Mike Glennon

Villain The Foe

It's probably me then so my bad but im not really understanding you. Im not sure if your asking me if im discussing the Jets or if im a Bucs fan. I'll just answer the best way I can. 

Im a Jets fan but I of course I watch other teams because Im a football fan in general. Im a big Mike Glennon fan because one of the teams that I've watched closely are the Bucs. I would like us to trade for Mike Glennon because I think he's a good quarterback. 

Haha got it. You made it sound like I was a Jets fan and you weren't. I was curious what team you rooted for. Its clear now. Thanks.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put it this way. Say Glennon was no longer with their team. Before the deadline, he's available, but entrenched as the backup on a different team this year.

Right now, would Tampa trade next year's 4th rounder to get him back, to be Winston's backup for the remainder of this season and all next year, before hitting free agency? I doubt it. So why would they turn down a 4th rounder? Emotions aside, it's the same decision for them for the most part (since Tampa isn't a real contender this season). They'd be turning down a 4th for Glennon to back up Winston in 2016.

I don't see them turning down all offers this coming offseason anyway, now that they know (or think they know) Winston's not a bust.

Speaking of Wilson not being a bust, I remember all of the craziness after week one when Mariota had one of those historical games for a 1st time player. 

8 weeks into the season you dont hear much of the "Winston is a bust" talk. He's quietly having a respectable rookie season. He's thrown atleast 1 TD in every game and has thrown INT's in just 3 of his 7 games. 

Get Glennon! Just get him. He would be the best QB the Jets have since a health Favre. They are likely not going to be in a position to draft a good QB, this is the best chance they have to get a legitimate QB playing for this team. If you can get it done for a 4th, absolute no brainer. If it takes a 4th and a 6th, get it done.

Actually picking up Glennon is not nearly the longshot it was 2 months ago, now that it seems Winston doesn't need to be pulled and put on clipboard duty. They may be only 1 game under .500 but they're in 4th place in the division and have to leapfrog too many better teams to secure a wildcard spot. 

No doubt they like having Glennon as an experienced, very cheap #2 QB, But would they trade a 4th round pick (guessing that's around his trade value right now, give or take a round) to keep him around for the rest of this non-playoff season, plus 1 more season holding a clipboard for Winston?

Certainly worth the call from Maccagnan to see what they'd take in trade. Maybe they'd be interested in Coples, lol.

I would give the fourth.  But I think they have the Jets over a barrel and would hold out for a third or better.

It's probably me then so my bad but im not really understanding you. Im not sure if your asking me if im discussing the Jets or if im a Bucs fan. I'll just answer the best way I can. 

Im a Jets fan but I of course I watch other teams because Im a football fan in general. Im a big Mike Glennon fan because one of the teams that I've watched closely are the Bucs. I would like us to trade for Mike Glennon because I think he's a good quarterback. 

Wait, you LIKE Glennon? 

I would give the fourth.  But I think they have the Jets over a barrel and would hold out for a third or better.

Meh. Yes and no. They don't need Glennon so a 4th is found money. In March he will have gone a whole season without throwing a meaningful pass. Further, however unlikely, if Glennon gets injured (even in practice or mopping up in garbage time), then they end up with nothing.

It helps Maccagnan's case that Geno's numbers weren't atrocious even coming in cold. On paper, the guy they initially gave the starting job to this spring threw an early pick on a deep pass - a deep pass where the WR appeared interfered with despite the non-call - and then he settled down. So Maccagnan can at least pretend he's not desperate even if he actually feels he is inside. If Geno also sustained an injury that would keep him out of action, like when we lost Pennington & Fiedler for the season 2 minutes apart from each other, then I'd agree about the barrel.

He should also be calling up Orton and offering him $3M to finish the season. Let Brandon "Kyle Orton is the best QB I've ever played with" Marshall help with the sweet-talking. 

Winston isn't a question mark.  He's their QB of the future playing now and playing well.  If Winston tanks and they are off him it will be long after Glennon is out of Tampa.

Winston is on a streak of 3 games without a INT BTW, is playing better and led the Bucs to an upset win over the Falcons today.  I wish we had a question mark like Winston.  They might be willing to take offers for their backup now 

Winston just beat a good Falcons team yesterday in OT on the road and would have had a last second win over the Redskins if his receiver doesn't fumble in the last play.

FU Rex

Winston just beat a good Falcons team yesterday in OT on the road and would have had a last second win over the Redskins if his receiver doesn't fumble in the last play.

FU Rex

Three straight games now without an interception.

Even a Harvard savior cant do that. 

Archived