Mike Glennon

Villain The Foe

glennon is young, cheap and promising.

winston is young, expensive and a question mark

glennon is the 2nd most important player on their roster.  I hope to god they are dumb enough to move him, but I jut can't see it happening

The fact that they drafted a QB #1 in the draft lets me know that they are dumb enough. Not saying that Winston was a poor choice, I just think you can build a team around Glennon and obviously they dont see that. 

The jets should make a trade before the deadline. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why so many people hate this idea. Glennon 6'6 25 years old 29tds to 15 ints. Hes a young guy with a rocket arm who Gailey could develop into a solid quarterback. I'm all for it. 

He has qualities that could really work well. He's smart and he doesnt throw alot of INT's. He's comfortable in the pocket (watch how bad those Bucs lines were the prior two years and you'll see that statement as a high compliment) he doesnt get rattled and he can take a hit. He's not really mobile and he doesnt have the biggest hands so he can fumble at times, but he is an accurate passer with average release speed but has a BEAUTIFUL accurate deep ball leading the WR's nicely and leading the receivers to the spot where he wants them to be with his throws. 

Im fine with Geno right now until Fitz heals up. I would be fine if they pick up Flynn or Johnson. I would be happy if they traded for Mettenberger or Glennon but its just simply not going to happen. The most likely scenario is that Geno takes first team snaps this week and starts next week with Fitz backing him up (if healthy enough) or Petty.

If Josh Johnson is available the Jets have to sign him tonight sadly.

glennon is young, cheap and promising.

winston is young, expensive and a question mark

glennon is the 2nd most important player on their roster.  I hope to god they are dumb enough to move him, but I jut can't see it happening

Winston isn't a question mark.  He's their QB of the future playing now and playing well.  If Winston tanks and they are off him it will be long after Glennon is out of Tampa.

Winston is on a streak of 3 games without a INT BTW, is playing better and led the Bucs to an upset win over the Falcons today.  I wish we had a question mark like Winston.  They might be willing to take offers for their backup now 

Winston isn't a question mark.  He's their QB of the future playing now and playing well.  If Winston tanks and they are off him it will be long after Glennon is out of Tampa.

Winston is on a streak of 3 games without a INT BTW, is playing better and led the Bucs to an upset win over the Falcons today.  I wish we had a question mark like Winston.  They might be willing to take offers for their backup now 

Yeah that's what I was saying. Winson was a question mark leading up to the draft, leading into mini-camp, heading into full TC, heading into pre-season games, heading into his first real game. Now it's 2 months into the season. No it doesn't mean he's a savvy veteran now, but a lot of those preseason fears have been calmed down. The veteran camp arm to push Winston is now just a guy holding a clipboard. Glennon will only see action if Winston gets injured.

Yeah that's what I was saying. Winson was a question mark leading up to the draft, leading into mini-camp, heading into full TC, heading into pre-season games, heading into his first real game. Now it's 2 months into the season. No it doesn't mean he's a savvy veteran now, but a lot of those preseason fears have been calmed down. The veteran camp arm to push Winston is now just a guy holding a clipboard. Glennon will only see action if Winston gets injured.

Exactly, Glennon's only worth is in case of injury.  Its a given that Winston is the starter for the next few years minimum unless hes injured.  And given his FSU history, his size, you have to think thats not happening either.  He's playing well, not sitting down 

Based on what? He could only be out a few weeks. Depends on what the MRI shows. There isn't a disabled list like baseball. You IR him and he's done. 

If the MRI shows he tore ligaments like they are reporting he will need surgery, and will be done for 3 months so yeah IR is where he will belong.

Exactly, Glennon's only worth is in case of injury.  Its a given that Winston is the starter for the next few years minum unless hes injured.  And given his FSU history, his size, you have to think thats not happening either.  He's playing well, not sitting down 

Put it this way. Say Glennon was no longer with their team. Before the deadline, he's available, but entrenched as the backup on a different team this year.

Right now, would Tampa trade next year's 4th rounder to get him back, to be Winston's backup for the remainder of this season and all next year, before hitting free agency? I doubt it. So why would they turn down a 4th rounder? Emotions aside, it's the same decision for them for the most part (since Tampa isn't a real contender this season). They'd be turning down a 4th for Glennon to back up Winston in 2016.

I don't see them turning down all offers this coming offseason anyway, now that they know (or think they know) Winston's not a bust.

Who are you cutting to add a QB? With all of the other injuries and depth being stretched to the max, who are you getting rid of to add someone to the 53 man roster?

Huh?

1. Fitz is either going on IR, in which case a new QB will take his roster spot.

2. It doesn't matter. If Petty isn't ready for game action yet, but the team doesn't want to cut ties with him, then you cut someone else. There's always a roster spot for a player who isn't active on game day. For a QB, you make room.

Huh?

1. Fitz is either going on IR, in which case a new QB will take his roster spot.

2. It doesn't matter. If Petty isn't ready for game action yet, but the team doesn't want to cut ties with him, then you cut someone else. There's always a roster spot for a player who isn't active on game day. For a QB, you make room.

What if the MRI says Fitz could be back in a month. There is not many others to cut. 

@nyjets: Mangold is inactive. Complete #Jets inactives for #NYJvsOAK:

Petty
D. Smith
Pryor
Powell
J. Harrison
Ijalana
Mangold

That's who was inactive today. Ijalana I suppose you could cut. No one else on that list is getting cut. 

What if the MRI says Fitz could be back in a month. There is not many others to cut. 

@nyjets: Mangold is inactive. Complete #Jets inactives for #NYJvsOAK:

Petty
D. Smith
Pryor
Powell
J. Harrison
Ijalana
Mangold

That's who was inactive today. Ijalana I suppose you could cut. No one else on that list is getting cut. 

See? You've answered your own question. 

You don't keep Ijalana on the inactive roster so you can go into a game with 1 QB on the active roster.

If they had enough confidence in Petty's progression so far, they wouldn't be in panic mode calling around the league right now.

The reports that the Jets are looking to acquire a QB. (See other threads)

Those reports tell me that 1) Fitz is probably seriously hurt and 2) Geno maybe hurt as well.  So the OP maybe actual turn to reality....

Oh. I read all that. I thought you read something specific about acquiring Glennon. And the reports of us looking for a QB came in while Geno was still upright. Actually they came in as soon as Fitz went down.

Getting Glennon in the offseason was ideal. Getting him now and expecting him to learn an entire system at mid-season is not. I'd be good with a trade, because I like Glennon, but it's sink or swim time now for Geno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How am I not discussing the Jets? The purpose of this topic is talk about a player I would like to have on the Jets roster. 

How in the world did you not see that? 

Show me where I said you weren't discussing the Jets. I am discussing Glennon with you, just curious who you root for as well. I'm friendly like that.

Show me where I said you weren't discussing the Jets. I am discussing Glennon with you, just curious who you root for as well. I'm friendly like that.

It's probably me then so my bad but im not really understanding you. Im not sure if your asking me if im discussing the Jets or if im a Bucs fan. I'll just answer the best way I can. 

Im a Jets fan but I of course I watch other teams because Im a football fan in general. Im a big Mike Glennon fan because one of the teams that I've watched closely are the Bucs. I would like us to trade for Mike Glennon because I think he's a good quarterback. 

I don't understand why so many people hate this idea. Glennon 6'6 25 years old 29tds to 15 ints. Hes a young guy with a rocket arm who Gailey could develop into a solid quarterback. I'm all for it. 

they just assume he's not good for whatever reason.  Looks like a giraffe.

Winston is the real deal the bucs will be using Glennon as trade bait next offseason 

Archived