Injury updates

Jetlife33

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've torn the ligament in my thumb and I couldn't touch my pinky to thumb for 3 months after surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.  It's brutal.  I did it back when I played hoops.  Non-shooting hand.  And while I was limited, I could play after about a few weeks but definitely wasnt 100% for a while. 

what did he say was wrong with our overhyped, overpaid defense?

I am wondering the same thing. Overpaid and overrated. These guys looked like they didn't want to play against the mighty Raiders. When the Jets suck they don't do it halfway that's for sure. This is when we find out if Bowles is worth a damn, because they better be flying around like a pack of crazed dogs against Jacksonville. 

Whats Todd Bowles conditioning program like for players any ideas? 

Injuries across the NFL up because of the way camps and practices are run now. It has nothing to do with conditioning. You think that Fitz has a thumb injury because he didn't do enough biceps curls? It's a part of the game.

I think at this point, if Geno can't play we need to rethink this. It's no longer about "Petty being ready".

He may be the only and/or best option. Would you rather have some castoff that is not familiar with this offense to come in here and start on Sunday? I don't think so. For me, if Petty has some decent mental toughness, unlike Geno/Sanchez, you have to give him a shot. Geno is a dumbass and if there is one thing I can't stand is player, especially a QB that doesn't learn the basics. So I'm ok with Petty.

I think at this point, if Geno can't play we need to rethink this. It's no longer about "Petty being ready".

He may be the only and/or best option. Would you rather have some castoff that is not familiar with this offense to come in here and start on Sunday? I don't think so. For me, if Petty has some decent mental toughness, unlike Geno/Sanchez, you have to give him a shot. Geno is a dumbass and if there is one thing I can't stand is player, especially a QB that doesn't learn the basics. So I'm ok with Petty.

I agree.  If we are down 2 QBs come sunday petty should play - and If he can't play an emergency game for us - wtf are we doing with him?  I understand, he's not pro ready, but he played in the preseason, and he goes to practice, he should be able to play a game in a pinch.  I'm not for trotting him out there as the starter for the rest of the year, but for 1 game if Geno isn't available i don't understand why not - if anything he should benefit from some more game reps.  If he is that behind/not ready to fill in for just one game at this point in the season even as a rookie - I don't understand why we're wasting time on him, he's never gonna develop into anything.

As an aside, listening to the conference call and the press conference yesterday, not one person questioned Bowles about playing a CB at safety and how that impacted the outcome of the game. The Jets beat writers need to get with it. Good lord.

It's pathetic. They vacillate between a fawning fanclub and a pitchforks-and-torches mob. Did they ask about punting down 14 with 3:30 left?

Whats Todd Bowles conditioning program like for players any ideas? 

That's not on conditioning.

Muscle pulls yes.  A QB not sliding and tearing his thumb?  It's not like he should have been doing thumb presses.

A WR gets his ankle caught under a DB?  Bad luck

It's pathetic. They vacillate between a fawning fanclub and a pitchforks-and-torches mob. Did they ask about punting down 14 with 3:30 left?

It was all injury questions and who they might bring in and who is closer to playing. I haven't seen anything remotely close to questioning actual football decisions. I understand it's a new coach and building professional rapport, but there's also a responsibility to journalism that is severely lacking by them.

It was all injury questions and who they might bring in and who is closer to playing. I haven't seen anything remotely close to questioning actual football decisions. I understand it's a new coach and building professional rapport, but there's also a responsibility to journalism that is severely lacking by them.

I think it was Olbermann who said that 31 teams are covered by sports reporters, while the Jets have gossip columnists who happen to cover sports.

Archived