous drinking program.  After Geno's pick, I almost started to sob.

feel ya bro ... Got to get up at '5am for work tomorrow ... But I'm still thinking about joining you, lol

SAR I its time START ROOKIE BRYCE PETTY 

It's what I wanted in the preseason, Fitzpatrick exceeded expectations but if he's out for awhile let's see Bryce's arm.  The Jaguar game seems to be the perfect spot to get ready for the Bills showdown.  Two home games in one week, the crowd will definitely get behind him. 

Speaking selfishly, I won't attend a Jets game that's started by Geno Smith so I would hate to miss two of eight home games in a single week.  Give me Petty or give me StubHub.

SAR I

Sweet jesus. If you ever want Petty to have any type of success in this league, you absolutely do not let him play this season, at all. He is in no way ready to handle the NFL game and putting him in now could ruin him, which could set our franchise back even further, if you are assuming he's capable of being a franchise guy. You roll with Geno and whomever they grab to be his backup and continue to let Petty learn. He's just not ready.  

The fact that they put an injured Fitzpatrick in to replace an injured Geno Smith should give you an idea of how NFL ready Petty currently is. Let the kid sit and learn.

well petty was not active so there is that.  

I would love to know how petty has been at practice since Aug.    Only a coach would know if he could play with out being destroyed.  

Sweet jesus. If you ever want Petty to have any type of success in this league, you absolutely do not let him play this season, at all. He is in no way ready to handle the NFL game and putting him in now could ruin him, which could set our franchise back even further, if you are assuming he's capable of being a franchise guy. You roll with Geno and whomever they grab to be his backup and continue to let Petty learn. He's just not ready.  

how exactly do you know that?

i understand that Petty did come from a spread system and has never read a defense or changed a play.   None of that means he can't.   That's a personal thing, depends on the QB.  We have no idea if he can or can't do it now.  Only the coaches can tell that.  

I am not saying start him now, I am just saying none of us knows if he can play now 

He came from a system where he almost never made a read.

They were talking on the radio, he couldn't even identify a Mike or a Will until most of the way through camp.

Why wait? If Fitz is broken the next man up on the chart is obviously Geno but we all KNOW how that will end. In a disaster in case youre wondering. So instead of wasting the year and maybe youll find something give Petty the start and lean everything on Ivory and the Defense. We are already doing that.

This is why we can never have nice things. 

Why wait? If Fitz is broken the next man up on the chart is obviously Geno but we all KNOW how that will end. In a disaster in case youre wondering. So instead of wasting the year and maybe youll find something give Petty the start and lean everything on Ivory and the Defense. We are already doing that.

Here's a hint, we all know how it would work out with Petty at QB too.

And I'm pretty sure it will ruin his career too.  But hey, who gives a damn, lets play Petty.  Because the risk is worth it, we might win an extra game 

Archived