Mike Glennon

Villain The Foe

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not happening, Glennon is not going to be a Jet. I think its time to give up and move on Villain. Find someone else, Glennon isn't into you.

Why, Fitz has a broken hand and Geno sucks right? 

How about presenting a QB yourself instead of making these innuendos about guys being into guys. 

If you're not mature enough to do that then atleast leave the thread for others to speak on the topic. There are plenty of people here who've realized that the best way to deal with me and Mike Glennon is to ignore me and Mike Glennon. 

Why, Fitz has a broken hand and Geno sucks right? 

How about presenting a QB yourself instead of making these innuendos about guys being into guys. 

If you're not mature enough to do that then atleast leave the thread for others to speak on the topic. There are plenty of people here who've realized that the best way to deal with me and Mike Glennon is to ignore me and Mike Glennon. 

Im fine with Geno right now until Fitz heals up. I would be fine if they pick up Flynn or Johnson. I would be happy if they traded for Mettenberger or Glennon but its just simply not going to happen. The most likely scenario is that Geno takes first team snaps this week and starts next week with Fitz backing him up (if healthy enough) or Petty.

Im fine with Geno right now until Fitz heals up. I would be fine if they pick up Flynn or Johnson. I would be happy if they traded for Mettenberger or Glennon but its just simply not going to happen. The most likely scenario is that Geno takes first team snaps this week and starts next week with Fitz backing him up (if healthy enough) or Petty.

There you go. Its great when you can participate and add QB's yourself. I know its most likely not going to happen that we trade for Mettenberger, but its either talking about hypotheticals or arguing about Geno and Fitz for the 8 straight week...and I dont feel like it.  

I believe Geno could hold us down, but his mental mistakes (taking that massive his after his run, not throwng the ball away) simply gives me an uneasiness when it comes to playing close games with anyone. I must say that I do like what Marshall brings to the table. He's made Fitz better and from this Geno sighting he was a reliable target all game outside of that drop at the end of the game. 

Actually picking up Glennon is not nearly the longshot it was 2 months ago, now that it seems Winston doesn't need to be pulled and put on clipboard duty. They may be only 1 game under .500 but they're in 4th place in the division and have to leapfrog too many better teams to secure a wildcard spot. 

No doubt they like having Glennon as an experienced, very cheap #2 QB, But would they trade a 4th round pick (guessing that's around his trade value right now, give or take a round) to keep him around for the rest of this non-playoff season, plus 1 more season holding a clipboard for Winston?

Certainly worth the call from Maccagnan to see what they'd take in trade. Maybe they'd be interested in Coples, lol.

There you go. Its great when you can participate and add QB's yourself. I know its most likely not going to happen that we trade for Mettenberger, but its either talking about hypotheticals or arguing about Geno and Fitz for the 8 straight week...and I dont feel like it.  

I believe Geno could hold us down, but his mental mistakes (taking that massive his after his run, not throwng the ball away) simply gives me an uneasiness when it comes to playing close games with anyone. I must say that I do like what Marshall brings to the table. He's made Fitz better and from this Geno sighting he was a reliable target all game outside of that drop at the end of the game. 

Geno is dumb but he can hold down the fort until Fitz can play so long as the defense doesn't suck. I think Marshal will help Geno and Thompkins looks like he is going to earn a roster slot. I am actually looking forward to Geno getting to throw the ball to Devin Smith though maybe it will happen next week.

Actually picking up Glennon is not nearly the longshot it was 2 months ago, now that it seems Winston doesn't need to be pulled and put on clipboard duty. They may be only 1 game under .500 but they're in 4th place in the division and have to leapfrog too many better teams to secure a wildcard spot. 

No doubt they like having Glennon as an experienced, very cheap #2 QB, But would they trade a 4th round pick (guessing that's around his trade value right now, give or take a round) to keep him around for the rest of this non-playoff season, plus 1 more season holding a clipboard for Winston?

