been a fan over 35 years

kmnj

going all the way back to shea days as a kid-missed only a handful of games in that time-this was about one of the worst games I have seen

Jets showed ZERO HEART

Coach looked clueless out there-no concept of time management again-the punting and the running call at the end were beyond awful-he quit on the team -just gave up-some teams go down fighting jets just go down

Geno-played okay but I officially buy into the he is dumb school of thought-about 4-5 times I was like omg wtf

Our Defense is a fraud-all of those top draft picks and we got shredded out there-we never get any snacks either-

This was one of those days when I question if I should even be a fan and invest my money and time into a team that just sucks year in and year out

going all the way back to shea days as a kid-missed only a handful of games in that time-this was about one of the worst games I have seen

Jets showed ZERO HEART

Coach looked clueless out there-no concept of time management again-the punting and the running call at the end were beyond awful-he quit on the team -just gave up-some teams go down fighting jets just go down

Geno-played okay but I officially buy into the he is dumb school of thought-about 4-5 times I was like omg wtf

Our Defense is a fraud-all of those top draft picks and we got shredded out there-we never get any snacks either-

This was one of those days when I question if I should even be a fan and invest my money and time into a team that just sucks year in and year out

Really? I've cried at Jets losses. Not this one

The Jets played badly, but im not in agreement with Bowles lookng like he didnt have a clue. The team played like sh*t today, his QB gets hurt his back up forgets how to slide as well  or how to throw the ball away, the running game was non existent because the defense allowed so many points. 

It was a bad day, but Bowles didnt look clueless. We've had Rex Ryan as a coach so we should all know what clueless looks like. 

Really? I've cried at Jets losses. Not this one

yeah because I thought for once they would step up and take care of biz and not lay down like this

the worst game was todd INT in the playoffs so it is not on that scale but...

Jets showed ZERO HEART

u meant since Shea you only WATCHED a handful of games??? I'm only 35 and I've seen MUCH worse!

I was surprised by my lack of surprise. The omens beforehand were not good. Injuries, travelling to the west coast, a potential let-down game. We've seen this movie before. 

The game felt over at 14-3. That was a little disappointing.

It was one thing to play the Patriots tough last week. But a real statement of intent, that things might be different under Bowles, would have been to have taken care of business in this one. Instead the game was over inside the first quarter. 

Still early days in the Bowles era mind. He probably learnt as much about some of his players tonight as the previous six games put together. Win the next two at home and the show will be back on the road, with everyone a little wiser and road-tested. 

I can't get over the fact that Geno still doesn't know how to protect the ball or himself. His lack of awareness is alarming. It doesn't matter if you can sling the ball around if your not smart enough to know how to use the rules to your advantage.

I'm not shocked Fitz got hurt, he was playing with fire & he got burned. Last week he was lucky he's still alive after the McCourty hit, like someone said, not too smart for a Harvard guy (probably the common sense argument). The strange thing was I'm watching & I'm like "Oh, No, we lost Ryan Fitzpatrick!", is it really any different from Texans fans exclaiming, "oh no we lost Brian Hoyer!". After hearing myself it was kind of humorous that he meant so much to me, lol. Such is the state of the QB position for the NY Jets since Joe Namath.

I was surprised by my lack of surprise. The omens beforehand were not good. Injuries, travelling to the west coast, a potential let-down game. We've seen this movie before. 

The game felt over at 14-3. That was a little disappointing.

It was one thing to play the Patriots tough last week. But a real statement of intent, that things might be different under Bowles, would have been to have taken care of business in this one. Instead the game was over inside the first quarter. 

Still early days in the Bowles era mind. He probably learnt as much about some of his players tonight as the previous six games put together. Win the next two at home and the show will be back on the road, with everyone a little wiser and road-tested. 

Nailed it! Like a QB on prom night. 

I can't get over the fact that Geno still doesn't know how to protect the ball or himself. His lack of awareness is alarming. It doesn't matter if you can sling the ball around if your not smart enough to know how to use the rules to your advantage.

I'm not shocked Fitz got hurt, he was playing with fire & he got burned. Last week he was lucky he's still alive after the McCourty hit, like someone said, not too smart for a Harvard guy (probably the common sense argument). The strange thing was I'm watching & I'm like "Oh, No, we lost Ryan Fitzpatrick!", is it really any different from Texans fans exclaiming, "oh no we lost Brian Hoyer!". After hearing myself it was kind of humorous that he meant so much to me, lol. Such is the state of the QB position for the NY Jets since Joe Namath.

I think Geno just gets overexcited and tries to make plays instead of throwing it away and getting them the next play. You can beat he will get more than an earful on that this week. OL was noticeably worse though without Mangold.

I think Geno just gets overexcited and tries to make plays instead of throwing it away and getting them the next play. You can beat he will get more than an earful on that this week. OL was noticeably worse though without Mangold.

good point. Marshall is the same way. You can see them become desperate and want to make a play out of nothing and it usually leads to nothing good.

We were about to lose one or two games till our next matchup against the pats anyways. Would have expected us to lose at least one against the Fins or Bills. So not that upset about the loss. The main problem of this game is, beside losing it, we lost Fitz and Maybe Smith as well. No way they pick up someone off the street who wins us games. Mindblowing that some around here would rather have some no name at QB instead of Smith. Smith at least has a little experience in the offense. I think he played decent. The defense is responsible for losing this game. Not the offense and Smith. Hoping he can play next week against the Jags. A game we HAVE TO win, because we'll need the W for the rest of the way. Good thing is the Steelers lost yesterday, so we still have a little breathing room to maintain in the Wildcard spot

More jets fans whining .. Grown man sounding like little girls over a loss . When history shows we always struggle going into Oakland..