Certainly worth the call from Maccagnan to see what they'd take in trade. Maybe they'd be interested in Coples, lol.

I would do this in a heartbeat for him or Mettenberg if we could get away with it for a 4th.  Can't imagine it being that cheap ... But would happily be wrong.  I go up to a 2nd for Glennon 

Geno didn't lose this game today..the defense did.

I agree with you. 

It doesnt mean that people are not going to argue about Geno's stupidity for not throwing the ball away twice and taking a huge hit instead of running out of bounds while at the same time ignoring Fitz stupid ass mistake for also not sliding and breaking his hand on the play.

Trust me, it'll be all week! :-)

Geno is dumb but he can hold down the fort until Fitz can play so long as the defense doesn't suck. I think Marshal will help Geno and Thompkins looks like he is going to earn a roster slot. I am actually looking forward to Geno getting to throw the ball to Devin Smith though maybe it will happen next week.

Look, I've ripped Geno apart during the offseason. Once training camp started and I heard about his progression I supported him. Then he gets punched in the face over money though he's a milionaire. I figured that the incident was just one of those freak things that happen given the culture and maybe Bowles can assist with this as he changes the culture. Then Geno gets on the field and while having an overall solid game, I gotta give him that, the mistakes (taking just a ridiculous hit head on after a nice run, taking two unnecessary sacks when he was obviously out of the pocket and could have thrown the ball away) were all mental mistakes and though I think he has talent to produce with the talent around him, I just cant trust his decision making. 

Granted, people will want to compare this to why Fitz is "better" but it was Fitz who forgot to slide and broke his damn hand as well. How about that for being a "Harvard Grad". If I hear that sh*t again lol. At this point both quarterbacks are stupid asses. Obviously if Geno isnt hurt (he took a beating this game) he's going to get the start. I just hope that what we seen today was just a lot of nervousness just suddenly being thrown out there like that and that he'll have a week t mentally prepare to start and those mistakes will show to be a 1 time or very limited scenario. I got faith in the kid, but he has to show that he wants this too if he's going to have this fanbase change their perspective on him. 

I would do this in a heartbeat for him or Mettenberg if we could get away with it for a 4th.  Can't imagine it being that cheap ... But would happily be wrong.  I go up to a 2nd for Glennon 

I think his value was higher in March than it is today. After the first 2 guys, in this draft there weren't a lot of (if any) QBs a team figure they could go with any time soon. Plus Tampa wanted to at least keep up the illusion that they'd yank that starting job away from Winston if he showed he wasn't even ready enough to be a so-so rookie.

That time has come and gone. Tampa's season, while not as bad as last year, is unlikely to end in a playoff spot. So if they fill a lot more pieces this offseason, Glennon's value to them is 1 more season of being a cheap backup to Winston. It should be hard for them to give up on another team's 4th round pick for 1.5 seasons of a backup QB after they just took a guy #1 overall, who they still like a lot after his first 7 games.

No one can ever talk bad about you around me bro. 

Unless its me, but that rarely if ever happens! :-)

I think his value was higher in March than it is today. After the first 2 guys, in this draft there weren't a lot of (if any) QBs a team figure they could go with any time soon. Plus Tampa wanted to at least keep up the illusion that they'd yank that starting job away from Winston if he showed he wasn't even ready enough to be a so-so rookie.

That time has come and gone. Tampa's season, while not as bad as last year, is unlikely to end in a playoff spot. So if they fill a lot more pieces this offseason, Glennon's value to them is 1 more season of being a cheap backup to Winston. It should be hard for them to give up on another team's 4th round pick for 1.5 seasons of a backup QB after they just took a guy #1 overall, who they still like a lot after his first 7 games.

sounds good ... Our desperation isreadily apparent as well at this time too though

glennon is young, cheap and promising.

winston is young, expensive and a question mark

glennon is the 2nd most important player on their roster.  I hope to god they are dumb enough to move him, but I jut can't see it happening

Archived