I don't expect the defense to have another performance like that for the rest of season.  Offensively as the game went on Geno got more in sync . Besides 2 bone headed sacks that wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game he was pretty much on par with a Fitzpatrick type production out of this offense ..

not having Mangold was a huge loss.. Wesley Johnson was terrible pass and run blocking .

And man Calvin Pryor was missed out there.

anyway im flipping the page on this game see y'all next week .. Hopefully Fitz injury isn't serious but more important hopefully that Marshall injury isn't gonna linger for the rest of season he is the most important guy on Offense

We are the NY Jets.... Who was really surprised?

If Rex were coach, I'd blame him.   Well now we have no one to blame.

We are exactly who we thought we would be in August.

BTW....any Geno defenders out there???  He simply is not good enough.

BUT our defense gave him no chance.  

Losing Fitzy was the killer.

The difference this is season is relatively solid QB play. Looks like Ivory is still dinged up by the stat line.

I can name many games that were much worse; Thanksgiving butfumble, Loss to Steelers in AFCCG, Brien missed 2 field goals in Heinz (playoffs), Favre losing AFC East to Fins with Penny at Metlife, Loss to Broncos in AFCCG, Vinny injured to start next season... and that was all after Parcells

Feel better?

More jets fans whining .. Grown man sounding like little girls over a loss . When history shows we always struggle going into Oakland..

I don't expect the defense to have another performance like that for the rest of season.  Offensively as the game went on Geno got more in sync . Besides 2 bone headed sacks that wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game he was pretty much on par with a Fitzpatrick type production out of this offense ..

not having Mangold was a huge loss.. Wesley Johnson was terrible pass and run blocking .

And man Calvin Pryor was missed out there.

anyway im flipping the page on this game see y'all next week .. Hopefully Fitz injury isn't serious but more important hopefully that Marshall injury isn't gonna linger for the rest of season he is the most important guy on Offense

If you're a good team, then go out and beat good teams then. That's why it's frustrating. We all know about our history in Oakland, the only way to reverse that trend is to go out there and win, and we didn't do it. Not even close. 

The defense played the same way in the 4th quarter of the Pats, it's becoming a trend. We can't get sacks and we only stop the run if they run it up the middle. 

Getting a win against the crappy Jaguars isn't going to heal this loss, maybe if they come out and dominate the Bills I'll feel better about them getting back on track. 

If you're a good team, then go out and beat good teams then. That's why it's frustrating. We all know about our history in Oakland, the only way to reverse that trend is to go out there and win, and we didn't do it. Not even close. 

The defense played the same way in the 4th quarter of the Pats, it's becoming a trend. We can't get sacks and we only stop the run if they run it up the middle. 

Getting a win against the crappy Jaguars isn't going to heal this loss, maybe if they come out and dominate the Bills I'll feel better about them getting back on track. 

Lemme get this straight... if they beat the Jaguars you won't feel better, but if they beat the team the Jaguars beat, you will?

Lemme get this straight... if they beat the Jaguars you won't feel better, but if they beat the team the Jaguars beat, you will?

Ok, fine - I'll feel marginally better, the Jags are a doormat franchise and haven't won a road game since 2013. You don't think everyone here wants to kick Rex and his Bills' asses when he strolls back into MetLife?

Ok, fine - I'll feel marginally better, the Jags are a doormat franchise and haven't won a road game since 2013. You don't think everyone here wants to kick Rex and his Bills' asses when he strolls back into MetLife?

I'll just feel better when Mangold plays and the defense doesn't play like they are hung over. 

The Jets played badly, but im not in agreement with Bowles lookng like he didnt have a clue. The team played like sh*t today, his QB gets hurt his back up forgets how to slide as well  or how to throw the ball away, the running game was non existent because the defense allowed so many points. 

It was a bad day, but Bowles didnt look clueless. We've had Rex Ryan as a coach so we should all know what clueless looks like. 

That's bullsh*t.  We aren't in any QB injury situation if Fitz just ******* slides.  Why does he get a pass and Geno doesn't?

I'll just feel better when Mangold plays and the defense doesn't play like they are hung over. 

We pretty much have to have that Jax game, yeah. Defense was the single most angering aspect from yesterday. 

I shudder to think of Geno at the helm again vs the Bills, if last year was any indication. 

Jets showed ZERO HEART

If you've been a fan as long as you say this game not in the top 50 worst losses.  And shouldn't be on any teams worst losses list.  

It wasn't even the worst loss in the NFL yesterday 

If you've been a fan as long as you say this game not in the top 50 worst losses.  And shouldn't be on any teams worst losses list.  

Agreed, but it looked like a typical Bruce Coslet coached game.  The test is next week...the D-Line has to show signs of domination...Bowles has to figure out a way to generate a pass rush, the CB's have to do what they are paid to do...they should beat Jacksonville 24-0.

The most disturbing thing to me - the drop-off on O-Line performance was not that great with Mangold out - shows how much Mangold has declined.

Agreed, but it looked like a typical Bruce Coslet coached game.  The test is next week...the D-Line has to show signs of domination...Bowles has to figure out a way to generate a pass rush, the CB's have to do what they are paid to do...they should beat Jacksonville 24-0.

The most disturbing thing to me - the drop-off on O-Line performance was not that great with Mangold out - shows how much Mangold has declined.

it had the look and feel of any team when they play flat and bad football.  Happens from time to time unfortunately.  Are the Falcons blaming as many as we are for losing to Tampa? 

I don't know who's to blame for the OL yesterday given I don't have a clue what king of condition Ivory is in.  He till doesn't look right so...

Archived